Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do other clubs perceive Charlton Athletic ?

Comments

• Options

13,000 been sold including palace

Is that true mate? Laughable if so. Like, really laughable.
    What the new shopper reporter said earlier
  • Options

13,000 been sold including palace

Is that true mate? Laughable if so. Like, really laughable.
    Paul Green ‏@NewsShopperSprt
    Att: 12,745 (2,089 from Palace) #millwall #cpfc

• Options

...and this matters to us because????

Why does it have to matter?
    I was interested.
    Not interested, don't comment.
    If you were interested in what other clubs think why are you asking us?
    You are so becoming Henry :-)

That's a compliment and so much better than becoming Lucky Bastard or even worse Windscreen

: - )

Henry...nobody is interested in who I am...you are soooooooooooo Facebook.

• Options

Yeah Maestro was right. It really IS the SL Derby. I mean Palace sold out and everything... And there was only 6,000 less fans in the ground than when we played there!
  • Options
    Damn the picture wouldn't attach!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    12745, Was the crowd really that low for a local derby?

I guess the Fa cup semi final was a day release jobby?

• Options
    Wheres the missing 18k+ from Wembley?

They cant all be on remand?
  • Options
    nolly said:

anyone else think maestro was the palace fan with horse crud dripping from his face?

I think you'll find that's their normal look!
  • Options
    Palace really know how to sell out half a stand!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

We sold out allocation. We are not allowed the lower tier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maestro said:

CAFCTrev said:

*applauds*
  • Options

maestro said:

stonemuse said:

To be honest I couldn't give a toss what other clubs think of us ... especially the Nigels!

And that's the most important thing.

Haters will always hate.

Off to London bridge now before THE south London derby. I expect you'll all be cheering us on as we stick a nail in millwalls coffin.

3 cheers for palace.... All together now!
    Haha THE South London derby which Millwall barely turn out for and Palace always struggle to sell out a solitary tier for...

Who has played in Millwall's 2 biggest home attendances? Charlton? Oh okay then.

Good to see that on a day of such a BIG SL derby with 2 GREAT SL clubs, you're on Charlton's forum. Subliminal compliment? We don't need it. We already know.

Crystal Paralysis, south London since 1965. CAFC, south London since their formation. We have a real identity. Run along lad.
    -D must try harder. Crystal palace and selhurst have always been in London. Pre 1965 the area wasn't in the borough of Croydon.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

maestro said:

stonemuse said:

To be honest I couldn't give a toss what other clubs think of us ... especially the Nigels!

Haters will always hate.

Off to London bridge now before THE south London derby. I expect you'll all be cheering us on as we stick a nail in millwalls coffin.

"South London derby is the name given to a football derby contested by any two of Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Millwall and AFC Wimbledon, the four Football League clubs based in South London, England. It is sometimes more specifically called the South East London derby when played between Charlton and Millwall."

Even wikipedia doesn't believe you
    So many posts to answer to. I'm by fr the most popular person on this thread.

We refer to our rivalry with millwall as a south London derby. It's all or nothing. Only a small time club like charlton refers to a derby as the south east London derby.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maestro said:

Croydon said:

maestro said:

stonemuse said:

Haters will always hate.

"South London derby is the name given to a football derby contested by any two of Charlton Athletic, Crystal Palace, Millwall and AFC Wimbledon, the four Football League clubs based in South London, England. It is sometimes more specifically called the South East London derby when played between Charlton and Millwall."

Even wikipedia doesn't believe you
    So many posts to answer to. I'm by fr the most popular person on this thread.

We refer to our rivalry with millwall as a south London derby. It's all or nothing. Only a small time club like charlton refers to a derby as the south east London derby.

The attendance figures, really prove just how "all or nothing" it is.
  • Options

Yeah Maestro was right. It really IS the SL Derby. I mean Palace sold out and everything... And there was only 6,000 less fans in the ground than when we played there!

Let's not get into a competition of who millwall hate most because frankly I couldn't care less. And anyway I know it will be palace (after west ham obviously). Just ask that millwall guy who posts on here.

Begging for a rival will never work.
  • Options

Let's not get into a competition of who millwall hate most because frankly I couldn't care less. And anyway I know it will be palace (after west ham obviously). Just ask that millwall guy who posts on here.

• Options
    maestro said:

CAFCTrev said:

Oh I forgot, you told us before that you are in the same camp as Cardiff, Leeds etc in the police's eyes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maestro said:

maestro said:

stonemuse said:

Haters will always hate.

Haha THE South London derby which Millwall barely turn out for and Palace always struggle to sell out a solitary tier for...

Who has played in Millwall's 2 biggest home attendances? Charlton? Oh okay then.

Good to see that on a day of such a BIG SL derby with 2 GREAT SL clubs, you're on Charlton's forum. Subliminal compliment? We don't need it. We already know.

