Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley Away

Looks like we're going to have to fight for points in every game between now and the end of the season , not been to Barnsley before , anyone else thinking of going?

Comments

• Options
    Yea, me and my son going up there, looking forward to it, can't be worse than yesterday can it?
  • Options
    me and nathan will be there
  • Options
    I'll be there. Biting my fingernails.
  • Options
    Been before, bloody cold and bleak.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Been before, bloody cold and bleak.

Great , just booked! :-0

• Options
    I am the head of the Barnsley Tourist Board ;)
  • Options
    The coldest I have ever been at a football game.
  • Options

The coldest I have ever been at a football game.

Gillingham

• Options
    Hudders last week weren't far off
  • Options
    cfgs said:

work cut out there then,and yeh hudders was fuckin freezin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there.
  • Options
    About 20 of us up for the weekend.
    To be fair I'd rather be anywhere but se London that weekend.
  • Options
    There'll be two of us, spring will have sprung and it'll be shirt sleeve weather hopefully :-0
  • Options
    Only ground I've ever worn long johns.
  • Options
    Bit of a long shot, but I won the auction for 2 people to attend and be entertained in the director box, and we chose Barnsley, we are thinking of bringing the wife / fiancée with us, problem is they don't fancy going to the game.

My question is can anyone recommend a spa hotel within taxi drive of Barnsley? So they can enjoy themselves whilst we get some bonus points and much earned peace?
  • Options
    @CharltonKerry - if you google Burntwood Court, Barnsley that might do you.
  • Options
    we'll be there
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks addick up north, will have a look, always better to have a recommendation then take a guess.

Thats unbelievable I have been looking for that hotel since we won the auction, we done a major project in Barnsley and my engineers kept going on about how great it was (they normally stay in premier inns so anything is luxurious) and I stayed there a few times and enjoyed myself. Don't matter what I typed in the search engine it didn't come up or I didn't recognise it, thanks very much addick up north, think we will be making a revisit. Do you know if its the hotel where they have the school balls?
  • Options

cfgs said:

work cut out there then,and yeh hudders was fuckin freezin.

Yeah hudds last week was so cold my 11 year old wore my gloves on her feet!! Anyway Barnsley is a decent away day, with a vocal loyal support. Not many glory hunters there and very few consider themselves to be massive :).

• Options
    Should be there with the usual NWKA gang.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep , me and my son will be there.
  • Options
    Has the club offered to subsidise the tickets and travel yet? Would be the sort of gesture to start winning back some lost goodwill. Should I be holding my breath?
  • Options

Has the club offered to subsidise the tickets and travel yet? Would be the sort of gesture to start winning back some lost goodwill. Should I be holding my breath?

Have you expired yet, BK ?

And breathe......

• Options
    I'm there with one or two others, only place in the Championship I've not done.
  • Options
    Last i time i went we lost 4-0
  • Options
    On the 9:55 up there, if you're quick, then at Sheffield you can get the 12:06 to Barnsley instead of waiting for the 12:18, although theres only 5mins interchange time at Sheffield for that one.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited March 2013
    Two of us going. Already have the train tickets.
  • Options
    changing at sheffield on the way back should be fun hopefully we see fat man tango crying that leeds have just beat them.
  • Options
    Yep - a few of us going. Staying in a nice little pub outside of Barnsley and sinking a few sherberts before and after.
  • Options
    I'll be there, bit of a nightmare coming home with the 2 changes in Wakefield.