Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley Away

Comments

• Options
    Yep me and my son will be going, hopefully it will be a bit more spring like
  • Options
    Be sure to have some Barnsley chops.
  • Options

I'll be there, bit of a nightmare coming home with the 2 changes in Wakefield.

go via sheffield was the same price when i looked and a quicker journey time?

• Options
    Yes three other sad souls with nothing better to do on a Saturday.
  • Options
    Tickets are unreserved seating I'm informed
  • Options

The coldest I have ever been at a football game.

Luton Town away, early 80's late December (20-22nd), snow and ice on the terraces, absolutely freezing....and we lost 3-0.
  • Options
    Im going.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Im going.

Nice one Cyril, nice one son! :-D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This could be a massive game for both clubs. For this reason i am going.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited March 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="NathanPrior">Tickets are unreserved seating I'm informed</blockquote>

Only on the Northern Rail piece I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Luton Town away, early 80's late December (20-22nd), snow and ice on the terraces, absolutely freezing....and we lost 3-0.
    Floodlights failed as well at one point, I think.
  • Options
    might go to this. the lads shall need the support.
  • Options
    any pubs anyone can reccomend 3 all booked and ready to go
  • Options

might go to this. the lads shall need the support.

Nice one!
  • Options
    4 of us heading up early doors, including 1 flying in from Madrid, only my second game of the season, can't wait.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Last i time i went we lost 4-0

Was up there too that day. They were on the verge of getting promotion to the prem and "played like Brazil", well according to their fans they did! Little did we know then that the season after would be our promotion season.

• Options
    edited March 2013

Was the Luton game the Friday night game? Remember going up on a Friday night and losing 0.3 there and it was bloody freezing on that open terrace.

• Options
    Am going to sort trains today. It's worth paying the extra to go via Sheffield isn't it? I don't think there's much around Doncaster station and Sheffield seems less messing about.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Was the Luton game the Friday night game? Remember going up on a Friday night and losing 0.3 there and it was bloody freezing on that open terrace.

Blimey , that brings back memories.
  • Options
    not exactly the first long journey ive made this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

any pubs anyone can reccomend 3 all booked and ready to go

My bird is from Barnsley and as a result I've spent far more time than I would have liked in this miserable dump of a town. Watched Charlton at Oakwell last time we played there about three years ago. Consequently I feel well qualified to answer this question.

Most of the pubs in the town centre fall into two categories - smelly old pits where the locals treat anyone with less than 6 fingers with a great deal of suspicion, or youngsters pubs such as Walkabout and Yates, where the locals treat anyone with less than 6 fingers with a great deal of suspicion.

There's an Irish pub called Durty O'Dwyers on Market Hill in the town centre that isn't too bad - I used to pop in there to watch Soccer Saturday when I was stranded up there at the weekend - gets quite busy on matchdays though. Other than that I struggle to think of anywhere to recommend to people from more civilised parts of the country.

Contrary to popular belief, northerners are not friendly to anyone who is not related to them, and the people of Barnsley are no exception. Even people from Huddersfield are looked upon as aliens from another planet.

The only upside that arises from the Barnsley folks' insular existence is that the women are still of the impression that everyone from London drives a Ferrari and lives in a penthouse apartment next to Buckingham Palace. If you're staying up there for the evening then you'll have no trouble finding female company.

BBC News Article on the hobbies and pastimes of teenagers in Barnsley: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/6523197.stm

Have a lovely time.
  • Options
    Had this booked for a while - few of the Rose lads going to celebrate a couple of birthday's and hopefully 3 points. Heard a rumour from a barnsley fan that the tickets could yet be reduced in price to £12.50 or even to £5 as a reciprocal deal (as we had them as a football for a fiver deal earlier in the season). Hopefully know some time this week.
  • Options
    davejrich said:

Had this booked for a while - few of the Rose lads going to celebrate a couple of birthday's and hopefully 3 points. Heard a rumour from a barnsley fan that the tickets could yet be reduced in price to £12.50 or even to £5 as a reciprocal deal (as we had them as a football for a fiver deal earlier in the season). Hopefully know some time this week.

Fair play to them if true.
    Will most likely make the trip myself in that case.

• Options
    Dont appear cheap tickets are in the offing. Traveling up with the rose boys. Seems like we should take a few.
  • Options
    @MrLargo - Brilliant, thanks for that. Think I'll make a weekend of it!! ;o)
  • Options
    I've been told to avoid The Mount pub
  • Options
    Your on pub duty mate
  • Options
    Mike said:

Your on pub duty mate

As always
  • Options
    I won't mention hull
  • Options
    Should try to get a good number up there as it looks like being a crucial game for both teams. Our players could do with the support!