Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Wright-Phillips

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Would of been nice to say a possible good bye against Bristol.

Last year we had some great moments and he seemed always involved in of them. Didn't he have top assists as well?

Chesterfield away
    Brentford away
    Sheff Utd away
    Carlise away

To name a few. Was often the difference in a positive sense as well. Worked hard and never complained whether he was on the bench this season or last season. When he came on he always had the right attitude.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I always buy into this 'misses loads of chances' speil.

He had a knack of being in the right place at the right time, which you just cant teach, and so he allowed himself more criticism.
  • Options
    I was made up that it was him who scored to get us up

Only solly or waggy wouldve pleased me more
    He was shown full respect by scp by letting him out on loan as he did not deserve to be 3rd choice
  • Options
    I like BWP, but unfortunately for him sentiment has no place in football.

He has served his purpose and is now surplus to requirements.

I hope he looks back on his time with us with fondness .
  • Options
    I have a feeling he will end up at Millwall.
  • Options

I have a feeling he will end up at Millwall.

That would hurt. Think Haynes is going to end up there too
  • Options
    Haynes hopefully wont be so stupid after being racially abused there.
  • Options
    Think he can cut it at Championship level - maybe time will tell.
  • Options

Think he can cut it at Championship level - maybe time will tell.

How much time does he need? He's played 5 seasons in the Championship and has never been prolific.
  • Options
    At millwall in lge 1 8)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never thought he was lazy he's just a instinct striker that wasn't at his best when he had time to think about the finish definetly one of my more fonder players but I hope he goes and does well in Lg 1
  • Options
    Decent player, but not good enough for where we're hoping to head (i.e. upwards). Will always keep an eye out for how he gets on though and best of luck to him wherever he ends up
  • Options
    I think he should have a career change and do the weather forecast on TV. I mean he's better than Sian Lloyd.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I believe he has Championship goals in him - whether we will get them out of him is another matter. Frustrating, but I'd offer him another year. He scored against Leicester and that disallowed goal against Palace may have tipped his confidence to the wrong side. Seems to have been getting it back, albet in League one. But when he was at his instinctive best at the start of last season, I saw a natural finisher who could finsih at the higher level.
  • Options
    If your confidence goes as the result of having a goal disallowed in the 5th game of the season then you don't stand much of a chance in the Championship
  • Options
    He has a good chance in the playoffs (assuming that his loan period is still on-going) to make a name for himself and to earn a nice contract somewhere
  • Options

I think he should have a career change and do the weather forecast on TV. I mean he's better than Sian Lloyd.

You are always guaranteed 20 per season with Sian Lloyd that's for sure..

• Options

If your confidence goes as the result of having a goal disallowed in the 5th game of the season then you don't stand much of a chance in the Championship

If you take it in isolation like that. Maybe look at it more that he might have got a bit of a longer run with a couple of games behind him and might have got something from them. It's all ifs and buts, but it's all fairly tight margins at that level.

• Options

I agree with those that view BWP as a good third tier striker but not really good enough to push us on in this division. However, Yann took a while to find his feet in this division and had BWP had the same amount of time, perhaps BWP could have also established himself as a Championship striker. It should also be taken into account that BWP (when he played in the Championship) played in front of a midfield that was not operating at the level that it did later in the season.

A permanent move could suit both player and club.

Thanks BWP.
  • Options
    SCP is a good judge of a player,without a doubt,so the fact that he has loaned BWP out and hasn't started him for ages,shows he doesn't feature him in future squads.Sentimentally,he was a key player last season (faded in the second-half though)and it would be great to see him given another chance but football is a ruthless business,especially at the end of a season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013

He's a L1 player. He has too many periods of struggle and barren patches and he wastes too many chances. Put him in a decent team in L1 and he'll miss half his one-on-ones but he'll stick a couple away. At Championship level you can't afford that luxury. He does go through phases where his confidence is up and he takes a higher number of chances but they are all too brief. I like him a lot and I'll never buy into that 'lazy' claim that's often aimed at him. He tries his heart out for us, he's just a little too wasteful in front of goal for a team like us who can lurch between play-off and relegation form based on chances taken

Top level strikers score a third of one on ones so if BWP gets half then we should keep him! :p

(I learnt many such statistics when I was working on Football Manager)

Do agree that his time with us has likely come to an end though, will be interesting who we have starting with Yann next year...

• Options
    Rob62 said:

Do agree that his time with us has likely come to an end though, will be interesting who we have starting with Yann next year...

Yann. Backed up by a pretty strong midfield of Yann, Yann, Yann and Yann. With support coming from the defence of Yann, Yann, Yann and Yann.

We'll also have a goalkeeper capable of dealing with chipped penalties; Yann.
  • Options
    Rumours on twitter suggest he is 'on trial' with New York Red Bulls

@CalWilliamsSKC: Bradley Wright-Phillips on trial with New York Red Bulls #MLS
  • Options
    Would be a fantastic move for him. I'm a big fan of the MLS, very underrated league.
  • Options
    On trial,then he can not pull on a red shirt thats good news.
  • Options
    The Red Bulls are fast turning into a Charlton rejects XI. Sam, Bover and now Bradders.
  • Options

The Red Bulls are fast turning into a Charlton rejects XI. Sam, Bover and now Bradders.

It's odd, is there any connection on the coaching staff ?
  • Options
    Not bad though when you get to live in the New York area and play alongside Thierry Henry in stadiums much bigger than most of those in the Championship.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It's odd, is there any connection on the coaching staff ?
    “It’s their first day here. Guys that we want to have an outlook. Outside midfielder, a midfielder/forward. Just for options. Just to see, they come highly recommended, we watched some video of them. They played at a decent level, why wouldn’t we bring them in?” Petke said.
    Pardew in disguise? ;)