Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £5 pint

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I dont get everyone complaining abput prices, the price is the price. If you dont want to pay then dont.

Or if you do just earn more money ? Its not hard, its, like, no one wants to work anymore.

I dont get everyone complaining abput prices, the price is the price. If you dont want to pay then dont.

Or if you do just earn more money ? Its not hard, its, like, no one wants to work anymore.
    It don't quite work like that though, does it?

You walk into a pub, you look at what pumps are at the bar, make a choice and order.
    Does anyone ever check the bar tariff when they walk in before making their choice?
    If you're in a round, and someone wants a beer that costs £1-2 more than your own, are you going to refuse to buy it?
    (Having said that, I can think of two people I know from school that would make a fuss about it lol)

And as for restaurants, you might get the prices on the wine menu but thats about it.

It is what it is.
    It was only about 3 or 4 years ago where I ordered a pint of something and the bar man said its £7 a pint, is that OK?

Even our local cricket club which is not for profit is nearly £5 a pint.
  • Options
    Had half an Inch’s cider with lunch today, £1.70. Very reasonable. Wife had a bottle of Coke Zero, £2.50. Ouch.
  • Options

Troll comment or genuine comment?
    All those that know me will know its tounge in cheek firmly.

Also its a kim kardashian quote.
    You wouldn't want to get your tongue between her cheeks.
  • Options
    Dogs are allowed in far more places in Italy than here. There is a qualification that the dog must be well behaved, which seems sensible. I think a lot of businesses are missing a trick in this country.
  • Options
    Perhaps we should comment on places where the beer is under a fiver a pint while such places still exist!

Last night I was in the Old Kings Head in Borough. Happy Hour 5-7pm £4 a pint for real ales and £4.90 after that. Excellent prices for the location, and feels like a proper pub (I don't think the owners have spent anything in improvements and betterments in the past 20 years!).
  • Options
    Dogs are allowed in far more places in Italy than here. There is a qualification that the dog must be well behaved, which seems sensible. I think a lot of businesses are missing a trick in this country.
    How do they know it is well behaved before allowing it in ?
  • Options
    Perhaps we should comment on places where the beer is under a fiver a pint while such places still exist!

Last night I was in the Old Kings Head in Borough. Happy Hour 5-7pm £4 a pint for real ales and £4.90 after that. Excellent prices for the location, and feels like a proper pub (I don't think the owners have spent anything in improvements and betterments in the past 20 years!).
    Can we also have definitions for phrases such as "proper pub"? According to your description it sounds like "shit hole".
  • Options

Love the Old Kings Head. 

Always interesting when the owner is far more shitfaced than you, and you're 6 pints in. He had a black eye when I was there too, apparently from a bouncer next door. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    never good to play cricket when drunk
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Love the Old Kings Head. 

Always interesting when the owner is far more shitfaced than you, and you're 6 pints in. He had a black eye when I was there too, apparently from a bouncer next door. 
    Is that Greg, the Kiwi? Haven't seen him the last couple of times I've been in there.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Love the Old Kings Head. 

Is that Greg, the Kiwi? Haven't seen him the last couple of times I've been in there.
    That's the one!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How do they know it is well behaved before allowing it in ?
    I suppose they rely on the owners who are responsible for any consequences if the dog isn't. Which most good dog owners won't have a problem with.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Can we also have definitions for phrases such as "proper pub"? According to your description it sounds like "shit hole".
    Went here this evening. Can confirm it’s a proper pub…classic look without a downtrodden feel. Nice lively atmosphere with no overly aggressive patrons, friendly bar staff, reasonable prices, big sports screens that somehow remain unobtrusive . 

Somehow it’s only pub in the area I’d not been in but think it’ll become a regular. Thanks for the tip 👌
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Went here this evening. Can confirm it’s a proper pub…classic look without a downtrodden feel. Nice lively atmosphere with no overly aggressive patrons, friendly bar staff, reasonable prices, big sports screens that somehow remain unobtrusive . 

Somehow it’s only pub in the area I’d not been in but think it’ll become a regular. Thanks for the tip 👌

Must be touching £7 a pint there mate.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Best give it a miss when Millwall are at home though
  • Options
    Pint and a half of lager £5.20 down here, when we went out as a fourball. 
    2 and half pints and red wine £12.40.

• Options
    Had half a bitter (can't recall which...maybe London Pride) for £2.80 which for Marylebone is pretty reasonable....but thought £2.55 for a bag of dry roasted was a tad extortionate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd happily pay £10 to have a pint in a quiet pub.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I'd happily pay £10 to have a pint in a quiet pub.
    £15 if they make part of the pub garden smoke free
  • Options
    Heard from a friend who was drinking at the Marylebone Sports Bar. £7.20 a pint. 3 pints ordered. That'll be £24.75 please. After questioning the maths, they was pointed to a sign saying the bar runs a "dynamic pricing" menu which means they charge £8.25 at busy times...
    I'd show them "dynamic" if they tried that with me!
  • Options
    Heard from a friend who was drinking at the Marylebone Sports Bar. £7.20 a pint. 3 pints ordered. That'll be £24.75 please. After questioning the maths, they was pointed to a sign saying the bar runs a "dynamic pricing" menu which means they charge £8.25 at busy times...
    I'd have told them I'm only paying the £7.20
  • Options
    So what they mean is they charge £8.25 a pint but incentivise quieter times by only charging £7.20, if they had any half decent PR/marketing skills
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    So what they mean is they charge £8.25 a pint but incentivise quieter times by only charging £7.20, if they had any half decent PR/marketing skills
    Oh piss off Katrien, I suppose they have to order it the day before too
  • Options
    I would have given them a tip
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    I would have given them a tip
    2.30 Kempton Park
  • Options
    The Crofts, outskirts of Cardiff, just paid £3.30 for a pint of Coors. Been drinking Guinness up until now at £4.10 a pint. Great little pub