Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival

Comments

• Options

Looking at my old form books Flyingbolt must have been really special.
    After winning the Champion Chase ,the next day he was only beaten 3 lengths in the Champion Hurdle.

Cheers for the info Starinnaddick. Fascinating stuff on the web if you google him. Rated only just below Arkle.
  • Options
    Need Arabella Boy to win on Thursday for a small return on my Lucky 15. Gonna do another one tonight
  • Options
    1:30 Godsmejudge at 7/1, get on it
  • Options

1:30 Godsmejudge at 7/1, get on it</blockqu

An actual tip, or just you fancying it?

• Options
    Bit of a mixed day after winning the first but then a faller, a hampered horse and a cancelled race.

Hoping for a bit more value for money tomorrow.

Top of the fantasy league tho! ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A tip
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Not really fancying too much tomorrow only like 2 or 3.

130 Back in Focus
    240 Unioniste
    400 Ericht

Done them all on their own and in a Patent asewll.

Done Sprinter Sacre for a score with Coral at even money.
  • Options
    Tried to ring a bet through on BetVictor but apparently he's been cleaned out by Nathan AGAIN so I'll have to use Coral.
  • Options
    1.30 Godsmejudge 7/1
    2.05 Pont Alexandre 6/4 (£40 riding!!)
    2.40 Unioniste 7/2
    3.20 SprinterSacre 3/10 (not worth a small bet so not bothering)
    4.00 Master of The Sea 14/1
    4.40 Bordoni 8/1
    5.15 Regal Encore 9/1

Gone a meagre £5 win on each apart from the 'banker' PontAlexandre with 6/4 having tempted me to wager £40 for a sizeable win. AP McCoy was gushing about PA this morning which is good enough for my cash!

• Options
    Quality day down there yesterday although only one winner in Quevega which came from absolutely nowhere to storm it . Was lucky enough to arrive there by helicopter and was in a very traditional box by the finishing line . All in all a fantastic day !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1.30 Emperor's Choice
    2.05 Rule The World
    2.40 Real Milan
    4.00 Master Of The Sea

Win on each and e/way accum
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to do a Lucky 15 using Clare Balding's tips on twitter. I think she had 4 winners yesterday.
  • Options
    Day2
    E/W Yankee

1.30 Tofino Bay
    2.05 Chatterbox
    2.40 Unioniste
    4.00 Abbey Lane
  • Options
    Oh dear Lincs, Tofino Bay is carrying my shilling in the first so, even with Nina on board, I'm afraid it's doomed.
  • Options
    Not many decent betting opportunities today but think Chatterbox in the 2.05 is vastly overpriced.
  • Options

Oh dear Lincs, Tofino Bay is carrying my shilling in the first so, even with Nina on board, I'm afraid it's doomed.

The Ryan Air man owns it .. watch it fly in !! .. hopefully to the right airport
  • Options

The Ryan Air man owns it .. watch it fly in !! .. hopefully to the right airport
    Will happily put up with O'Leary's smug little mush if he does so.
  • Options
    Uncle considering your selections are big outsiders I have done 3 of the 4 in a lucky 31
    Very odd
  • Options

He's (as you know) in the GN .. PaddyPower this a.m. have him at 50/1 for the GN. Be about 20 or 25s if he is placed/wins today I should think
  • Options
    1.30 Godsmejudge 7/1
    2.05 Taquin Du Seuil 13/2
    2.40 Goulanes 8/1
    4.00 Master Of The Sea 16/1
    4.40 South South West 33/1
    5.15 Pure Science 50/1

10p e/w lucky63 - Returns about £2.5m if all come in lol

3.20 Wishfull Thinking 28/1 e/w single
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1.30 Back In Focus
    2.05 Taquin Du Seuil
    2.40 Hadrians Approach
    3.20 Sprinter Sacre
    4.00 Pendra
    4.40 Saphir Du Rheu
  • Options
    edited March 2013

He's (as you know) in the GN .. PaddyPower this a.m. have him at 50/1 for the GN. Be about 20 or 25s if he is placed/wins today I should think
    He's 100/1 with a couple I think but don't be tempted....last novice to win was in 1958.

PS Dessie Hughes has said previously that he thinks this year is a year too soon but O'Leary might take the chance without another serious contender.
  • Options
    Fancy a few EW shots today

2.05 Two Rockers
    2.40 Goulanes
    4.00 Master Of The Sea
  • Options

He's 100/1 with a couple I think but don't be tempted....last novice to win was in 1958.

PS Dessie Hughes has said previously that he thinks this year is a year too soon but O'Leary might take the chance without another serious contender.
    mmmm .. AND the female jock AND he's a novice @10 years old .. I'll still be tempted if he comes good today over 4 on a stiffer track than Aintree, though 'easier' fences .. especially if (say) Russell gets on board .. we will see . let him do OK today first. Have a good one Peanuts
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cheers, you too Chief.
    Actually I didn't mean to suggest that being a novice is a red-line for the GN (only 7 y-os are) but no novice has finished within 30L of the GN winner since 1988. However, IF he were to do the biz today, barring the fact that it's his first season chasing, he would have decent GN stats and could run well; just likely to find at least one or two too good.
    As you say, first he has to win today....and I'm a bit worried that it might be just a bit quick for him...we'll see.
  • Options
    Can anyone with half an ounce of horse racing knowledge/insight give me an opinion as to whether Sprinter Sacre can be beaten today?

Just read that it's won all 7 of it's races by an aggregate of 95 lengths, never winning by less than 6.
  • Options
    NO. He will not be beaten. He is a beast and the best steeplechaser I'll see in my lifetime.
  • Options
    Lucky 15 each way

1.30 Tofino Bay
    2.05 Pont Alexandra
    3.20 Sizing Europe ( although Sprinter will win )
    4.00 Buck magic

Very tough today
  • Options
    e/w Yankee:

Godsmejudge
    Pont Alexandre
    Sprinter Sacre
    Hadrian's Approach

Fatcatinthehat @ 16/1 e/w
  • Options
    in search of e/w value today.
    1.30 drawn n drank