Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The £5 pint

Comments

• Chizz said:
    At Lord's last week 

"A pint of bitter and a pint of lager please!" 

"Certainly.  That will be £16.75" 
    Mixing your drinks Chizz?
  • 3/3 of a pint at the Rebellion Brewery this afternoon, £5.17. 
  • edited July 31
    Hmmmmm, long live the Wetherspoons.
    Don't get me started.

You carry on paying £8 upwards mate :)
    I do not want to sound snobby.................................... but if that means I avoid the crowd of gluttons downing their carling and bitter ending sentences by saying "end of" and "simple", all whilst their feral offspring run around the pub like its the O.K corral then I probably will.
    Lyle, you are being a snob :D

The Bromley South spoons does not have this type of clientele.
  • Hmmmmm, long live the Wetherspoons.
    Don't get me started.

I do not want to sound snobby.................................... but if that means I avoid the crowd of gluttons downing their carling and bitter ending sentences by saying "end of" and "simple", all whilst their feral offspring run around the pub like its the O.K corral then I probably will.
    Like a Charlton concourse during half time then?
  • For central London, I still can't find better than 4 quid for a pint of very well-kept Tribute in the Olde King's Head, Borough.  And they take cash (which might not be a coincidence).

Certainly beats making the mistake of offering to pick up the tab on Monday night in a posh bar in St James.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Don't get me started.

@Radostanradical has a directors box and helicopters in to avoid riff raff on public transport.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Don't get me started.

@Radostanradical has a directors box and helicopters in to avoid riff raff on public transport.
    Nah pal not since i left to join Nottingham Forest
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Don't get me started.

i take exception to the implication that the staff at the valley manage to pour more than 7 pints a game.
  • £17.80 for a pint of Thatcher's and an Amstel at The Oval. This was the first round of the day and included (a compulsory) £1 charity donation per pint to secure your plastic cup for the day 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Only £6 at Beckenham cricket today.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Don't get me started.

I avoid the crowd of gluttons downing their carling and bitter ending sentences by saying "end of" and "simple", 
    Wetherspoons are great, end of! It's that simple. 
    My blood boiled for a second :)

• £7.20 a Neck Oil at the Inn On The Lake Gastropub come Hotel in Godoalming this week where I had the misfortune of staying overnight because of work.

£5 a 750ml bottle still water too.

• Anyone drink in the red lion Bromley North?
    Someone said earlier over £7 a pint for fosters.
  • clb74 said:
    Anyone drink in the red lion Bromley North?
    Last time I was in there was a Friday night about a year ago - maybe more - and it was all quiet and peaceful and then 7 or 8 coppers marched in, looked around, all went out the back, then came back again and left. I asked the landlord what it was all about and he had no idea as they hadn't bothered to tell him what they were doing there. All very strange.

Nice pub though, generally.
  • clb74 said:
    Do they pay you £14 if you drink 2 pints, or is it just the one?
  • clb74 said:
    I dread to think how much a pint is in The Partridge, that's a nice boozer but expensive, a bit like The Railway.
  • Was in Copenhagen last weekend. A pint of Carlsberg and a bottle of Carlsberg  was £20 😪
  • Sponsored links:

• Was in Copenhagen last weekend. A pint of Carlsberg and a bottle of Carlsberg  was £20 😪
    You should have popped over to Malmö, would have been a bit cheaper there.

• £4.70 in here, always enjoyed a pint of this before I discovered an IPA.  The boozer is great so I'll be back again as only 5 minutes walk for a few weeks.
  • £7.20 for that Greenwich meantime rubbish in a plastic cup from the new fanzone bit in the west stand car park. 
  • Nicholas said:
    £7.20 for that Greenwich meantime rubbish in a plastic cup from the new fanzone bit in the west stand car park. 
    You people with lots of money will pay it.

• £4.70 in here, always enjoyed a pint of this before I discovered an IPA.  The boozer is great so I'll be back again as only 5 minutes walk for a few weeks.
    Tell me your not back over here?
  • Went to Copenhagen a couple of weeks ago. These two beers were £19...FFS
  • Don't mind Spoons - some are good and others pretty rough. 

Greene King pubs aren't too bad.
  • Off_it said:
    Don't mind Spoons - some are good and others pretty rough. 

Apart from the fact they sell Greene King beers. Which are shit.
    Agree with both these comments. Have found their pubs with accommodation are very good for away games, notably the Dog and Partridge in Tutbury, for Burton. 
  • edited August 26
    Don't mind Spoons - some are good and others pretty rough. 

I paid £33.50 for 4 beers in the Battle of Trafalgar after Orient home game. Was a really nice sunny day so felt okay.

Paid £5.50 for two beers in Greenwich spoons this Saturday. Was a normal crowd for a Saturday night and never queued at the bar