Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann Kermogant

Comments

• There's a collection of his Bournemouth goals on you tube, made me fill sick & sad watching them. Class act ............ unlike some others I could name.
  • I rated him when here but didn't realise how good he actually was. Built for championship football and I hope he gets a go at Prem football. Could be a handful on his day.
  • I rated him when here but didn't realise how good he actually was. Built for championship football and I hope he gets a go at Prem football. Could be a handful on his day.

Agree - he's one of a few who have got better with age. Hope he has a decent Indian summer in the Premiership.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Presented him with MoM... Legend.

Asked him if he was going to sign a new contract and how long he would be around for.

"I want to finish here"

:'( what a waste.
  • Has won more headers indepedantally than the opposing team in more than 1 game this season. Hope he gets a good crack in the Prem, would make a fantastic attacking coach to influence a more all round game for them. A managers dream of a player at Champ level
  • I honestly can't name many defenders I have seen at Championship level who are as good in the air as him to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought that was a masterclass of a performance. Yann's hold up and overall play was excellent and I loved the craft lean onto the Fulham defender, which panicked him into the handball. Pace has never been Yann's forte but talk about class, animal cunning and a big match mentality
  • cafctom said:

I honestly can't name any defenders I have seen at Championship level who are as good in the air as him to be honest.

• Murray said we wouldn't have to sell our youngsters, therefore what he was saying was we would sell the ones that are pass it. So, Murray got it wrong on two parts.
  • edited May 2017
    To be fair, we had seen enough of Yann to realise what a good player he was. How do you expect an idiot who thinks he knew more about the the quality of the players we had than the manager at the time to realise that. Be fair!

I do recall saying at the time that the fact that he had absolutely no reliance on pace in his game meant his age was less important!
  • Yann is an incredible player and to think we sold him for peanuts. There is so much to his game and he has to rank as CP's best signing.

Pleased for him....
  • Sponsored links:

• Whenever we got a freekick when Yann was playing you were confident he'd bury it.
  • They've learnt from their mistakes though.

Yann wasn't given the 2.5 year deal which would have taken him through to summer 2016, when he would have been 34.

Teixeira given 4.5 year deal, which will take him through to the summer 2020, when he will be 34.

Probably on a higher wage than Yann wanted as well.
  • RedChaser said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2BMzhHrNl8
    Free kick in 3-2 win over Brighton, now in the Prem whilst we languish in the bottom half of L1 :rage: .

Don't think winning the semi final gets you to the prem :)
  • RedChaser said:

Free kick in 3-2 win over Brighton, now in the Prem whilst we languish in the bottom half of L1 :rage: .

Coming second in the Championship does though :p
  • edited May 2017

RedChaser said:

What Rob62 said :wink: .

This.

I was concerned about his injury record with us in his last eighteen months but even ignoring that I had no idea just how good he was, and clearly didn't know how many years he had left in him at the level he is performing now.

Hindsight is great, but never available when you need it, but selling him was probably the biggest, necessary, mistake the club has made since the move to Selhurst.