Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

Comments

• Options

Why are so many people being offended for someone else? Stop being so precious.

Crack on TN I enjoy the updates mate

Yep proud dad updating on his boy's progress with charlton. Some proper weirdos on this thread.
  • Options
    Jesus, this is the thread I go to to get away from the sniping on some of the other threads. When Alfie's leading us to Champions League glory he'll have a list of the names of people who derailed his thread. And you're not getting mentioned in the victory speech.
  • Options

Jesus, this is the thread I go to to get away from the sniping on some of the other threads. When Alfie's leading us to Champions League glory he'll have a list of the names of people who derailed his thread. And you're not getting mentioned in the victory speech.

Could it please be noted that I made the mighty alf's first ever song when it comes to the whole victory speech thing?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

At an entirely different level, I coached at U9 s (from U8 to U11) and no you do not blame players on results. This is mini-soccer leagues (in Surrey (FA))

I don't doubt it is very different when you play in an academy but none the less you don't argue with the coaches about where your boy plays, if he is subbed off or attribute blame to individuals. They are 8 and 9 year old boys.

I thought this was a discussion around U9s football, parental etiquette and the idea of 'blame' being attributed to individual players for mistakes. If not then I am sorry for being quite so dense.
  • Options

What a bunch of goons, please ignore the idiots TN and carry on posting about your lads and our U9s team, some of us really do enjoy all the updates and info

THIS.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    There should be absolutely no pressure at U9 level and certainly no digging out a player - it should be about improving technique and winning games is so totally meaningless - although kids losing every week can damage their enthusiasm so that needs to be watched- be it the keeper or any other player - criticism should never happen.

The coaches should coach and the parents should only encourage.

The problem is, there are a few people (me included) who are a bit passionate about this, and it is hard not to comment, as we attribute it to being one of the major failings in our game. Nothing wrong with TN updating us and his boy seems like a hot prospect and he has every right to be proud. The relative performances of other players is imaterial though.

My son plays U13s football for School, Sunday Side and with Univeristy of Herts Football development centre - where we decided to move him when he was at the Spurs acadmy a few years ago (He is a keeper as it happens) and over the weekend in a school match, their opponent's keeper made an error that cost a goal. He got encouragement from his team mates and I thought that was terrific and a credit to the boys and coach.
  • Options
    Muttley

I totaly agree with you I only pointed out the keeper had a stonker I also said if you read my posts I said us the parents give the goalie every encoragement even more so then the coach I also said that the boys at the end of the day leave the pitch as best mates. No one is hounding the boy or drumming him out? We know he is only 9!!

In the future when I give an update I'll try not to upset anyone on CL!!

The thing with me is I tell how I see it (thats maybe my downfall?)
  • Options
    lets be honest football is pressure the kids know it themselves, as a coach you have to try your best to take that pressure away, but a kid knows when he has missed a sitter and thrown one in,

If TN was screaming on the touchline and applying an atmosphere that doesn't help then fair enough, but i bet that kids dad if in the bar with TN would've said the same," my boy had a mare today "

i had a kid who was playing for me with bags of potential but sometimes turned up like he couldn't be arsed, his dad always told him that he played superbly even if he had a shocker, i used to ask him why he told him that and was not honest with him to help improve his game, he said he didn't know how and didn't have that relationship with his son, in the end the kid got over taken by other boys and was sub, something that was alien to him, as he got older he got braver and asked us the coaching staff why, as his dad had told him he was the best in the team, we told him and explained to him his good points but told him his weak, within 2 months, he was back in our first team, and in the county team and a leagues 11, he then got taken by Stevenage

all this too much pressure is true but you need a balance life aint fair football certainly aint but its not all about just taking part

• Options
    Can I also point out at Charlton us the parents have to complete a on-line didgi log on how your son has performed for that weeks game and the boy has also got to put down what he done right or wrong so there is the word PRESSURE again and that is direct from the club!

