Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley Away

Comments

• Options

im on the 9.55 but changing at chesterfield?

On your own, on your own, on your own!
  • Options
    Why don't you all get off at Chapletown, drink around there then train it to Barnsley? (about 10 mins)
  • Options
    Got two tickets for this yesterday that came today, can't wait!
  • Options
    im thinking of going sheffield now for beers before hand as barnsley looks pretty much non existent of any decent watering holes
  • Options
    Extracts from Football Ground Guide ' Dove Inn on Doncaster Road is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, is an outlet for the Old Mill Brewery. It is only a five minute walk away from the ground down Oakwell Lane and is happily frequented by both home and away fans. Further along Doncaster Road (on the right after the Primary School on the left) is the Barnsley East Dene Working Mens Club, which is happy to admit visiting supporters (including accompanied children) without entry charge. You can also leave your car there at a cost of £1.50. Drinking in the town centre is generally not recommended, especially near the Bus & Train Stations, although you can get a hassle free pint (or two) in the Joseph Bramah (Lloyds No.1) Wetherspoons in the centre provided you are not wearing colours'.
  • Options
    Dove Inn it is then!
  • Options

Why don't you all get off at Chapletown, drink around there then train it to Barnsley? (about 10 mins)

That's exactly what we're doing.

£4 return Chapletown to Barnsley.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    On the 0903 out and will head to Dove Inn and there will be about 10 of us. Does anyone know if they serve food in their? An alternative is the sports center (Metro Center) opposite the away end which has a bar and serves food. OS has said that 523 tickets had been sold by Wednesday eve.
  • Options
    Palace took 469 and Millwall 161
  • Options
    t'barnsley..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    X 2 on the 10.03 from Kings X and change at Donny
  • Options
    9:55 From St. Pancras
    17:40 home
    Will bump into thousands of unhappy Wall hopefully.
  • Options

9:55 From St. Pancras
    17:40 home
    Will bump into thousands of unhappy Wall hopefully.

17.40 from barnsley?
  • Options
    Bang up for this one !! Can't wait. Not seen us lose there so pretty happy hunting ground for me, hope the trend continues. Probably would have said we needed to win this but given their heroic display at Cardiff maybe a draw will do ?
  • Options
    where are people drinking then? we are thinking definitely sheffield but not sure where to go there either!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

X 2 on the 10.03 from Kings X and change at Donny

ditto, Swerve Jnr has been mad for this one...god knows why, I've tried to tell him ;-)
  • Options
    Mike said:

where are people drinking then? we are thinking definitely sheffield but not sure where to go there either!

It was your idea and not mine
  • Options

Because its a shithole
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Mike said:

I like this one & there are others close by. It's a 5/10 min walk from the station.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/41/4108/Globe/Sheffield
  • Options
    I'm sick of drinking in Sheffield, felt like we were there every other week last season. Never been to Barnsley before so I'll go and see what delights await us there I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mike said:

I like this one & there are others close by. It's a 5/10 min walk from the station.

Been to that one before Weds last season
  • Options

Mike said:

It's a horrible student bar that, if you're drinking in Sheffield there's a bar in the train station, brilliant little place
  • Options
    Over the road from The Globe, The Graduate is also a decent boozer and better than either The Globe or The Howard
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Get a taxi from the station to West St, plenty of bars around there, United are playing Swindon tomorrow so alot of the station pubs will be full of them, Unlike when you play us they are away.

Chapletown is your best bet it's easy access from Chapletown station and it's only 10 mins to Barnsley by it.

Royal Oak is decent.

https://plus.google.com/109206256642059774348/about?gl=uk&hl=en

P.S I'd advise not to drink in Barnsley, take it from me it's a very strange place and if you're not local you will be looked at as if you're an alien with two heads.
  • Options
    ads said:

Because its a shithole
    Are you thinking of Chapletown in Leeds?

• Options
    I've never had any trouble at Barnsley before.
  • Options
    globe before the game pig and the howard after for the scum match, sound alright?
  • Options
    Mike said:

globe before the game pig and the howard after for the scum match, sound alright?

If you like drinking in pubs with Pigs and students then you'll be fine lol
  • Options
    any better alternatives for sheffield?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    What ever happened to The Stonehouse pigster?

Used to go in there on the way back from the likes of Barnsley and it always used to be ful of Norvan crumpet just dying to meet a nice London lad.