Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

Comments

• Options
    chump as well is that all you got
  • Options

Love how many of the posters on here dig out Hamer, Pritch, Church for fun, yet this Alfie lad is hailed as a hero. Bizarre

i think it's your post that is bizarre MLS, it is a thread from a proud father about his young son being in the acadamy.
    I was proud of the cookies my son made the other day, I didn't make a thread about it.

• Options
    but you could've

bit jealous I reckon
  • Options

Love how many of the posters on here dig out Hamer, Pritch, Church for fun, yet this Alfie lad is hailed as a hero. Bizarre

i think it's your post that is bizarre MLS, it is a thread from a proud father about his young son being in the acadamy.
    I was proud of the cookies my son made the other day, I didn't make a thread about it.

probably because a)he didnt make them for charlton and b)unlike terry who was being asked about his sons progress no one give a shit
  • Options

probably because a)he didnt make them for charlton and b)unlike terry who was being asked about his sons progress no one give a shit
    Haha I don't even have a son, just looking to do a spot of afternoon fishing. Caught a massive, cock-head of a carp.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well done you now wipe yourself clean and move on

• Options
    Can we not just go back to how well our under 9's are doing?

COYR
  • Options

well done you now wipe yourself clean and move on

Deal.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    you must live a shit life if you think my reply was anything more than passing comment on a message board enjoy your "fishing"
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

my point carly.
    have you ever been to an academy game.

No. And nor would I wish to really. There's a time and a place for putting pressure on young sportsmen and women.
    But doing it when they are still learning the game and should be enjoying themselves is not that time in my book.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked this thread, now im bored of it - unless Terry comes back with updates and everyone else shuts up.
  • Options

I liked this thread, now im bored of it - unless Terry comes back with updates and everyone else shuts up.

This this and this

All I want to know is how alfie is doing and how the youth system works ay cafc
  • Options

THIS

This this and this

All I want to know is how alfie is doing and how the youth system works ay cafc
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Fcuk me fellas Jeeeeeez

I made one comment about our keeper having a mare and I'm public enemy No1?!?!

I tell it how I see it now if you don't like it I'm sorry about that!

From now on I won't bother!

• Options
    That all went a bit weird.

You crack on Terry - majority enjoy the updates, those who don't care don't have to read.
  • Options
    Thing is terry the keeper is 8 years old
  • Options
    Saying 'he had a mare' is a throwaway comment - get over it.
  • Options
    Please carry on TN. Ignore the trolls. I am interested to see how Alfie and the other lads are doing for our club.
  • Options
    Please don't stop updating on your sons progress. I love this thread and not sure how it's ended up like this.

Very odd.

Proud dad who, it seems as I don't know him personally, is CAFC through and through that is commenting on how his son, and the rest of the U9's, are doing. He makes a remark on a keeper who sounded like he had a shocker and he gets shot at! I happen to fare that the pressure on these kids is too much however that is hardly TN's fault and I doubt a comment on an Internet forum has had much effect on that.

As for the comment about 80% of the comments being from him, well the whole bloody thread is almost solely based on his son, what do you expect! I can't tell if that comment was tongue in cheek or is the poster was on a wind up, but for gods sake get a grip.

• Options
    I give up

Itsmyball you have made your point I must bow to your greater knowledge on academy football and how I should report a game in the future!

What I will do is send you a draft before I post it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers fellas for your positive posts.

If I knew the thread would turn into a car crash I wouldn't have started it!

Anyway like I said about 12 posts ago before the few who carried on the witch hunt lets look forward to Watford away on Sunday!!

• Options
    Not at all mate . I am proud for you and your boy and all the best to you both ,
    But my point I was trying to make was it's just all taken to serious at that age .
    Not pointed at you but as a whole .
    Keep updating .
  • Options
    Al

Don't give the thread up pal, I want to hear how You and Alfie find things and how Alfie is progressing

• Options
    Anyway carry on with thread as normal please, i always enjoy it!

be as constructive or obstructive as you wish :P
  • Options
    At an entirely different level, I coached at U9 s (from U8 to U11) and no you do not blame players on results. This is mini-soccer leagues (in Surrey (FA))

I don't doubt it is very different when you play in an academy but none the less you don't argue with the coaches about where your boy plays, if he is subbed off or attribute blame to individuals. They are 8 and 9 year old boys.
  • Options
    Oh Alfie naylor,
    You are the love of my life,
    Oh Alfie naylor
    Your dad has caused some strife
    Oh Alfie naylor,
    I wanna hear updates toooooooooo......
  • Options
    PL54 If that is aimed at me I didn't ague with the coach I asked why Alfie wasn't being moved about like the other players in his team?? It's called being curious!

If it wasn't Soz!

Right anyone else want a dig before i go to bed?? ;-)

• Options

PL54 If that is aimed at me I didn't ague with the coach I asked why Alfie wasn't being moved about like the other players in his team?? It's called being curious!

If it wasn't Soz!

Right anyone else want a dig before i go to bed?? ;-)

Yeah! Where are the cheap Monty Python tickets? ;-)
  • Options
    Why are so many people being offended for someone else? Stop being so precious.

Crack on TN I enjoy the updates mate
  • Options
    What a bunch of goons, please ignore the idiots TN and carry on posting about your lads and our U9s team, some of us really do enjoy all the updates and info
    My nephew is at a Palace pre academy (U8) but has also been approached by Brighton and it's interesting to hear the different ways that the boys are taught
    In my opinion the lads need to learn how to lose as much as win and by being non competitive I can't see how this would be of any use, can someone tell me why they think its not good for development to compete to win?