Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Wright-Phillips

Comments

• Options
    Bradley is the cousin of one of my close friends, yes that means Ian Wright is his uncle. - Bradley is a genuinely nice guy as said above and was gutted when he left but so pleased he done so well scoring the goals he did for us. He’s had a great time in the US and overall, had a very good career. 
  • Options
    He's better than Shaun....
  • Options
    Bowyer could do worse than consider signing him, provided that Brad isn't already fixed up. 34 ? .. nowadays careers start at 35 
  • Options
    I wonder how he ranks / feels about that 11/12 season now. I imagine most of the squad from that season it sits as pretty much the highlight of their careers. BWP I would have included in that and he struggled to adapt to the next level up, but then he’s gone on and done this in a completely different environment. 
  • Options
    With the paucity and fragility of the current squad and the penny-pinching insanity of the preposterous old snotgobbler in charge, I'd be straight on the phone to BWP or his 'people' to find out what he'd want for 4.5 months leading the line.  We never know he might have an abiding affection for we Addickted and would enjoy nothing more than helping out - he'd be assured of a thoroughly warm welcome down Floyd Road.
    Cos it worked so well last time he was in this league.

As much as I love BWP, and he was brilliant for us in League 1, I just dont think he was cut out for the Championship and that was 6 year ago.

1 league goal in 19 games for us
    5 league goals in 15 for Brentford.

He picked it up a bit for Brentford but still not great
  • Options
    With the paucity and fragility of the current squad and the penny-pinching insanity of the preposterous old snotgobbler in charge, I'd be straight on the phone to BWP or his 'people' to find out what he'd want for 4.5 months leading the line.  We never know he might have an abiding affection for we Addickted and would enjoy nothing more than helping out - he'd be assured of a thoroughly warm welcome down Floyd Road.
    A warm welcome for sure, but not really an option for a championship side at this stage of his career.

Could definitely still do a job for a lower league club though, and i think his old side Plymouth are apparently interested.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe he’s actually improved off the back of this?
  • Options
    I never thought we gave him enough championship games.
  • Options

As much as I love BWP, and he was brilliant for us in League 1, I just dont think he was cut out for the Championship and that was 6 year ago.

Brentford were in League 1 at the time.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Scoham said:

Brentford were in League 1 at the time.
    Good point I had forgotten  that lol.

So his champ record was 1 in 19.

As I said really good at League 1 level but not good enough for Championship
  • Options
    Easy league to score in. I hear they have lined up Joe Aribo to replace him....😁.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Has signed for Los Angeles FC so isnt done with  Football or the MLS just yet
  • Options
    Canadian said:
    Off the back of moving to MLS? He most definitely did. He's admitted himself he never took it serious in England. He ate poorly, he was out clubbing and enjoying the high life and his work ethic was poor. He's said he didn't notice until he saw Thierry Henry in training for NYRB, that he was nowhere near the best he could be. He fell under Henry's wing after that and followed everything he did and only then started to live the life of a fully devoted professional footballer. He made big improvements after moving to the MLS.

It is a fairly decent league ranging from about Championship to League One level. Its big difference is teams aren't balanced like they are in England and other European leagues. Backlines are typically around League One level, while attacks are Championship level with a few Premier League level players like Carlos Vela and Zlatan. 

BWP has fell off this season though and don't think he'd be much use to Charlton other than a late sub but don't think that is really needed. He'd probably fit in better at a League One or Two side at this stage but he'd be best just staying in MLS and moving down the table to a weaker side. 

What are the wages like over there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great career living in 2 of the world's greatest cities in the US and playing football.

Would much rather do that as a player at his level than bumbling about lower second and third tier clubs in England.

Agree a great career, but I never liked Los Angeles much when I was there
  • Options
    Great career living in 2 of the world's greatest cities in the US and playing football.

Would much rather do that as a player at his level than bumbling about lower second and third tier clubs in England.

Never been but looks good on telly
  • Options
    I was shocked to see that he played 19 games in the championship for Cafc. I remember the goal well as he was a long way out and with hardly any back lift he scored from about 20 yards at the North stand. Hearing the back story afterwards and his struggles with motivation I now realize he was only operating at 80% of his potential; the slower pace of the MLS obviously suited Bradley's languid style. 

BWP coming from a family, that lived in a big house on Shirley hills,meant he wasn't a hungry player like Deeney or Sterling who's Mother's had to have various jobs to feed and support their children.

The lad had talent and played a big part in our 100+ points.
  • Options
    Canadian said:
    Off the back of moving to MLS? He most definitely did. He's admitted himself he never took it serious in England. He ate poorly, he was out clubbing and enjoying the high life and his work ethic was poor. He's said he didn't notice until he saw Thierry Henry in training for NYRB, that he was nowhere near the best he could be. He fell under Henry's wing after that and followed everything he did and only then started to live the life of a fully devoted professional footballer. He made big improvements after moving to the MLS.

It is a fairly decent league ranging from about Championship to League One level. Its big difference is teams aren't balanced like they are in England and other European leagues. Backlines are typically around League One level, while attacks are Championship level with a few Premier League level players like Carlos Vela and Zlatan. 

BWP has fell off this season though and don't think he'd be much use to Charlton other than a late sub but don't think that is really needed. He'd probably fit in better at a League One or Two side at this stage but he'd be best just staying in MLS and moving down the table to a weaker side. 

What are the wages like over there?
    $ I believe.
    On form today Mr £, that would have merited a flag in the old days.
  • Options

Not a patch on Frisco.
    LA is a series of districts but with no actual central Down Town area or single focal point where you feel like you are in the city centre, which is quite strange as a matter of fact.

The Castro and Tenderloin areas of San Francisco are interesting, for very different reasons.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Not a patch on Frisco.
    LA is a series of districts but with no actual central Down Town area or single focal point where you feel like you are in the city centre, which is quite strange as a matter of fact.

The Castro and Tenderloin areas of San Francisco are interesting, for very different reasons.

Not a patch on Frisco.

Having lived in both cities and SF more recently I prefer LA especially the Manhatten beach area in LA. SF is ridiculously expensive and in front of your multi million dollar condo a homeless guy will be taking a dump. I could not believe the homeless situation in SF. You cannot leave anything in your car in SF as well as well and people will leave their cars unlocked so as not to get their windows broken. SF is a picturesque city but has an underlying ugly edginess. The beach areas of LA are lovely Manhattan, Hermosa, Malibu etc....Venice still has a homeless, drug issue but has improved soewhat

• Options
    Just scored his first for Columbus Crew
  • Options
    Just scored his first for Columbus Crew
    Wright Phillips - Kermorgant

Actually even Wright Phillips - Hayes at the start of the season.

Feels like a lifetime ago
  • Options
    6th highest scorer in MLS history