Once a month we get like a statement report on how your boy done from his coach. Just like an exam it goes from A-E and lucky enough Alfie has only got A-C'S! A's being hard to get so the 3 he has got is very good I'm very proud of him!

So I fully understand what everyone has said about only being 8-9 years old and they should be enjoying their football but as you can see at the back of there heads every game they will be thinking they are getting marked for every game so the pressure is deffo on!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    My son gets a status report on Norwich City notepaper (The development centre is affiliated to them). It is well worded with what he is doing well and what he can improve on and I attend consultations with coaches. I won't lie- this does apply some pressure. I'm not sure I agree with it for 8 year olds though, even if my team does do it, but I am not a fan of academies really. You only have to look at the percentages that make it. The pressure can build slowly, but U13s onwards and definitely no younger.

A problem with keepers is that it is the most technical position and an 8 year old will have lots of things to work on. At that age, it can be more effective to put a bigger boy in goal - if winning games is important -and lots of coaches do this because winning is more important to them than developing a lad. But the club may have seen something and he has lots of time to develop, It may be done in all innocence but blaming him, saying he wouldn't get into our reserves, that could transmit itself into your lad's attitude and then to the keeper, albeit unintentionally. I know that is not your intention, but that is why I think you got a reaction.

My son has played as many games on full sized pitches this season as on the correct sized youth pitches - my faith in some of our grass roots is as low as it can be and when the FA say they are getting there, it makes me laugh.

Having said all that, sounds like your boy has a real talent, be open minded about what is best for him and all the best for him. P.S. Playing kids in different positions is great for improving their game - it might cost a win, but what does that matter.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said mutely .
  • Options
    Keep them coming terry and good luck
    Alfie
  • Options

Love how many of the posters on here dig out Hamer, Pritch, Church for fun, yet this Alfie lad is hailed as a hero. Bizarre

i think it's your post that is bizarre MLS, it is a thread from a proud father about his young son being in the acadamy.
    I was proud of the cookies my son made the other day, I didn't make a thread about it.

probably because a)he didnt make them for charlton and b)unlike terry who was being asked about his sons progress no one give a shit
    Haha I don't even have a son, just looking to do a spot of afternoon fishing. Caught a massive, cock-head of a carp.
    What a bellend! Have a day off you muppet
  • Options
    Oi Terry!

What are you dressed up as today?
  • Options
    My lot have got a circus theme today.
  • Options
    You one of Spencer's boys too Plaaayer?
  • Options
    I just dealt with Shane Ritchie
  • Options
    we have a festival theme and i'm already drinking at my desk (and so was terry 15 mins ago)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

You one of Spencer's boys too Plaaayer?

No mate. We're external consultants.

I know Spencer though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good stuff TN.
    Shag said:

As in - shallow grave in Epping Forest?
    Was he giving you some cheeky cockerneeeee lip?
  • Options
    Shag said:

You should have heard Julie Walters trying to do a spot trade this afternoon ''do I shout 'mine' now?''

• Options
    Thats how I deal ... Apparently she was a right good laugh ! I dont think a lot of celebs make it to the spot desk , they get ushered away ...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Good stuff TN.

Shag said:

As in - shallow grave in Epping Forest?
    Was he giving you some cheeky cockerneeeee lip?
    Alfie moon , he was a good laugh as it goes
  • Options
    Shag are you mate of SM on the spot desk?
  • Options
    Yes mate I am . Good lad apart from being spurs ! You know him quite well dont ya
  • Options
    How are the kids getting on TN ?
  • Options
    It seems some of the ridiculous comments made on here to Terry have kept him away. That is a shame as a lot of us enjoyed hearing about Alfie and his team. Please come back Terry and ignore the idiots.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Yes mate I am . Good lad apart from being spurs ! You know him quite well dont ya

Are you guys at ICAP ?
  • Options
    I'm not mate but Terry is . I just deal with em