Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The £5 pint

Comments

• clb74 said:
    Anyone drink in the red lion Bromley North?
    Someone said earlier over £7 a pint for fosters.
    I do. Categorically not true.
  • clb74 said:
    Nicholas said:
    £7.20 for that Greenwich meantime rubbish in a plastic cup from the new fanzone bit in the west stand car park. 
    You people with lots of money will pay it.
    It wasn't my round so didn't mind :smiley:

• £4.70 in here, always enjoyed a pint of this before I discovered an IPA.  The boozer is great so I'll be back again as only 5 minutes walk for a few weeks.
    Wanna pay the lord nelson a visit. One of only two left on the OKR.
  • Sunday in Greenwich:

Gypsy Moth - 2 pints Estrella - £14.50
    Oyster Catcher - A pint of something and one Battersea Brewery lager and a packet of crisps - £14.20
    Walked straight past the Trafalgar as was mobbed. 
    The Cutty Sark - two pints of a particular lager but cant remember what we had by this stage... - £13.80
    The Enderby - a pint of lager and a medium size glass of Rose - £15.95.  The wine bumped up the cost.

It's certainly not cheap if you want to drink somewhere nice. 

• Curb_It said:
    Sunday in Greenwich:

Oyster Catcher - A pint of something and one Battersea Brewery lager and a packet of crisps - £14.20
    The Cutty Sark - two pints of a particular lager but cant remember what we had by this stage... - £13.80
    The Enderby - a pint of lager and a medium size glass of Rose - £15.95.  The wine bumped up the cost.

or in Greenwich
  • Earl of Chatham- Woolwich
    Monday to Thursday 11am - 18.00
    Fosters, Carlsberg, Strongbow & John Smiths all £2.45 A PINT

Not sure how much longer these prices will continue.
  • Curb_It said:
    Sunday in Greenwich:

Tavern let the side down there with that cheeky Rose at the end :-) 
  • I read this thread out of morbid curiosity.
    Depending where I drink two pints - one always a Guinness - min £5.60 - max £8.40. Preston area but to be fair pretty much everywhere in NW. There are more expensive pints and places even here. A favourite is Hop Shoppe in St Annes. Even there plenty under a fiver.
    If you’re up this way well worth a go and a short stumble to Keg’n’Cask over the road, Fifteens and the Pier Inn all nearby. 
    Closest I ever get to Blackpool unless CAFC there or work send me on jankers. 

• £4.70 in here, always enjoyed a pint of this before I discovered an IPA.  The boozer is great so I'll be back again as only 5 minutes walk for a few weeks.
    Errrmmm, this is The Lord Nelson.
  • Sponsored links:

• This with a Gin n Tonic was a manageable £12 over in Bromley North earlier today.
    The pint went down very well as well.

• In the South Spoons and was happy parting with £9.07 for this.  The Punk IPA is always nice.

• In the South Spoons and was happy parting with £9.07 for this.  The Punk IPA is always nice.
    It's a shame to see you in Spoons, I was starting to like you.

Errrmmm, this is The Lord Nelson.
    Should have said, one of two pubs left on OKR. Other being the Windsor.
  • Curb_It said:
    Sunday in Greenwich:

Quite often the wine does bump the price up always ask for house white but in London just ask for the cheapest as the house isn't always the cheapest or isn't available.
  • Please dont take this the wrong way.... but I do know my way round a pub wine list!

Plus the Enderby is a Youngs and no Youngs wine is cheap. It was a sunny day and called for a nice one. 

It's a shame to see you in Spoons, I was starting to like you.

Your loss :)
  • Curb_It said:
    Please dont take this the wrong way.... but I do know my way round a pub wine list!

Plus the Enderby is a Youngs and no Youngs wine is cheap. It was a sunny day and called for a nice one. 
    Sorry mate just re read my post I wasn't trying to sound arrogant though it may have come over like that. No offence intended and sorry if it was.
  • About 30p for a half in Hanoi. 
    Brewed fresh everyday with no preservatives, need a few when it’s 35c everyday. 

Haha did you survive? That stuff used to give me a hangover for atleast a week!
  • Sponsored links:

• Good pint of realy good local brewed real ale here in Chesterfield is around £3.40 to £3.60 a pint.

• This with a Gin n Tonic was a manageable £12 over in Bromley North earlier today.
    @ElfsborgAddick you must try harder mate. Taking a picture of a boozer and then managing to get the 'Palace Road" sign in. I don't know! lol :wink:

Enjoy Blighty whilst you are there mate. :smile:
  • Palace Road , Bromley ..quelle surprise 

How is the ‘handbag’ these days? Not been for a while. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromley_Palace
    I live on the Palace estate and my back garden adjoins the Palace Gardens & "Palace".
    The Folly (photo in link) is 40 meters from my front door.
    I live on the Palace estate and my back garden adjoins the Palace Gardens & "Palace".
    The Folly (photo in link) is 40 meters from my front door.
    What? There's a palace in Bromley?! Well I never. Didn't know that. 

Explains a lot…

• In spanner area now, this place is always safe at their hovel.
    £5.70 for this is acceptable, still not cheap mind.

???? 
    Got a few snide Vuttons from Brazil I can do you a deal on though.

???? 
    Got a few snide Vuttons from Brazil I can do you a deal on though.
    I understand it was a gay bar some time back and the locals referred to it as the Crown & Handbag.