Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boy done good - CAFC U9 Academy

Comments

• Options
    We were on pitch 4 which is located next to the U21 pitch with the hordings around it.
  • Options
    What a cracking game yesterday at Spurs.

Should have been traverling down to Brighton but was told on Thursday that Brighton only had 1 squad so Charlton decided to send down 5 trialists along with 5 acadamy boys and sent the other acadamy boys to play Spurs

We turned up and was told we were playing the very best tottenham could throw at us and believe me it was the hardest game Alfie had ever played in and im sure the other Charlton boys would agree?

We went 1 and 2-1 down before we got our act together and started passing the ball more and with a sweet move we were level 2-2 you could see the boys confidence grow but with only 3mins remaining we all thought it was too late but with practically the last kick of the game a sweet one two between Alfie and Harvey produced the winner to make 3-2 To Charlton!!

Best game I've seen our boys play and to be fair the Spurs coaches said after we were a class act and for most of the Spurs boys playing that had been there first defeat!

While we were at Spurs the other Charlton squad were getting beat 8-5 at Brighton!

Bring on Ipswich away next week

COYR
  • Options
    were you at the new training ground mate or middleton house
  • Options
    New training ground mate 4th time there!

It's a different world compared to Sparrows lane but then if we had a spare £60m we could have one like theirs lol!!!!!
  • Options
    its alright in there mate aint it, unreal in fact that's what all clubs should have, I hate them because that my Joes ground before the fuckas nicked it
  • Options
    Great days football today for the U9s up at Ipswich.

The first game was a tight one Charlton winning 4-3 Alfie scoring 2 goals.

The second game Ipswich were on hand for a beating as the boys had warmed up! Final score 8-3 Alfie banging in another 2 goals!!

A nice break next week then QPR at Sparrows lane the week after!

Well played Alfie and boys!

COYR
  • Options
    Just can't stop scoring is he playing further forward now
  • Options
    Played him in his normal postion yesterday so got forward more from midfield.

The last few weeks they have been playing him at the back!!

Fingers crossed he will stay put now but they do like playing them all in all postions!
  • Options
    Reckon he will end up playing my brother at some age group, currently plays for sidcup u10's played ebbsfleet yesterday and Welling in the league, Dartford x 2 and a palace team but unsure whether they are linked to the namesake

Ronnie Bevan, remember the name as i have no doubt they will play. My bro plays CM/Attacking midfield he stands out in all his matches and has trained a couple of times with Millwall but thankfully he doesn't want to play for them :) Palace have approached my dad too

kutgw, sounds like a cracking player
  • Options
    So is your brother playing up a year?

Has he trained with Palace? As one of Alfies best mates plays for the U9s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So is your brother playing up a year?

Has he trained with Palace? As one of Alfies best mates plays for the U9s.

He is 10, so right age group U10's as he has just turned.

He hasn't trained with Palars, but they asked him to at one of the tourneys his team go to. Millwall asked a few times so he went along but doesn't enjoy it and doesn't like millwall, fwiw he is a Arsenal fan but still likes Charlton because of moi

I reckon their paths will cross and i will keep an eye on Alfie, i only go every so often to see my brother but ill update you :)
  • Options
    Your brother plays a year up from Alfie but you never know mate??

Keep me updated if he signs for an acadamy I'll also keep my ears open for his name.

COYR
  • Options
    Terry - Alfie sounds like a very good young player. How closely do CAFC monitor the progress of lads so young? Do the coaches work for/report to the Academy chief so they can assess which players may come through the system to U16s, U18s and so on? At what age would he get seen regularly by Hart/Avory?
  • Options
    Hart and Avory pop up every now and then to watch the U9s and the U10s who pratice on the next pitch. We had a meeting with Hart and Avory before the season started at the valley where they spoke about how they rely on on the academy and went on to tell the boys about Harriott Cousins and all players from the pass who have made the first team!

They are assest after every training session and after every match we have to write down on Alfie's didgi log how we think he done then the coach will write down what Alfie needs to work on etc!

On Sunday Vs Ipswich there were about 3/4 boys in every age group that played up a year for experience.

The academy as a whole have some very good boys and talking to someone at Arsenal last week he rated Charlton as one of three academy's that are up there in the south of England!!!!
  • Options

Hart and Avory pop up every now and then to watch the U9s and the U10s who pratice on the next pitch. We had a meeting with Hart and Avory before the season started at the valley where they spoke about how they rely on on the academy and went on to tell the boys about Harriott Cousins and all players from the pass who have made the first team!

They are assest after every training session and after every match we have to write down on Alfie's didgi log how we think he done then the coach will write down what Alfie needs to work on etc!

On Sunday Vs Ipswich there were about 3/4 boys in every age group that played up a year for experience.

The academy as a whole have some very good boys and talking to someone at Arsenal last week he rated Charlton as one of three academy's that are up there in the south of England!!!!

Seems very well connected mate. All power to them and to young Alfie. It will be great to follow his progress.
  • Options
    I would just like to wish Alfie a happy 9th birthday today.

Hopfully they can round the weekend off by beating QPR on Sunday?

COYR
  • Options
    mate i just got off the blower to SCP he is picking him to start tomoz that should help
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully he can stick it up the R's!!

Good Luck and Happy Birthday Alfie!!!!
  • Options
    This continues to be the best thread on cl
  • Options
    NLA lol

Cheers guys

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good day today!!

In the first game we beat QPR 6-2 with Alfie banging in 4 goals (one going round the keeper and scoring with his left foot!!!!!!)

The second game winning 4-1(Alfie in defence!)

So roll on next week when we have Brentford at home.

And to top it off me and the kids had our photo done with David Beckham!!!

COYR
  • Options
    So proud. Well done Alfie - keep it up!
  • Options
    did you snog becks Al
  • Options
    I bet you frightened the life out of him Al
  • Options
    oit beckham come ere and give me a picture
  • Options
    can you imagine the man hug Al put on him, good job becks Is retired he would've been out injured for months
  • Options
    Now mate dont také this off topic or we will be told off.
  • Options
    oops sorry we can take it to the al crushed beckham thread
  • Options

oops sorry we can take it to the al crushed beckham thread

Crushed Golden Balls !!

Would love to see that pic !