Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading sack Brian McDermott

Comments

• Options
    Is it just me? I hope they get relegated now.
  • Options
  • Options
    Top bloke Brian McDermott. Has done a great job at Reading and deserved much much better than this. My local side and would no doubt be a fan if I wasn't already long wed to the mighty Addicks. Hope he gets something very good as his next job.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Makes you appreciate Richard Murray and his Board's strategy when we first won promotion to the Prem.
    And loyalty.

Richly rewarded.
  • Options
    Tv punditry if that's how he wishes to proceed in his life is fine

Want to be a manager of a prem club forget the tv and get back on the bus

• Options
    Curbs would be a mug to take the Reading job on, there going down I reckon regardless of who takes over.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Despite various possible sackings rumours of CP this season it has not happened and I think our board deserve some credit for not being trigger happy following the results after his appointment and some of the runs this season.
  • Options
    Indeed kap they have not been stupid and do deserve that respect
  • Options

Indeed kap they have not been stupid and do deserve that respect

Long may it last.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Despite various possible sackings rumours of CP this season it has not happened and I think our board deserve some credit for not being trigger happy following the results after his appointment and some of the runs this season.

Agreed, it's a bit boring, all the threads slagging off our owners for 'hypothetically' sacking CP.

Back on thread, another ridiculous sacking. It's after the transfer window, so (unlike Harry R at QPR) a new manager can't bring any new players in, so all the new manager can do is train/motivate the existing players better !?!

I better Harry R is pumping the air at the moment!

• Options
    It'll be interesting to see who gets the job - allegedly di Canio was at the Reading game at the weekend. Co-incidence or has he been tapped up to replace McDermott and reading pulled the trigger before their preferred candidate takes a job elsewhere?
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Agreed, it's a bit boring, all the threads slagging off our owners for 'hypothetically' sacking CP.

Back on thread, another ridiculous sacking. It's after the transfer window, so (unlike Harry R at QPR) a new manager can't bring any new players in, so all the new manager can do is train/motivate the existing players better !?!

I better Harry R is pumping the air at the moment!

Whilst wishing he was pumping his daughter in law.
  • Options
    Shame
  • Options

Di Canio not a possibility?

Well the taxi would be comparitively cheap I suppose.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I like his fancy biro.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

You don't know what might have happened if their hands weren't financially tied.
  • Options
    I suspect that as Reading isn't within walking distance from Curbs' home, he won't bother.
  • Options
    That's them down then. Ridiculous decision.
  • Options
    Nigel Adkins I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Di Canio was there at the weekend
  • Options
    I dont believe it!! what a bunch of twats i thoughhe was doing his best with the squad he had! U do bespair!!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    they reckon Di Canio is the answer now we know why he and the gang walked out on Swindon ..could be playing one another next year
  • Options
    Don't get why Di Canio seems so in demand - won League Two but had one of biggest budgets, and is a loose cannon.

Much better managers around in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah, I can really see Di Canio turning Reading around since he'l have to use the same players that McDermott used as the transfer window is now shut.

Not only that but Reading's players - with a new broom coming in - will now know that they probably will be moved on in the summer anyway so how hard will they be trying now?

Another dopey Russian twat in charge with more money than sense, I hope they go down and any Reading fans who booed McDermott or called for his sacking should hang their heads in shame.

It no co-incidence that Wigan have stayed up as long as they have, Whelan BACKS his managers and doesn't panic.
  • Options
    Great post, Ormy .

Di Canio as a manger spells just one thing to me..

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
  • Options
    Well I'd say he had it coming tbf. For most of the season the analysts have been pointing out that it's oh so easy to get down their flanks & they conceed so many goals this way. Yet he's done nothing to address this. The left back, Harte ( he's about 50 :-) & was playing in Div 3 for Carlisle a couple of years ago, is about as quick as Doherty & on Saturday he couldn't even stand up. He just fell over with no one near him.

Most weeks their defence gets ripped by the opposition & by the analysts, yet he's done nowt about it.
  • Options

Well I'd say he had it coming tbf. For most of the season the analysts have been pointing out that it's oh so easy to get down their flanks & they conceed so many goals this way. Yet he's done nothing to address this. The left back, Harte ( he's about 50 :-) & was playing in Div 3 for Carlisle a couple of years ago, is about as quick as Doherty & on Saturday he couldn't even stand up. He just fell over with no one near him.

Most weeks their defence gets ripped by the opposition & by the analysts, yet he's done nowt about it.

To be fair the Russian owner has hardly swamped him with funds, has he?