Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

Comments

• Options
    Not been around on here for a while due to our arrival but here is the latest..

Went to Arsenal a few weeks back Alfie was looking forward to playing his old mates.

From the off it pi$$ed down so playing nice passing football went out the window!

We started off well going 1 up but in the end they were to strong with us going down 6-3
    The 2nd game again we started the stronger and with Alfie playing in his normal midfieled roll went in at HT 3-1 up but again again like the first game it went pete tong it also didn't help putting Alfie in at left back (strange tactic!)
    we went down 8-3 Arsenal were scoring goals from range 3 of them of them going in of the woodwork! It was a day the boys want to forget!

The next week we played Spurs at Sparrows lane again not the greatest of pitches as it had peed down all day Saturday and overnight!

We played some good football going 4 up but it started to collapse again as Spurs got it back to 4-4 but in the last minute we got the winner!

The 2nd game was the complete opposite going 4 down at half time but 2nd half scoring 6 goals to win 6-4!

At the moment I have a few issues as to where they are playing Alfie I understand they have to play the boys in all postions but just of late they are playing Alfie at left back and they can see he is uncomfortable but don't seem to move him about the like the other boys! The last time they played him in his normal postion vs Ipswich he scored 5 and assisted 3!!!

West Ham at home this Sunday so we will have to wait and see where they play Alfie?

COYR
  • Options
    Latest update on last week against West Ham.

We won the first game 4-3 at a struggle just like the Arsenal game we were 3-1 up at HT but managed to hold this time to pip them.

The 2nd game again played some nice football (Alfie being put in his normal postion at last!) going in at HT 2-2 but really should have scored 2/3 more! 2nd half it all went to pot our boys all thought they were Ronaldo trying to beat to many players and loosing it in midfield but the defenders were by far the worse!!

We got caught on the break a good few times and so lost the game 6-2!!

Lets hope on Sunday they fair better against Chelsea?

COYR
  • Options
    Got taught a football lesson last Sunday by a Chelsea team who passed us to death!
    The last few weeks have not been our best what with our passing game going out the window!
    Lossing 4-1 4-0

But for me and Alfie this Sunday's game away to C.P is the most importent game of the season so lets hope for a better display?

COYR
  • Options

Got taught a football lesson last Sunday by a Chelsea team who passed us to death!
    The last few weeks have not been our best what with our passing game going out the window!
    Lossing 4-1 4-0

But for me and Alfie this Sunday's game away to C.P is the most importent game of the season so lets hope for a better display?

COYR

Good Luck Alfie for Sunday.

Al, watch out for those naughty Palarse Ultra's and their flares, flags and giant foam hands!!
  • Options
    Don't worry were going prepared with our U5s in tow ;-)
  • Options
    They playing in Beckenham TN ?
    What time ?
  • Options
    Yes mate Coopers cope road
    11am
  • Options
    Its in my diary.
  • Options
    If you come along I can sort your tickets out for MTH?

Happy days!!
  • Options
    Terry, maybe they're playing Alfie at left back specifically because he's uncomfortable there, trying to turn him into the unbeatable all-rounder who will lead us to Champions League glory. Might stick a fiver on it now based on his goal stats so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hahaha

Spoken to a few people over this and they are saying take it as a compliment as they must think he can do a job there also he can read a game of football like reading a book!

As far as Champion league glory goes we can only dream!!

Lets hope they play him in midfield on Sunday against Palace and bang in a few more goals!

Cheers Fella

COYR
  • Options

Its in my diary.

Hello mate it's now a 10.45 KO if you can make it?

Cheers

• Options
    I was lucky enough to meet Chris Powell and have a chat with him about youth football. He said it is a policy he has brought to the club that the academy boys are played in a number of positions. They want to assess their 'football' brain and see how they adapt. He says it allows the boys to see the game from a different perspective. For example, a forward is used to getting the ball into feet or over the top whereas a defender sees the whole pitch and pattern of play ahead of them.
    I wouldn't worry, Terry. They put loads of emphasis on development of players rather than results so tee your lad to enjoy it and play his normal game.
  • Options

Its in my diary.

Hello mate it's now a 10.45 KO if you can make it?