Crystal Paralysis, south London since 1965. CAFC, south London since their formation. We have a real identity. Run along lad.
    -D must try harder. Crystal palace and selhurst have always been in London. Pre 1965 the area wasn't in the borough of Croydon.
    Selhurst Park is located in South Norwood. And South Norwood was in the county borough of Croydon, Surrey until 1965

• Options
    Millwalls home attendances this season....

Doesnt look like theres much debate as to which derby is bigger.....
  • Options
    8,607 against Blackburn hahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    maestro said:

What you nigels don't seem to understand is that Millwall don't like you because you represent everything which they hate. The banners, the silly flares, synchronized dance classes, all this shit is stuff that is very much the opposite of what Millwall are about. Nothing to do with you being a big competitor or 'rival' of theirs', they just don't like you as a club. It has no reflection on your importance whatsoever.

They don't "hate" Charlton either. But there is no doubting whatsoever that Charlton is a bigger game, and a much much bigger derby for them. You have nothing to argue that.

Now go and listen to Dave Clark Five in your bedroom you sad sad boy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cafctom said:

maestro said:

What you nigels don't seem to understand is that Millwall don't like you because you represent everything which they hate. The banners, the silly flares, synchronized dance classes, all this shit is stuff that is very much the opposite of what Millwall are about. Nothing to do with you being a big competitor or 'rival' of theirs', they just don't like you as a club. It has no reflection on your importance whatsoever.

They don't "hate" Charlton either. But there is no doubting whatsoever that Charlton is a bigger game, and a much much bigger derby for them. You have nothing to argue that.

this.

i went yesterday. the atmosphere and the lack of crowd said it all. not only was it a "local" derby but also a very important game for both sides for position in the league and yet not many home fans turned up. Don’t get me wrong they can’t stand ya, fans and club (which most of us on this message board would understand) but If that was against us that place would have been filled. A real local derby. Bragging rights. It’s not all based on pure hatred but a fair bit of it is, maybe more so from our side than theirs, but that’s inevitable, because we are the ones who have to put up with them. They don’t realise how repulsive some of their fans are.

So You lot Just stick with Brighton or Eastbourne or Crawley or whoeverthefuck you got a problem with.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

cafctom said:

maestro said:

imagesrc="

" />

this.

i went yesterday. the atmosphere and the lack of crowd said it all. not only was it a "local" derby but also a very important game for both sides for position in the league and yet not many home fans turned up. Don’t get me wrong they can’t stand ya, fans and club (which most of us on this message board would understand) but If that was against us that place would have been filled. A real local derby. It’s not all based on pure hatred but a fair bit of it is, maybe more so from our side than theirs, but that’s inevitable, because we are the ones who have to put up with them. They don’t realise how repulsive some of their fans are.

So You lot Just stick with Brighton or Eastbourne or Crawley or whoever the fuck you got a problem with.
    Not to mention Man Utd ...........Oooha Oooha Eric Cantona or.......The wheels on the bus......
  • Options
    Looking at those Millwall crowds, I know we got the lower as well, but I'm astounded by the difference with their other league crowds and the one with us.
  • Options

Looking at those Millwall crowds, I know we got the lower as well, but I'm astounded by the difference with their other league crowds and the one with us.

They must really hate Wigan!

Not allowed the lower tier. :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

cafctom said:

maestro said:

imagesrc="

" />

this.

i went yesterday. the atmosphere and the lack of crowd said it all. not only was it a "local" derby but also a very important game for both sides for position in the league and yet not many home fans turned up. Don’t get me wrong they can’t stand ya, fans and club (which most of us on this message board would understand) but If that was against us that place would have been filled. A real local derby. It’s not all based on pure hatred but a fair bit of it is, maybe more so from our side than theirs, but that’s inevitable, because we are the ones who have to put up with them. They don’t realise how repulsive some of their fans are.

So You lot Just stick with Brighton or Eastbourne or Crawley or whoever the fuck you got a problem with.
    Not to mention Man Utd ...........Oooha Oooha Eric Cantona or.......The wheels on the bus......
    They used to sing stand up if you hate man you.
  • Options
    the wheels on the bus is a sad song to sing mocking the death of a fellow footy fan no matter who they support is a no no in my book
  • Options
    edited May 2013

• Options

the wheels on the bus is a sad song to sing mocking the death of a fellow footy fan no matter who they support is a no no in my book

Agree.

Like the South London since 1965. I may use that : - )
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

maestro said:

Probably the same as Palace to the northerners, decentish sized club that have had spells in the PL.

Same as palace? Keep dreaming.

Most would see you as a pretty harmless club. Not very passionate fans, bit dull and irrelevant unfortunately.

Those clubs closer to you regard you as train spotters or clowns with an obsession for sh1t. I was at the valley when 2 charlton fans picked up horse crap and threw it at palace fans. Must be that marsh man mentality that your fans seem to have.
    Same as palace then, although we're not as cringeworthy as you lot with your cheerleaders and the thing with the announcer when you squawk back at him
    Would you notice horse crap on a Palace fan?