Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermogant

Comments

• Options
    Scored yesterday for Reading, still too old?
  • Options

Scored yesterday for Reading, still too old?

36 now.
  • Options
    Nug said:

That game when he returned for Reading he absolutely tore us apart. Didn't he score from the halfway line which would have given him a hat-trick only for it to be disallowed? Or am I dreaming that. That game summed the Belgiums up for me, he was sold on and being marked by Roger Johnson!

He pinged one in from at least 25 yards, but it was disallowed for a handball in the build up.

I think everyone apart from Roland and Tommy D could’ve guessed what was going to happen that day
  • Options
    Move on
  • Options

Move on

Nice to keep tabs on one of our real hero’s but for anyone that thinks he could ever come back I agree. Move on.
  • Options
    I believe Yann would make a very good coach - and for him to start at CAFC would be magnificant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Would have him back in a heartbeat, even at 46, let alone 36. Would be a great number 10 in KRs system and might offer some physical muscle that would allow us to play a more nippy number 9.

Similar to how he played at Bournemouth. Wide midfielders that would cut in, full backs getting forward and overlapping, the main goalscorer ahead of him.

I know Powell was a more cautious manager but I'd have loved to see what he'd have done with a decent budget in the Championship. He built an effective team to get out of League 1 and compete in the Championship. Never got the chance to improve it with better wingers/more technical midfielders.
    Wasn't Powell after a few players when our cash ran out who ended up doing well elsewhere?

Puncheon I think, can't remember the others.

If he'd have been allowed to add to the League One winning team with a decent budget I think we'd have gone up the year Palace dived their way up instead.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Would have him back in a heartbeat, even at 46, let alone 36. Would be a great number 10 in KRs system and might offer some physical muscle that would allow us to play a more nippy number 9.

Similar to how he played at Bournemouth. Wide midfielders that would cut in, full backs getting forward and overlapping, the main goalscorer ahead of him.

I know Powell was a more cautious manager but I'd have loved to see what he'd have done with a decent budget in the Championship. He built an effective team to get out of League 1 and compete in the Championship. Never got the chance to improve it with better wingers/more technical midfielders.
    Wasn't Powell after a few players when our cash ran out who ended up doing well elsewhere?

If he'd have been allowed to add to the League One winning team with a decent budget I think we'd have gone up the year Palace dived their way up instead.
    If we had managed to sneak into the playoffs that year, I reckon it could have been ours for the taking. We were in really good form.
  • Options

Scoham said:

I seem to remember that Richie De Laet and Sone Aluko were possibly two of the others
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In no way am i trying to denigrate Yann's letter to Wil, as he is a very classy guy, but after having spoken to Yann before, i know his grasp of English is not up to the standard in the letter, and was clearly written by club staff - but still a great thing to do.
  • Options
    YK = Proper Charlton.
  • Options

In no way am i trying to denigrate Yann's letter to Wil, as he is a very classy guy, but after having spoken to Yann before, i know his grasp of English is not up to the standard in the letter, and was clearly written by club staff - but still a great thing to do.

I would have thought his English has improved significantly since you last spoke to him - I expect your French has improved recently as well!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I’d be surprised if anyone employed to write professionally had produced that letter. The second paragraph is a single sentence which is far too long, a sure sign of someone who doesn’t write regularly. No shame in that from a footballer who isn’t writing in his first language, but it would be poor from someone working in an office. It’s probable, of course, that it was a collaboration.
  • Options

Sorry President, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree there. That looks like a transcribed note to me, typed up by the office staff maybe, but definitely Yann's own work!