Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Murphy

124»

Comments

• Options
    Absolute wanker of a commentator, of course
  • Options
    can someone please shut him up, would rather listen to Townsend than this muppet
  • Options
    Rather not listen to either, that way I got the sound turned off
  • Options
    "I was thinking exactly the same thing" is his favourite line. Course you were Danny.
  • Options
    Talal said:

"I was thinking exactly the same thing" is his favourite line. Course you were Danny.

that and he seems to have seen every player play a few times
    it was the same during the Bradford game he kept saying I have seen him a few times this season,
  • Options
    Noticed he was quiet (again) when the main commentator mentioned us a few times re Coquelin.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Noticed he was quiet (again) when the main commentator mentioned us a few times re Coquelin.

Weird comment, what would you expect him to say?
  • Options

Talal said:

Weird comment, what would you expect him to say?
    Something about how we're a good club for bringing on young players perhaps. Most former players usually mention having played for a team when that team is being spoken about.
  • Options
    I don't mind him. Actually think he's pretty good.
  • Options
    I've found him to be surprisingly/annoyingly good. But he seems to be in denial about us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Danny Murphy: Former Liverpool and England midfielder became addicted to cocaine after retirement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68776358
  • Options
    I wonder how much Charlie he got for his watch?
  • Options
    I thought cocaine was like sherbert dip to a Scouser!
  • Options
    You can take the boy out of Liverpool........
  • Options
    "When you don't have football, problems become huge".
    I liked Murphy, he was part of a fantastic midfield we had, but quotes like the above are out of touch with the man in the street.
  • Options
    I liked Murphy, he was part of a fantastic midfield we had, but quotes like the above are out of touch with the man in the street.
    But when you have been coddled and adored, with a structure to your life for 15 to 20 years it must be hard to adjust. Especially if you lack the mental fortitude to cope with adverse upheaval.
  • Options
    Very sad story 
  • Options
    Not unreasonable to me. He's not talking financially, he's talking about the lack of structure and meaning in your life. The same issue that say squaddies have when they leave the services.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not unreasonable to me. He's not talking financially, he's talking about the lack of structure and meaning in your life. The same issue that say squaddies have when they leave the services.

Perhaps I should start a thread, 'How do retired people cope with not going to work and filling their time?'.
  • Options
    Not gonna say I feel sorry for him but a lot more respect for Murphy now than when he played for us, bit of maturity there now 

He won’t be the only one and there’s plenty of normal fellas bang on it every week but good for him that he’s recognised and sorted it if he sees it as an issue

Generally the more you earn the more potential it has to be a problem 
  • Options
    Does anybody actually believe he wasn’t addicted to cocaine before his retirement?
  • Options
    All joking and piss taking aside. I agree. You go from doing your job, which is millions of peoples passtime and love, in front of people willing you to achieve and do well, to celebrate the 30 yard screamers and the crossfield passes into feet. You go from doing that to, well not doing it and its a big hole to fill. Especially at a young age 

I dont think he was pleading for pity, its a valid thing. Same happened to Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe. Its then a bit easier for us muppets to not be seeking the excitement of day to day work but to be golfcourse bound and happily retired at a much higher age isn't necessarily comparable 
  • Options
    You make a good point .  I struggle with Murphy - I think we’d have been in an FA cup final if he’d have stayed and been interested at the end of that season.  Who knows, we might have attracted a better manager than Dowie off the back of that and our history might have been a bit different than a decade in league 1.