Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading sack Brian McDermott

Comments

• Options
    that has to be his job
  • Options
    Don't understand it just like the Adkins sacking. What do owners expect when they reach the PL?

Football really is shit nowadays
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins would be my tip.
  • Options
    Di Canio not a possibility?
  • Options
    Adkins is the likely candidate. Would be a perfect job for curbs though.
  • Options
    be great if Adkins got it, Reading survived and Southampton went down.
  • Options
    It has to be Dowie. He is after the record!!
  • Options
    Another bunch of muppets.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Clearly got somebody lined up.

Will it be enough at this late stage of the season?

Are they suggesting McDermott wasn't motivating the players potentially...

All about the short term with owners now.

Zola would be long gone if we weren't doing so well I suspect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Former Reading legend who's taken his team to a cup final this season anyone?

Bizarre decision or maybe not these days.

• Options
    Have to wonder what exactly the owners expectations were.

4 points off survival with 9 games to go is probably better than expected. Have they even spent 10m since promotion?

I expected them to be cut adrift by now.
  • Options
    Twats!!
  • Options
    You just despair don't you.
  • Options
    Worst thing about it is that it's not surprising in the least.
  • Options

Have to wonder what exactly the owners expectations were.

4 points off survival with 9 games to go is probably better than expected. Have they even spent 10m since promotion?

I expected them to be cut adrift by now.

Trouble is they do panic and well as the players themselves cannot be sacked its all down to the manager.
  • Options
    Memories are so short in football, in fact only loyalty is shorter in the "beautiful" game. Fans and the board should remember what he did for them last season.
  • Options
    Henners if they do that the lunatics are in the asylum proper

Adkins or curbs marriage made in heaven that Job I reckon
  • Options
    Unbelievably inept, shallow and cheap decision even by PL standards.

Add Reading to our fixture list for next season then as they nose-dive into the deep dark abyss of League 1 football.
  • Options
    I'll be very surprised if he doesn't start next season in a job somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can't believe the players weren't playing for him either after the amount of come from behind victories/draws they've had.

morons.

Curbs clearly intimated on Sunday Supplement that he only wants a Prem job, they could do worse and he has history in this kind of situation.
  • Options
    SCP now up to 22nd in the list of longest serving managers!
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Unbelievably inept, shallow and cheap decision even by PL standards.

Add Reading to our fixture list for next season then as they nose-dive into the deep dark abyss of League 1 football.

Agreed .. the 'new owners' may well come to regret this decision to sack a man who has built successful teams with little money and a LOT of nous. If McDermott had had the money given to (say) Redknapp, Reading would be in the top ten at least
  • Options
    Curbs wants to not be so fussy IMO before he goes so far off radar sky even forget where he is
  • Options
    Utterly ridiculous decision, but if Curbs isn't up for it, surely he never will be!?
  • Options

Former Reading legend who's taken his team to a cup final this season anyone?

Bizarre decision or maybe not these days.

Yep gotta be him
  • Options
    You can not help but hope that Directors and owners who blame managers when it is their own lack of support that causes these problems get what they deserve - relegation.

That said, some of our own supporters would cheerfully dump SCP if we were in danger of being relegated, even though he would be the best manager to bring us up again.

I wonder how many Wolves fans now wish they had not been so quick to dump Mick McCarthy because they were not in the top 2. I bet they would be happy to be up near a play off position now!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Sadly, I'm not surprised in the slightest, everything is so short term in the Premiership, why the owners always think the grass is greener on the other side is beyond me.

Roll the clock forward a couple ( maybe 5) seasons and if we were in the same scenario as Reading would our owners get trigger happy?

Personally think we should get Chris Powell on a longer contract as soon as possible.
  • Options

Curbs wants to not be so fussy IMO before he goes so far off radar sky even forget where he is

Curbs doesn't need Sky; he is a regular on PLTV & Al Jazeera Sports. I get to see him 2-3 times every week. He's already got himself a great gig.