Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do other clubs perceive Charlton Athletic ?

Comments

• Options

Probably the same as Palace to the northerners, decentish sized club that have had spells in the PL.

Same as palace? Keep dreaming.

Most would see you as a pretty harmless club. Not very passionate fans, bit dull and irrelevant unfortunately.

Those clubs closer to you regard you as train spotters or clowns with an obsession for sh1t. I was at the valley when 2 charlton fans picked up horse crap and threw it at palace fans. Must be that marsh man mentality that your fans seem to have.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    maestro said:

Probably the same as Palace to the northerners, decentish sized club that have had spells in the PL.

Most would see you as a pretty harmless club. Not very passionate fans, bit dull and irrelevant unfortunately.

Those clubs closer to you regard you as train spotters or clowns with an obsession for sh1t. I was at the valley when 2 charlton fans picked up horse crap and threw it at palace fans. Must be that marsh man mentality that your fans seem to have.
    Bit touchy tonight aren't we what's the matter can't you sleep worrying about a beating off if not on the pitch tomorrow :-0
  • Options
    maestro said:

Of course he meant better than palace.
  • Options
    maestro said:

Same as palace then, although we're not as cringeworthy as you lot with your cheerleaders and the thing with the announcer when you squawk back at him
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Everyone's perception of Palace summed up in one word: tacky
  • Options
    Ask Danny Baker....

Our away following has greatly improved this season

if I didn't support us, I still think I would like Charlton as a club "Just something about em"
  • Options
    Have had lots of people say how they remember us as a Prem team and that it doesn't seem long ago. It does to me!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    maestro said:

As apposed to a no mark club in Surrey, who are obsessed with a club miles away on the south coast. A club who are forever looking over at us wondering why we don't have to advertise on groupon. Now go and sit back in your wooden seats with the cheerleaders.
  • Options
    Same as palace then, although we're not as cringeworthy as you lot with your cheerleaders and the thing with the announcer when you squawk back at him

Spot on. Heard that in Palace / Millwall game earlier in the season, they had a specially trained Eagle fly across the pitch and land on the crossbar before the match ! pmsl

• Options
    You can stick your f*cking eagle up your arse, beak first!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maestro said:

Who would want to be like palace with their new breed of super hooligan getting nicked with flares,booze and swiss army knives before they've even left London.

You call us clowns because you're not smart enough to think of a decent insult,no one else is that sad.

The whole footballing world laughs at you,apart from kids who are excited by colourful banners and bright sparkly things. I don't know anyone other than palace fans who respect or like your sad little club. You all live in Whyteleafe and Caterham anyway so you'd be better off popping down the M23 to Crawley,they've got more history then you.

(I'm aware I've well and truly bitten but you f*cking wind me up)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The grounds are similar sizes granted (Valley about 800 seats bigger apparently) but my god, Selhurst Park is a dump. I like to think of it as a slightly bigger version of Orient's Brisbane Road.

And then in terms of honours Palace have got as far as FA Cup runners up which puts them in the same category as Stoke, Millwall, Middlesbrough, Watford, Brighton, QPR, Fulham, Luton and Bristol City. Oh and as of this year, Wigan.
  • Options
    I think most would wonder how a team with decent home numbers brings similar numbers as clubs with a lot smaller home followings

Also see us as a real old fashioned club without the scumness of millwall or the mincingness of palace and with us being such a steady eddie club we lack a bit of personality like the B teams of the north burnley, blackburn, bolton etc
  • Options

I think most would wonder how a team with decent home numbers brings similar numbers as clubs with a lot smaller home followings

Also see us as a real old fashioned club without the scumness of millwall or the mincingness of palace and with us being such a steady eddie club we lack a bit of personality like the B teams of the north burnley, blackburn, bolton etc

Sounds about right. We are also respected for the Valley Party. As for the lack of personality, we don't need a gimmick like the two local clubs and West Ham.
  • Options
    When we have a big game at home the away fans always seem relaxed, almost a carnival atmosphere. At many away games our fans don't seem to feel or act the same. This says a lot about how welcoming we are, and how pleasant it is to visit the Valley.
  • Options

...and this matters to us because????

Why does it have to matter?
    I was interested.
    Not interested, don't comment.
    If you were interested in what other clubs think why are you asking us?
  • Options

The Julie Andrews of the Championship ! like a cuddly kitten, like a comfortable cardigan, or slippers !

Yes..if Charlton Athetic was a Hollywood film star who would it be?

Some modest Mr Nice guy with a wholesome family image who hasn't won an Oscar since 1947....

• Options
    anyone else think maestro was the palace fan with horse crud dripping from his face?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Ha I'm only going by their forum, where any topic involving another club will have at least one reply of tinpot. Probably another of their hilarious 'jokes' though.

Yeah where do they get their superiority complex from?

If they played Barcelona in a friendly their forum would be inundated with comments like "Barca? Tinpot club...."
  • Options

maestro said:

Would you notice horse crap on a Palace fan?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    nolly said:

anyone else think maestro was the palace fan with horse crud dripping from his face?

Brighton fans also gave them a horse shit make over. Good thing that they were dressed as ninjas at the time so it was easy for their mothers to clean.

• Options
    true
  • Options
    To be honest I couldn't give a toss what other clubs think of us ... especially the Nigels!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

To be honest I couldn't give a toss what other clubs think of us ... especially the Nigels!

My thoughts exactly.

• Options
    In the media, you quite often hear pundits and commentators referring to Charlton as 'the club who should have been more careful for what they wished for' when a lot of supporters wanted us to push on under the Curbishley era.

Infact, that's what I hear about most on the radio when Charlton get mentioned in a general sense.
  • Options
    nolly said:

Hopefully.
  • Options

...and this matters to us because????

Why does it have to matter?
    I was interested.
    Not interested, don't comment.
    If you were interested in what other clubs think why are you asking us?
    You are so becoming Henry :-)

• Options
    nolly said:

One can only hope.
  • Options
    maestro said:

You're obviously not aware how other clubs' fans view Palace then.
  • Options

maestro said:

You're obviously not aware how other clubs' fans view Palace then.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6KTSr4AsXc