Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This craziest of craziest of Leagues we're in season 2012/13

After the Bolton game I reckon it's more likely we will stay up than not. We're 14 and 5 points clear of the drop zone and 2 points away from 10th. 9 points separate 22nd from 8th as of the evening after the Bolton game. Bristol City at the moment look like they are dead and buried but knowing how this league is 2 wins for them and a survival will still look a possibility. I would not put it past them to do that. Any fan of a club in our league down from 10th need to fasten their safety belt.

Comments

• Options
    This league is so tight and even, it's really hard to predict who will go down. You can even argue that Middlesbrough in 9th aren't completely safe, as they are on a shocking run, 4 defeats on the spin, and a run of games coming up that they could easily lose.
    H vs in form Peterborough
    A to Hull
    H to Brighton
    H to Forest
    A to Bolton
    H to us
    A to Wednesday

And yet they are still in 9th place, with an outside shot at the playoffs!
  • Options

This league is so tight and even, it's really hard to predict who will go down. You can even argue that Middlesbrough in 9th aren't completely safe, as they are on a shocking run, 4 defeats on the spin, and a run of games coming up that they could easily lose.

H vs in form Peterborough
    A to Hull
    H to Brighton
    H to Forest
    A to Bolton
    H to us
    A to Wednesday

And yet they are still in 9th place, with an outside shot at the playoffs!

I was thinking that
  • Options
    Could make one of the most exciting last days in quite some time.
  • Options
    Expect some clubs down low to hit some bad form. Does look like we need another win, and a draw though. Shouldn't be too big an ask from 7 games!
  • Options
    As long as we don't lose to Wolves, Bristol City & Barnsley then I think we'll be safe.
  • Options
    1 more win and safe thing is we will win 6 and go up
  • Options
    2 wins to make sure......
  • Options

1 more win and safe thing is we will win 6 and go up

Win 9 and go up...
  • Options
    Incredibly tight as all have said. As Killer said above though you feel that Middlesbrough have almost given up as they were comfortably in the play offs with a shot at automatic at the turn of the year. If they continue to drop like a stone they'll probably still have enough points to keep clear of the bottom. And Leeds have basically given up. They're not going to make the play offs, Warnock has announced he's going and the players are on the beach. We have them both to play and I fancy us to win both.

The way things are going I really don't like the look of Huddersfield, Blackpool and Bristol City. The first two have not really been involved in the group at the bottom yet this season yet they're both sliding in there at the worst possible time.
  • Options
    Blackburn will be in the bottom three next weekend, mark my words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It will be Bristol City, Barnsley and whoever loses form at the wrong time. Won't be us though. League one looking all so tight at the top too. Impossible to predict who will be in what division next year.
  • Options

It will be Bristol City, Barnsley and whoever loses form at the wrong time. Won't be us though. League one looking all so tight at the top too. Impossible to predict who will be in what division next year.

Glad it wasn't that tight last season at the top. Well 2nd place was tight though.
  • Options
    I would say that Middlesbrough are safe. For them to drop they need to lose every single game and for one of the bottom 3 to win 4 of their last 7 games. Plus loads of other sides to pick up wins here and there to go above them to. Can't see it happening.

Every side from Birmingham down is still in danger, and i think 54 points will see us safe.

Clubs like Boro and Leeds would certainly be bang in trouble were it not for their good early season form.

Blackburn look doomed! 0 wins in 9 league and cup games since they beat Arsenal, scored only 4 goals in that time too.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blackburn have that poor run that they need to break out of. We can pick points up here and there as we have done all season. 4 points would not be too challenging for us.

