Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

Comments

• Blinding, this cheers me up. Well done to him and to you for encouraging him.

• Get him in for Bolton...
  • Congratulations, it must be an amazing feeling.
    Can I respectfully ask that he doesn't sign for West Ham two weeks before his 16th birthday.
  • Great news - does he need an agent?

• someone has to make it, and as long he is playing with a smile on his face that suits me fine.

First off, congrats to you and Alfie. Secondly, this is a top attitude to have and in my opinion already puts him above others as talented at his age.

Just make sure he'll only leave for £30 million to barcelona at the minimum if he does make it :)

• Congratulations.

Probably the right decision in terms of footballing progression taking into account travelling & the effect that would have on enjoyment & in turn enthusiasm.

Charlton is definitely the better club.

Liam Brady (I think) is stepping down, so there could be a certain amount of change at Arsenal anyway.
  • Good luck Alfie.
  • Future Defoe?!? ;o)
    Seriously, congrats and good luck to Alfie!
  • Well done both. Hope it works out.
  • All the best mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant news TN!!!

Really hope to see Alfie running out for the first team in a few years.
  • Yes the odds are very poor, but he's already made it and he can now say he signed for Charlton, end of story. Superb news you must be so proud.
  • Well done Alfie, and Henry, I hope that pic answers your question, he's taller than Liam Brady already!
  • Out of curiousity (fair enough if you don't wish to say though), does a club like Arsenal offer you any incentive (financial, tickets etc) to sign for them instead? I accept we are skint so obviously couldn't.

Arsenal offered £160 per month for petrol plus excec lounge tix every now and then at the emerites.
    Believe it or not at Charlton Alfie gets 2 free tix for every home game which isn't bad!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments

if he is disciplined do they make him take more tickets?

• Well done Alfie...

About time we had an Alfred on the playing staff.
  • Great stuff. Congratulations and good luck.
  • Great luck!
  • Good luck Alfie. Hope one day we get to see you play for the first team.
  • Thats great news, best of luck to him
  • If, as that picture shows, he is already taller than Liam Brady then we are heading in the right direction.

My boy is playing in the Regional Schools finals at Shooters Hill this weekend. Means he and I miss the usual club game and we're top with 3 to go so better get it sorted back home (aimed at assistant coach who will never see this)

• Sponsored links:

• Nice one A, bloody dream come (almost) true that is.

Big question is though, can you still do him for pace?
  • We'll look back on this thread after his first appearance in 8 years time.
  • Well done Alfie and fam!
  • Does he get the ears from you or his mum?

;-)
  • Good luck TN and son

Question
    If Charlton release him at a later date and millwall were the only club to show an interest , what do you do ?
  • Good luck to him hopefully he can go on and do well .
  • Nice one, think you made the best choice. Lets hope he makes it and most importantly stays healthy and enjoys himself.
  • But how tall is he?
  • But how tall is he?

Taller than Solly..

• Al well done mate but feck me that pic took me back to samuel street 30 odd years ago

Good luck to you and little Al