Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do other clubs perceive Charlton Athletic ?

Comments

• Options
    Why is this maestro on here?

Can he not see his club are a laughing stock?

If I supported palace I would keep it myself.

the only time palace get mentioned is When they are getting laughed at.

Their mánager went to bolton because they are a bigger club.
  • Options

Why is this maestro on here?

Can he not see his club are a laughing stock?

If I supported palace I would keep it myself.

the only time palace get mentioned is When they are getting laughed at.

Their mánager went to bolton because they are a bigger club.

freedman is also supposedly a "palace legend" and even he couldnt wait to jump ship.
  • Options
    If we're comparing Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton Athletic may I muse on their grounds?
    I have always said that the Old Den was brilliant for them, and it was everything about Millwall. It was intimidating, it was rooted in it's surroundings, certainly atmospheric at times, but it was a place to be reckoned with, to be taken seriously.
    The rather supine surrender to the tatty New Den has not helped them in any way it seems to me, but it is still somewhere. You go through New Cross, past the estates, the Incinerator, and then Millwall. Next the London Bridge and you have arrived somewhere. You are grounded, you can get to places, you're sorted.
    Passing the Toolbox on the train is fair enough, like passing Brentford on the M4, both grounds are actually rooted somewhere and you can get your bearings.
    Selhurst Park on the other hand is what exactly? Where exactly? Leaving aside the ground itself which is a dozen levels below crap, the location isn't actually anywhere at all. The back end of beyond and the middle of nowhere are closer to someplace meaningful than Selhurst Park. It certainly isn't what you'd call in Crystal Palace. Don't know what has happened about the move to the athletics stadium (which would give them a bit more identity I suppose), but either way, poor though the New Den is, Selhurst Park makes it look like the Nou Camp.
    In comparison of grounds Millwall slaughter Crystal Palace hands down.
    The Valley on the other hand is beyond compare. It is the Eighth Wonder of the World
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We ought to stop comparing ourselves to Millwall and Palace.
    It'd be like comparing a Merc to a couple of burned out old VW Polos lying on the side of a motorway.

But seriously, from the people I've met anyways, no one minds us, Charlton away is a nice fixture, no trouble.
    Everyone says that. Except Palace and Gillingham. And Millwall, but they hate everyone, lol.
  • Options
    Irrelevant, eccentric, boring, passionless, in the football league to keep the admission fees down, sad etc etc etc. Next question?
  • Options

Irrelevant, eccentric, boring, passionless, in the football league to keep the admission fees down, sad etc etc etc. Next question?

The return of the horses arse. Haven't you got any mates to fight tonight?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If we're comparing Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton Athletic may I muse on their grounds?
    I have always said that the Old Den was brilliant for them, and it was everything about Millwall. It was intimidating, it was rooted in it's surroundings, certainly atmospheric at times, but it was a place to be reckoned with, to be taken seriously.
    The rather supine surrender to the tatty New Den has not helped them in any way it seems to me, but it is still somewhere. You go through New Cross, past the estates, the Incinerator, and then Millwall. Next the London Bridge and you have arrived somewhere. You are grounded, you can get to places, you're sorted.
    Passing the Toolbox on the train is fair enough, like passing Brentford on the M4, both grounds are actually rooted somewhere and you can get your bearings.
    Selhurst Park on the other hand is what exactly? Where exactly? Leaving aside the ground itself which is a dozen levels below crap, the location isn't actually anywhere at all. The back end of beyond and the middle of nowhere are closer to someplace meaningful than Selhurst Park. It certainly isn't what you'd call in Crystal Palace. Don't know what has happened about the move to the athletics stadium (which would give them a bit more identity I suppose), but either way, poor though the New Den is, Selhurst Park makes it look like the Nou Camp.
    The Valley on the other hand is beyond compare. It is the Eighth Wonder of the World

Yawn! The Valley was clearly designed by someone who hated you! I could have designed a better stadium with a lego set - In fact I have! Each section of the stadium is cemetrically out of balance with the other sections, and what was the designer thinking with that horrible shade of red? surely pink would have been more fitting??

• Options
    what a sad sack of shit you are pal
  • Options
    Have you got any photos of the lego stadium?
  • Options

seth plum said:

Yawn! The Valley was clearly designed by someone who hated you! I could have designed a better stadium with a lego set - In fact I have! Each section of the stadium is cemetrically out of balance with the other sections, and what was the designer thinking with that horrible shade of red? surely pink would have been more fitting??

haha of all the things I rarely hear any criticism of the valley as a stadium - it's easily premier league class. Selhurst looks like it was built from the remains of a scrapyard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Isn't you calling us both eccentric and boring a contradiction?

• Options
    NO!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

You off to Derby tomorrow then in case it's your last for a few years at this level or do you only do the big games like us and the odd bandwagon trip to a cup game?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What a great way to spend the first sunny, warm Friday evening of the year. Sitting on an opposition team's forum trying to bait people. I'm not sure I can think of anything more pathetic.
  • Options
    Dont worry we'll be back to hammer you as usual in your cup final next term!
  • Options

So long as you don't get relegated.
  • Options
    Well this is the thread that just keeps on giving isn't it...?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

What a great way to spend the first sunny, warm Friday evening of the year. Sitting on an opposition team's forum trying to bait people. I'm not sure I can think of anything more pathetic.

It's called banter Mr borearse!

• Options

It's called banter Mr borearse!

No, banter is sharp, witty and funny.
  • Options
    horsewarrior when you said 'cemetrically' in your response to me I think you meant to say 'symmetrically', which you couldn't quite manage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    So you're not going tomorrow then, thought as much. You know you love us really especially when we help to fill that soulless ground of yours. Only 12000 in a crucial game against the Nigel's in the week doesn't equate to normal passionate fans to me more a case of apathetic supporters of their club when it matters most.
  • Options
    What was it... around 18k in the shithole all there for the CHARLTON!

Joke 'fans'
  • Options
    That's 10,000 more people than when Blackburn visited them! Cup final indeed!
  • Options
    Someone said the CL c%nt filter has just had an upgrade. Has horsedroppings gone. Missing him already.
  • Options
    At least Maestro's got some staying power, arseworrier is suffering from premature evacuation.
  • Options
    Lol.

I'm so upset that the Valley isn't cemetrical. :(
  • Options
    Probably in the same way that we perceive Fulham or Reading
  • Options

Lol.

I'm so upset that the Valley isn't cemetrical. :(

But the toolbox is more like a cemetery most games so I guess that's where arseworrier got confused
  • Options
    edited May 2013

you sold out for us,not the other way round shergar

• Options
    edited May 2013

I think you're getting confused with who's cup final it is , Mr Sellout home and away.

It only took us a season in the second tier to show we are once again a class above you on and off the pitch and that must really grate you, yes?

Thought so.

Now go back to league 1. We belong here, you don't.