We've had a few weeks were the bottom teams have won, but I suspect the gap wont be narrower on Tuesday night - these things do even themselves out and the total is rarely as high as it looks like it might need to be.
  • Options
    I put money on Blackburn going down yesterday. Having caretaker managers in charge usually only ends up in relegation
  • Options

I put money on Blackburn going down yesterday. Having caretaker managers in charge usually only ends up in relegation

remember one of their supporters being interviewed outside the valley this season on fl show saying now they had sacked steve kean their crowds would go up and they would shoot up the leauge.he may not have been the best manager around ,but always thought he was up against it and showed great dignity througout.wouldnt be too upset to see them take the plunge.
  • Options
    Blackburn were in the premier league when they sacked Allardyce, in the championship play off places when they sacked Kean, mid table when they sacked Berg, and hovering above relegation when they sacked Appleton. Proof if ever any was needed that constantly sacking the manager isn't the answer.
  • Options

Blackburn were in the premier league when they sacked Allardyce, in the championship play off places when they sacked Kean, mid table when they sacked Berg, and hovering above relegation when they sacked Appleton. Proof if ever any was needed that constantly sacking the manager isn't the answer.

Just goes to show some clubs some clubs are never happy.every club wants to progress but some think they have a divine right to be higher than they are.some of the so caiied bigger clubs are like this we know who they are.but you have to earn the right to be there not live of former glories.
  • Options

Expect some clubs down low to hit some bad form. Does look like we need another win, and a draw though. Shouldn't be too big an ask from 7 games!

Difficult to predict, but even 55 points might not be enough for safety, 2 more wins and we will definately be OK.
  • Options
    Sheffield united will come good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love the unpredictability of this division though it is hard on the nerves. The prem is so predictable nowadays .. three for relegation? .. Bristol City, Barnsley and Huddersfield .. three for promotion? .. 2 yorkies down and two up in Sheffield United and Doncaster along with Swindon or possibly Brentford
  • Options

I love the unpredictability of this division though it is hard on the nerves. The prem is so predictable nowadays .. three for relegation? .. Bristol City, Barnsley and Huddersfield .. three for promotion? .. 2 yorkies down and two up in Sheffield United and Doncaster along with Swindon or possibly Brentford

Agree with this, hardly bother with the Premier League - the title is guaranteed to a Champions League participant and the relegation fight is usually a first or second season promoted team and Wigan. The football in the Championship may be inferior but its a great competition - is there a better league for this anywhere else in the football world?
  • Options
    Would be interesting if the relegated prem clubs last season, blackburn and wolves, both go down again. wonder what the odds on that was at the start of the season?
  • Options
    Maybee Brentford ;) and Doncaster to come up, Sheff Utd to bottle it for a 7th time in the play offs to a stubborn Yeovil side.

Brizzle, Blackburn and Huddersfield to drop into L1.

Next season Wednesday to win the title.
  • Options
    Any open-top bus parades planned for the end of the season if you stay up, OP?
  • Options

Any open-top bus parades planned for the end of the season if you stay up, OP?

Don't be silly Callum, why would anyone do anything so stupid like that?
  • Options
    Just recently I’ve been tracking how the clubs in the bottom half of the league would end up if they continued to accumulate points in their remaining games at the same rate as they had done in the preceding ten games. I don’t for one minute believe this gives accurate predictions for individual clubs because form is changing all the time. However, I do think it gives a reasonably good estimate of how many points will be needed to escape relegation. I did it after our game at Huddersfield and have just done it again. After Huddersfield it suggested that 53 points would be needed to avoid the drop (if you didn’t want to rely on goal difference). With the teams in the bottom half continuing to gather points at a surprising rate it has now gone up to 55. For what it’s worth the current bottom 12 clubs would end up as follows:

Ipswich 61 pts
    Sheff Wed 60
    Barnsley 59
    Charlton 58
    Millwall 58
    Peterboro 58
    Burnley 56
    Blackburn 55
    Huddersfield 55
    Blackpool 54
    Wolves 53
    Bristol C 47
  • Options
    This should make it easier for you to see whos playing who
  • Options
    The beauty of so many teams also in the coming weeks is that they all ahve to play each other...we need 54 points IMO