Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    cafcjoe said:

Any truth in this Carlton Cole rumour?

Yes, it's true...he's rubbish!

;-)
  • Options

Taylor-Fletcher seems to be a name repeated this window.

Repeated from the same FR rumour. Poppycock
  • Options
    Someone has told me Powell is after Wes Morgan from Leicester.
  • Options
    Bob22 said:

Not been at Leicester that long and cost a fair bit from Nottingham Forest. Would have thought he would be out of our price range for a position we have pretty well covered. That's unless Morrison is on his way somewhere ?

• Options
    Bob22 said:

Saw a fair bit of him at Forest - always seemed a bit of a lump to me and not much more.

• Options
    Leicester fans seem to rate him for days, pretty sure he got their player of the season? Out of our price range i'd imagine
  • Options
    I would think we'd struggle to match any wages Leicester's players are on.
  • Options
    Mate who support Oxford says we are after Jake Wright and it's been around since January that we want him, he doesn't know how true it is but a lot of Oxford fans are scared of losing him says he can easily play Championship, he's a CB that's all I know
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Mate who support Oxford says we are after Jake Wright and it's been around since January that we want him, he doesn't know how true it is but a lot of Oxford fans are scared of losing him says he can easily play Championship, he's a CB that's all I know

Have heard Kenny Jackett is also a long term admirer and Wolves are interested.
  • Options
    Pack isn't good enough for the Championship yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are after Morgan then there is money around, he was probably the best CB in the league last season.
  • Options

If we are after Morgan then there is money around, he was probably the best CB in the league last season.

Think that's nailed that one then.

• Options
    Bob22 said:

Blimey.That would cost some money.And lots of it.

• Options
    Don't buy into this one. We have Morrison, Dervite and Cort plus Feeley. Not a priority area to spend the money that Morgan would cost even assuming we had it. Midfield and up front are our priorities.
  • Options

Don't buy into this one. We have Morrison, Dervite and Cort plus Feeley. Not a priority area to spend the money that Morgan would cost even assuming we had it. Midfield and up front are our priorities.

beat me to it ! would seem this way with cort and dervite signing contract extentions

• Options
    Highly regarded captain though. Could take us to the next level. Think Eddie Youds.
  • Options
    we havent got a chance of signing Wes Morgan
  • Options
    Extremely random twitter rumour.
    luther mainga junior ‏@Lutherrightfoot 5m
    Zambia international Evans Kangwa set to sign for #CharltonAthletic #cafc
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Zambia striker Evans Kangwa is attending trials at Spanish second division side Recreativo da Huelva.

Huelva have handed the 21-year-old striker a week-long trial.

Nkana chairperson John Chiwele told MTNFootball.com that they were optimistic Kangwa will impress Huelva.

"The boy is still in Spain. It is likely he will be taken on we should getting to get feedback by Friday," Chiwele said. Kangwa's trial with Huelva comes in the wake of his failed trip to English Championship side Watford.

The ex-Orlando Pirates striker is looking to reignite his career after a forgettable 2012 season that saw him sidelined for most of the season after returning from the Africa Cup in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

Kangwa also failed to make the cut for the 2013 Africa Cup tournament.

The Nkana striker was hot property prior to the 2012 Africa Cup.

Kangwa scored 16 goals in the 2011 season in all competition including seven at the COSAFA Youth Championship that year in Botswana for the Zambia Under-20 on their way to retaining the title.

A prospective deal to join Pirates fell through after Nkana and the defending South Africa Premiership champions failed to agree on terms.

Development squad ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Hmm..

http://www.postzambia.com/post-read_article.php?articleId=33558
    NKANA striker Evans Kangwa is next week expected to sign for English Championship side Charlton Athletic.
    Kangwa's agent Lee Anderson confirmed from England that the player who has been training with Spanish second division side Recreativo de Huelva for the past four months will sign for Charlton before being loaned to Huelva.
    Anderson said Kangwa delayed to sign for Huelva despite training with the team because of third party involvements in the deal.
    "He is signing for Charlton Athletic and will be loaned initially to Huelva. Hopefully he will score a lot of goals and then he can move forward," Anderson said.
    Read more at the link.
  • Options
    Nearly 19, striker playing in the Zambian PL.

Now, the important question - how tall is he?
  • Options
    You tube clip looks ok.

See Evans above.
  • Options
    Seems like a "Development" squad player, a lot of Africans in the side
  • Options
    Not too much to get excited about in that clip. I would say that Azeez, Smith, Pigott and Sho-Silva are at least at that level. We need a first team striker, not another learner.
  • Options

Nearly 19, striker playing in the Zambian PL.

Now, the important question - how tall is he?

5ft 9
  • Options

Hmm..

http://www.postzambia.com/post-read_article.php?articleId=33558

NKANA striker Evans Kangwa is next week expected to sign for English Championship side Charlton Athletic.
    Kangwa's agent Lee Anderson confirmed from England that the player who has been training with Spanish second division side Recreativo de Huelva for the past four months will sign for Charlton before being loaned to Huelva.
    Anderson said Kangwa delayed to sign for Huelva despite training with the team because of third party involvements in the deal.
    "He is signing for Charlton Athletic and will be loaned initially to Huelva. Hopefully he will score a lot of goals and then he can move forward," Anderson said.
    Read more at the link.

Third party involvement? Is that illegal third party involvement or the frowned upon type of third party involvement?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Not too much to get excited about in that clip. I would say that Azeez, Smith, Pigott and Sho-Silva are at least at that level. We need a first team striker, not another learner.

I would imagine hes going on loan to huelva to get experience/work permit to come back for first team football
  • Options
    All sounds a bit strange. We buy him and then loan him. Why? And why don't Huelva just sign him?

When it is on the OS and all that.
  • Options

All sounds a bit strange. We buy him and then loan him. Why? And why don't Huelva just sign him?

When it is on the OS and all that.

he isnt eligible for a work permit so has to qualify through EU residency or wait until he is eligible. Whatever comes sooner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!