Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £5 pint

Comments

• Options
    In the George Staples Tuesday.
    Pint of Landlord £2.50
  • Options
    Went Amsterdam at the weekend. Pretty much 10 euro a pint everywhere you went, so it’s not just London.
    Here in Boston the cheapest craft beer is going to be about £8.50 for a pint. I’m drinking now, and it’s a good beer from a local brewery. Most others are going to set you back £13-14, so London always seems cheap when I go drinking. 

If it’s any reference point, a bottle of Coors Light would be £3.95 (plus tip of course)
  • Options
    Paid £10.50 for a pint of Salt DIPA in Deptford last night...my choice of course, but not something I'll be doing very often...
    Trouble is prices aren't clearly marked in most pubs and I hate asking how much a certain beer costs. Did you know the price before it was poured?
    Not all bar staff even tell you how much the drink costs either, some just take your money and leave you dreading how little change you're going to get until you've calculated the price.

On a separate note it can't be too far off until it's £5 for a pint of pepsi/coke
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    WHAddick said:
    Over 10 years since this thread started. Wonder when we will see the first ten pound pint?
    It's arrived, at least at pro rata price
    Can of Guinness in the O2 Islington Academy £7.75 - that's a regular 440ml can so near enough 3/4 of a pint - makes it £10 per pint
    Thieving wankers
    That's more than 5 times what we can get it for in supermarkets so at least 10 times what they're getting it in for
    Outrageous, a £200 night out potentially.
    What, only 25 cans a night?
    I should have said including the ticket B)
  • Options
    In Wolfe and Castle Rochester High Street a couple of weeks ago, they had a 9% stout at £6 half, £8.80 schooner. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    If it was a pint I don't see why not.
    I was looking at price, a pint and the consequences are wow.
    Anyway, Mrs Elfs wanted a G n T in my old local in Sweden 12 months ago, £13 said she did not have another one.
    Little legs.
    You need to get down the Oak in Bromley when you're next over.
    Two double gin and tonics £25
  • Options
    And the breweries wonder why so many people are now drinking at home! I’m old school and only ever drunk at the pub, rarely at home. Slowly but surely I’m turning into a home drinker. Will always go to the pub ( while there is still a local one to go to!) but my pub visits are getting fewer and fewer as the time ticks by. All down to the crazy price of a pint. 
  • Options
    To be honest i expect to pay around £6-7 a pint now but mainly go to them in the City after work.

I probably wouldnt feel to agrieved unless it was over £15 and i probably wouldnt go to a pub that serves pints under 4.50
  • Options
    edited March 22
    clb74 said:
    iaitch said:
    Anyway, Mrs Elfs wanted a G n T in my old local in Sweden 12 months ago, £13 said she did not have another one.
    Little legs.
    Bloody hell, that's outrageous.

The South spoons you'd probably get change of £10 mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    iaitch said:
    Little legs.
    Bloody hell, that's outrageous.

The South spoons you'd probably get change of £10 mate.
    £13.60 mate
  • Options
    I was in the Travelodge at Gatwick recently and was going to go to the bar there to kill some time until I saw 330ml bottles of Bud etc were £6.50 (works out to be £11.19 a pint if I've done my maths correctly.  Even the 'Spoons inside the airport only charge about £6 for a full pint.  I stayed in my room and drank the coffee instead.
  • Options
    addix said:
    I was in the Travelodge at Gatwick recently and was going to go to the bar there to kill some time until I saw 330ml bottles of Bud etc were £6.50 (works out to be £11.19 a pint if I've done my maths correctly.  Even the 'Spoons inside the airport only charge about £6 for a full pint.  I stayed in my room and drank the coffee instead.
    At a rave I was at last night cans of Madri were £6.75!
  • Options
    Just woke up after being down the club.
    Round for 6 of us £21
  • Options
    £9.50 for a pint of Camden Hells at the O2, about £17 for a large glass of Hardys wine!
  • Options
    £25 for 4 pints at Wembley Stadium tonight, the £5 pint is long gone.
  • Options
    It's a funny one as we know we probably don't need to dent our pockets for such short lived satisfaction, but do, anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry MIA.
    This needs to be dismissed.
    As AFKA said there's places locally where you're paying them prices.
    If I'm paying £7 a pint in London I wouldn't think that's too bad.

• Options
    Im in Dubai just after easter for a bit of work/pleasure and know i will be paying around 10-12£. Tbh i dont mind you pay the prices for the places you want to be.
  • Options
    edited March 24
    Trouble is I can remember paying under £2 a pint, (probably moaned about the prices then as well) probably should change the title heading to ‘The £30 pint’ and see who is still around for it in years to come.

I guess it’s all relative what with inflation and house prices, I don’t go out to pubs very often any more, as its a bit of a rip off, id sooner buy stuff from the supermarket / online and have it in my own home, and save the dosh to help my kids, each month save, part of the reason I’ve reduced my away games, as a it’s been absolute garbage, and it’s expensive.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Sorry MIA.

Although technically he is correct in addressing the subject of the thread. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    clb74 said:
    Sorry MIA.

I'm going to object to this post.
    This thread was started over 10 years ago.
    It's my honest belief that inflation should be taken into account.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    mendonca said:
    clb74 said:
    Sorry MIA.

I'm going to object to this post.
    This thread was started over 10 years ago.
    It's my honest belief that inflation should be taken into account.
    Ha wow...have just that this thread was initiated 11 years ago! 

A pint at Wembley is still cheaper than the Valley by 25p.

Most beer prices have caught up with the price of Neck Oil. It's almost as if that was a social experiments to address and understand the market!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It's a funny one as we know we probably don't need to dent our pockets for such short lived satisfaction, but do, anyway.
    Sounds like being a Charlton fan in a nutshell!
  • Options
    over £8 a pint in the hoppers hut in sidcup - used to pay about about 80p in the castle in eltham in the mid to late eighties when first started out - that's 1000% inflation in 40 years
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    over £8 a pint in the hoppers hut in sidcup - used to pay about about 80p in the castle in eltham in the mid to late eighties when first started out - that's 1000% inflation in 40 years
    Presume that's a "special" pint, else going against the mantra of a micropub!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Presume that's a "special" pint, else going against the mantra of a micropub!
    Not sure, my brother told me - I go up the road where it’s half the price !!! Courage best £4, Landlords £4.50, Young’s special £4.50 and neck oil £5.30 - a range of lagers and whitstable bay in bottles - don’t feel the need to go and sit in a tiny converted shop and drink at twice the price but each to their own