Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermogant

Comments

• Options
    Exiled Addick - Leicester must have been blind to have missed that talent. Of course, it depends how you play him as to whether you cam maximise that talent.
    Sir Chris & Yann, je vous aime aussi
  • Options
    From an artical on a Leicester forum - "Often played out wide and brought on with little time to make an impact"

Might explain why the fans didn't rate him, though what they were doing wasting him out wide is anybody's guess.
  • Options
    *"article" FFS
  • Options
    And to think, not so long ago there were some on this site questioning if he was good enough at championship level.
    This guy, for me, runs Killer close as being THE Charlton cult figure.
  • Options
    Presented him with MoM... Legend.

Asked him if he was going to sign a new contract and how long he would be around for.

"I want to finish here"
  • Options
    As i stated in the post match thread his second half performance was one of the best displays i have seen from a Charlton player.
  • Options
    I sit next to someone who knows him very well and he said last year he loves it here and wants to be here for the rest of his career.

Whoever needs to get that contract under his nose needs to do it pronto - or I will find them and I will do something painful with a pineapple :-)
  • Options
    Reading some great stuff on here. Love it.
    Thanks, guys
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Asked him if he was going to sign a new contract and how long he would be around for.

"I want to finish here"

Realistically 2 more seasons - that should be enough to get us up to the promised land!

• Options
    Did I hear right ? "Yipp yipp Yann. The big French man"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did I hear right ? "Yipp yipp Yann. The big French man"

'Tis true
  • Options
    CP has built a team of real character - I remember curbs used to talk about buying character as much as ability. CP is a people person - heart and passion and emotion is what its all about - he has bucket loads of it and he's assembling a team of players that also have it - You get the feeling Kermo would run through a brick wall for CP and our club
  • Options
    purdis said:

CAFCsayer said:

"I want to finish here"

Realistically 2 more seasons - that should be enough to get us up to the promised land!

certainly no reason why he cant follow kevin phillips and continue on into his late 30's , doesnt look unfit or out of place either
  • Options
    WSAWSA
    edited May 2013
    I'm so confused. I love Yann, I love Chrissy, Solly, Jackso, Morro, BradleyP, Waggy ............. :-)
  • Options
    Henry will love this one - nice cardy :-)

• Options
    WSA said:

I'm so confused. I love Yann, I love Chrissy, Solly, Jackso, Morro, BradleyP, Waggy ............. :-)

Slut.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

purdis said:

CAFCsayer said:

"I want to finish here"

certainly no reason why he cant follow kevin phillips and continue on into his late 30's , doesnt look unfit or out of place either
    If he looks after himself (might have to lay off the summer binges back in Brittany) then Yann can play to his mid-thirties at least. His game is not based around pace so it won't matter too much if he loses a bit.
  • Options
    Even the commentators love him!!

Tweet by:
    Dan O'Hagan ‏@danohagan 21h

Do like Yann Kermorgant at Charlton. Cantona of the Championship!
  • Options
    I am loving this thread! I think that Yann has to be my favourite Charlton player ever!

Is their anyone on CL who still thinks it is unreasonable to call the man a Legend? I think not!
  • Options
    Met him before yesterday's game and he was so polite. Gave me time to have a photo and a quick chat about the season.

Supported Charlton since I was 7 years old (16 years) and he is without question my favourite player we've had in that time. I hope he sees out his career here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comments made about Yann coming good or peaking at the end of the season.
    No coincidence - he's playing that well because those around him are playing that well.
    This is allowing him to express his quality.
    Yesterday I was so impressed 2nd half. When a team is playing with confidence there are some big surprises. It has allowed us to see how good Yann really is, the defence splitting pass from Gower to Pritch for the 4th goal and, THE most surprising was Morrison, near end of first half, bringing the ball down on the edge of his own box and, like a flash, spotting a pass - a superb long ball, wide right to find the runner - doesn't get any better.
    Comments on this thread about Yann's commitment being150% warrior, up there with Killer, Powell signing characters - this is what will take this club to where it wants to be.
    Well done CAFC Board, well done Sir Chris Powell - a man motivator and natural talent spotter. COYR!
  • Options
    My mum is in love with him. I just think he is a hugely talented, 150% commited player that every club would love 11 of. "Our Cantona" was actually a comment i said to my mum (whilst she was swooning) after his performance yesterday so not surprised to see others saying it
  • Options

My mum is in love with him. I just think he is a hugely talented, 150% commited player that every club would love 11 of. "Our Cantona" was actually a comment i said to my mum (whilst she was swooning) after his performance yesterday so not surprised to see others saying it

Cantona is probably my favourite footballer ever - he was more than a magic man.
    A credit to Yann that he's being so compared.
  • Options
    The fella is like a vintage wine that gets better with age, 100 per cent commitment, a dash of panache , and making up big time for time sadly lost earlier in his life, we love you Yanny!
  • Options
    I think when you have such a gifted player sweat blood for the cause, you can't help but love him. He ticks both boxes.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Yeah, Yann's story is incredibly inspirational - I can't remember how long he was out for (around 4 or 5 years?) but you wouldn't know looking at him play. He has quickly become one of my favourite players (in a team of favourites it must be said) - and it's made even better by the fact that he actually appears to be happy here after the fiasco at Leicester. Plus, if the Celtic news is to be believed then it's even better.

I wont lie, at first I never saw him as that talented - maybe even limited in some ways; "he can head the ball and do a few fancy flick-ons..". After spending some more time watching him though, I realised that some of his real skill is precisely down to the fact that he doesn't seem to spend ages on the ball. His flick-ons are immense, he's dominant in the air, he can finish pretty cleanly.. oh, and he's 150% warrior.

I remember hearing that at Leicester (A) they tried to Boo him but he simply didn't have the ball long enough for it to really have an effect; he seems to get it, move it on and come to collect it again. A nice style of play - and compliments players like Fuller and Harriott that make their whole game out of the fact that they move with the ball, they take players on and so on..

To top it all off - he even seems able to come back and defend when needed. Top notch. I think we really missed him when he was out - he provides a lot more than is immediately visible in my opnion.

Absolutely spot on. Fantastic player and an inspirational story.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The fella is like a vintage wine that gets better with age, 100 per cent commitment, a dash of panache , and making up big time for time sadly lost earlier in his life, we love you Yanny!

Excellent analogy MIA. I hope you don't mind me nicking your idea.

• Options
    That's brilliant Stig. You should send that to Yann
  • Options
    I would but I drank it last night ;-)
  • Options
    Can I have a case?