Cheers

Should do, live 20 minute walk from there.
    Sunday, 10-45am k/o.
    Got it.
  • Options
    They will all live at number 1 coopers cope lane Al

Soon as its over they will do that vanishing act

8)

Good luck sunday
  • Options
    Cheers D

Good luck to Alfie and the rest of the boys lets put the eagles to the sword

COYR
  • Options
    Paul you need tix to get in this shithole I have them on me I've sent you a message with my number if your coming cheers
  • Options
    Cheers.
    Just getting me CAFC shirt, scarf, badge & flag ready.
  • Options

I was lucky enough to meet Chris Powell and have a chat with him about youth football. He said it is a policy he has brought to the club that the academy boys are played in a number of positions. They want to assess their 'football' brain and see how they adapt. He says it allows the boys to see the game from a different perspective. For example, a forward is used to getting the ball into feet or over the top whereas a defender sees the whole pitch and pattern of play ahead of them.
    I wouldn't worry, Terry. They put loads of emphasis on development of players rather than results so tee your lad to enjoy it and play his normal game.

This has been common practice at the Ajax academy for many years.

• Options
    Alfie's team won first game 4-2, and drew the second 7-7 (I think).
    The first game was alot better than I expected, some skillful young kids at CAFC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As P said it was a pretty eventful 2 games!

At long last they played Alfie in midfield on the right and straight away he felt at home but not before going 2-0 down but then we got our arses in gear and equalised before HT. We then upped our game with Alfie scoring 2 good goals and ending up winning
    4-3.

The 2nd game we started like we were wearing concrete boots and went 5-1 down!! They then bought Alfie on and put him in the centre of midfield (where I have been craving for him to play) and guess what within 10mins we were 6-5 up with Alfie scoring 4 goals!!!! It then went to 6-6 but in the last minute Alfie banged in his 5th goal of the game to make it 7-6 but again we relapsed at the back and conceded a last second equaliser to end 7-7

At long last though everyone could see the old Alfie with 7 goals and his all round complete performance!!! Very proud of him and the whole team today especially coming back from 5-1 down!!

Well played Alfie and its always nice to get one over the scum even if it is only the U9s lol COYR
  • Options
    Al that's some performance mate

My lot only drew 4 all today and missed a last min pen to the team top of the league but we have 2 in hand and are only 4 behind so your draw mustve felt a cracking result where as I am still pissed off as we were 4-2 up with 20 to go
  • Options

As P said it was a pretty eventful 2 games!

At long last they played Alfie in midfield on the right and straight away he felt at home but not before going 2-0 down but then we got our arses in gear and equalised before HT. We then upped our game with Alfie scoring 2 good goals and ending up winning
    4-3.

The 2nd game we started like we were wearing concrete boots and went 5-1 down!! They then bought Alfie on and put him in the centre of midfield (where I have been craving for him to play) and guess what within 10mins we were 6-5 up with Alfie scoring 4 goals!!!! It then went to 6-6 but in the last minute Alfie banged in his 5th goal of the game to make it 7-6 but again we relapsed at the back and conceded a last second equaliser to end 7-7

At long last though everyone could see the old Alfie with 7 goals and his all round complete performance!!! Very proud of him and the whole team today especially coming back from 5-1 down!!

Well played Alfie and its always nice to get one over the scum even if it is only the U9s lol COYR

Seems like our U9s are a one man (boy) team!
  • Options
    No far from it mate!

He just had one of those days and if you read the last few reports they have been playing pretty bad!

Also they played Alfie in his normal postion for the first time in ages so he had a bit to proove!

We have some very good boys at Charlton the future is bright the future is red and white ;-)
  • Options
    I'm just happy you all got out safely. Well done to the boys, the atmposphere must have been red hot.

They did well to dodge all of the flares and fireworks thrown by the Ultra's.

COYR!
  • Options
    Another few hard games last weekend Vs Fulham with mixed emotions!

The first game we started off like a rocket and went into a 4-1 lead at HT and with 5 minutes to go we were 10-1 up with Alfie scoring 2 goals one of them being a cheeky back heel also assisting 3 others!
    Then our goalkeeper had a bit of a mare letting 3 late goals to make the final score 10-4

The 2nd game the keeper started where he left off and gave fulham the game by HT we were 4 down and by the end we had got beat 5-2 out of the 5 goals 4 were 100% down to the keeper so in theory we won 2-1 lol!

Lets hope this week the keeper works extra hard in keeper training??

Next week we are away to Watford COYR
  • Options
    bit OTT on the keeper mate, sure there will be many games where he will win the games, confidence is fragile at that age and a couple mistakes especially as a keeper will hurt.
  • Options
    Was it Hamer in goal?
  • Options
    how long are the matches cos there always seems to be shed loads of goals , do they only concentrate on the attacking aspect of the game
  • Options
    a little to serious for my liking on this , there is enough pressure on the kids as it is . as I am sure your boy reads what you post. and if I was the dad of the keeper id be very upset.
    the keeper is only as good as the players in front of him.
    I know you are proud of your boy for playing for Charlton but its just to much if you ask me . let him and the other enjoy the game.