Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    And what a lovely sandwich you make!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Shag said:

Yes mate I am . Good lad apart from being spurs ! You know him quite well dont ya

Are you guys at ICAP ?
    i am
  • Options
    What desk you on Dave
  • Options
    Shag said:

What desk you on Dave

i do the trade support all the FX (and more) i sit just by the spot guys.
  • Options
    Give boof a slap round the chops from me please mate
  • Options
    that'll go down well mate!

SLAP, thats from shag by the way.

ok dave, cheers mate!
  • Options
    Alright guys

I have been told by the academy I can no longer post anything else on here about Alfie or the academy due to the few who took a throw away comment to heart and carried it on and on so Nice one lads (You know who you are??)

If anyone sees me at a game (most of the time I have Alfie with me) I will always let you know of his progress.

It was good while it lasted.......Thanks for all the positive feedback

COYR
  • Options
    What a shame that is mate . Good luck to you both
  • Options
    Good luck to Alfie mate, absolutely ridiculous, some people need a Long hard look at themselves
  • Options
    There should be a fair bit of naval gazing going on with certain posters. As Terry said, they know who they are.

Message Boards/Forums at their worst.

Keep the cheap tickets coming Terry! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, some people .... best of luck to Alfie
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Al

welldone everyone involved
  • Options
    Shame to see these reports going as found them hugely insightful and it was a different spin hearing about the younger kids when clubs are unable to mention them.

Best of luck to Alfie though and hope to read about him again when he's in the First Team
  • Options
    there goes the best thread on CL. Well done warriors!
  • Options
    What were the club's concerns ?

A. That a parent of an U9 player had used a fans website to express some questions over his son playing out of position and stating that the (U9) keeper had been at fault for some conceded goals

B. Subsequently a few people said that at U9 level the pressure seems too much, it's not all about winning and that blame should not be an issue

Genuine question.

• Options
    Some of you lot are so busy hahaha, I doubt TN went up to the kid and started throwing hand gestures at him and screaming at him. It was a not comment, get over yourselves
  • Options
    PL54 said:

What were the club's concerns ?

A. That a parent of an U9 player had used a fans website to express some questions over his son playing out of position and stating that the (U9) keeper had been at fault for some conceded goals

B. Subsequently a few people said that at U9 level the pressure seems too much, it's not all about winning and that blame should not be an issue

Genuine question.

Drop it now, you've said your piece mate
  • Options
    this was my favorite thread really enjoyed reading alfies and the teams updates.cheers terry it was good while it lasted and good luck for alfies future
  • Options

Terry said the keeper was pony, so what , are we now in a world where no criticism is allowed

Thanks for the insight you gave us Terry
  • Options

this was my favorite thread really enjoyed reading alfies and the teams updates.cheers terry it was good while it lasted and good luck for alfies future

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have also read this thread with interest and would like to say well done Alfie and thanks Tel for your updates. Alfie is clearly a very good prospect and I know that the club were very pleased to retain a lot of the current u9's squad.

My son has been with Charlton since he was 7. Even at that age there was huge pressure on the boys. I remember being in the car park a few months after he had started there. His coach and one of the scouts were telling me that they were going to be having an assessment the following Friday and would be looking to release 6 boys. This was said in front of my son. The following Friday I had a phone call from the school asking if I could pick my son up early as he had stomach cramps. He didn't' make the assessment night, but was retained. To be fair, I had already been told that he was safe , but try telling that to a 7 year old!!

I have removed my son from the Academy this year and will probably keep him out next year as well. I removed him for two reasons. Firstly my shifts at work changed and I was struggling to get him there as often as they would like. Secondly, I didn't like a lot of the pressures being placed on my son.

For your son to be at an Academy is a great honour and privilege. It is also a great adventure and we have had some great times. It is, however, very much on their terms and as a parent you very much have to balance what is best for your son against the wishes of the club.

Clearly Tel has had a little taste of that with the 'request' from the club to stop the updates on this thread!!
  • Options
    Anyway you can find an accommodation with the academy as to what you might becalmed to post on here? Given the number of academy players in the first team I'm sure many fans would be interested in updates and parents views on the whole process.
  • Options

Just a cheeky update!

It's Academy day this Saturday Vs Blackburn so Alfie and his team mates will be doing a lap of honour at half-time!
    I will be one of the proudest dads in the world on Saturday.

Without to much detail....
    Also over recent weeks the boys have been motoring beating the likes of
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    West Ham oh and C.palarse ;-)

Just saying .......COYR

No Pint for you at half time then TN!!
  • Options
    Nice one Terry - hope he enjoys the day.
  • Options
    Nah not this week will have to have double before and after ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks TN.