Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn't touch Sprinter Sacre with a barge pole at those odds, struggle to get 5/2 on at most places
  • Options
    1.3 on the exchanges!
  • Options
    He is the banker though.

I still like Binocular at an e/w price in the Champ hurdle. Previous festival form is a massive plus imo
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

In case anyones interested if you have a Betfred account they are offering a free £10 bet if you place a £10 ante post bet. see link for terms

http://www.betfred.com/horse-racing-centre/cheltenham/cheltenham-festival-offers?mred=http://content.betfred.com/horseracing/cheltenham/index.html

nice one. will have some of that

Sam Winner is my nap so £10 on him and will have a think about where to chance the free bet
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My e/w ante-posts have been a disaster ... one dead (no meat pie etc jokes please) .. Darlan and one crocked .. Katenko.... I will save the rest of my dwindling punt pot until much closer to the off
  • Options
    Imperial Commander out of the GC - what a shame.
  • Options
    Will be there all week as usual. Best week of the year for me. No idea who to back at present however.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Wouldn't touch Sprinter Sacre with a barge pole at those odds, struggle to get 5/2 on at most places

Generally 1/4 at mom.
  • Options
    Fruity O'Rooney E/W in the JTL.
  • Options

Fruity O'Rooney E/W in the JTL.

G...to avoid confusion, it's the JLT (Tuesday 2.40). Currently 14s with PP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grands Crus in the World Hurdle E/W at 16/1 but do it with Betfred who are going N/R No Bet so money back if it doesn't run in the race.
  • Options
    A few other free bets and other good offers people may be interested in.

Paddy Power - Money back on all losers if Hurricane Fly wins the champion hurdle.

Bet Victor- Money back if you dont win any money on the Supreme Novice Hurdle upto £50

Ladbrokes- Money back if Simonsig loses in the Arkcle chase upto £25

Coral- Even money on Sprinter Sacre (1-4 with most other bookmakers) in the Champion chase. Maximum bet £20. One for @JT

• Options
    Off that , now going Tuesday with Jimmy white
  • Options
    A fella that gave me green moon weeks before the Melbourne cup has been mentioning a horse called rattan. It's entered into 3 races at Cheltenham at the moment.
    He's given us a couple of other good priced winners over the last year or so, as well as a few duffers.
  • Options
    Weather forecast is poor. I hope Tuesday's not frozen off (& Monday).
    I missed out a couple of years ago, due to the hurricane :-(

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=5;ct=6074~Cheltenham;sess=
  • Options
    Grand Crus out
  • Options
    If Quito De La Roque lines up fit and well (admittedly a significant IF after his defection from the Bobbyjo) for the big one on Friday, seems to me that 50/1 NRNB is appealing as an e/w. Not uncommon for an overlooked one to be staying on up the hill to grab a place. If really on top form he could spring a surprise.
    Please note, NO MODEL at work here - just my highly suspect penchant for a long-shot.
  • Options
    The GC looks to be wide open this year Peanuts, especially given the unpredictable weather possibly in the offing for next week .. could be snow, sunshine, hurricanes or balmy breezes .. we need to find a horse for all potential courses ...
  • Options
    I'm very sweet on Sir Des Champs
  • Options
    JT said:

Has any horse ever won 3 different races at consecutive Festivals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been told that Hunt Ball will definitely win Byrne Group Plate on Thursday by a cabbie who allegedly picked up the owner the other day.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cabbies and there conversation starters lol. Saying that I actually fancy Hunt Ball in that race
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh well, Quito De La Roque bites the dust in terms of a possible GC shock - presumably still not 100%.
    Good luck JT.
  • Options

If Quito De La Roque lines up fit and well (admittedly a significant IF after his defection from the Bobbyjo) for the big one on Friday, seems to me that 50/1 NRNB is appealing as an e/w. Not uncommon for an overlooked one to be staying on up the hill to grab a place. If really on top form he could spring a surprise.
    Please note, NO MODEL at work here - just my highly suspect penchant for a long-shot.

Got Monbeg at 100-1ew, hoping for a bog come friday,
  • Options

JT said:

Good question. I did immediate think of Florida Pearl, what a great horse he was. I think he only won two being the Bumper and the RSA Chase. He had a good go at both the Gold Cup and the QM and I think got placed in both.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about the weather Covered End, sure it's going to be cold but the course has had frost covers on all weekend.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Riviera said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the weather Covered End, sure it's going to be cold but the course has had frost covers on all weekend.

Yeah, but like Charlton's they only work to -2C I think.

Anyway Tuesday's forecast for Cheltenham has improved. Bromley now has snow forecast all day.
    I'm more concerned about the trains now :-)
  • Options

Got Monbeg at 100-1ew, hoping for a bog come friday,

What the hell, I'll join you for old time's sake - he's still 66/1 and it's about time for another Norton's Coin ;o)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Riviera said:

JT said:

Good question. I did immediate think of Florida Pearl, what a great horse he was. I think he only won two being the Bumper and the RSA Chase. He had a good go at both the Gold Cup and the QM and I think got placed in both.
    Dead right. Terrific horse.
    One that probably would have done it had he stayed sound was Monsignor. Won the bumper in 1999, then went unbeaten for the next 6, beating Best Mate in the Tolworth in the process and culminating in setting the Cheltenham course record when winning the RSA Nov Hurdle in 2000. Sadly that would be his last race before an injury-enforced retirement when only 6. Would surely have been a serious contender for the RSA Chase in 01 and a rival to Best Mate during his reign.
  • Options
    Anyone playing Fantasy Cheltenham?

http://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/

Set up a league, just search for Charlton Life and the pin is 8035167 to join