Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

Interesting web site just been looking at is www.transfermarkt.co.uk (market without the "e").

Has amounts paid and received for players. Go to the Charlton section, select transfers and pick the particular season you want. It says what each player supposedly cost eg. Dale cost around £300 k, as did Danny Green. And the club got £990k for Jenkinson.

Who knows if it's accurate.

Site reckons we paid the Daggers £264,000 for Paul Benson, and Woking £246,000 for Ross Worner. Seems implausible.

I'm 99% sure we didnt pay 246k for Worner
    He was a Pardew signing remember
    no it was Parky. It would all be based on appearances and probably a sell on clause, so he wouldn't have cost much.
  • Options
    Tweet from Cawley:
    Alan Judge to Blackburn done. Had been major target for #cafc. Held talks earlier in summer and club thought had him in the bag.
  • Options

Tweet from Cawley:
    Alan Judge to Blackburn done. Had been major target for #cafc. Held talks earlier in summer and club thought had him in the bag.

Looks like the bag has a hole in it :(

• Options
    I'm sure we have a back up target. Pity about Judge though.
  • Options

Tweet from Cawley:

He came through the youth scheme at Blackburn, so you can understand him wanting to return and make it there.

These clubs that go around resigning all the players they let go as youngsters :-)
  • Options
    This has to be Cawley's latest exclusive ever. Wasn't this announced 2 weeks ago?
  • Options
    Earlier in the summer? It's still spring.
  • Options

Tweet from Cawley:

He came through the youth scheme at Blackburn, so you can understand him wanting to return and make it there.
    True. They probably have a higher wage structure than us too, as they must still be receiving parachute payments.
  • Options
    think there wage bill was around 26m last season, slightly behind Leicester.
  • Options
    jimmy toare
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry don't know how to delete that message above wasn't meant for this screen. Proves why old people shouldn't have many windows open concurrently - it should have been an answer to someone on bloomberg.
  • Options
    oldbloke said:

sorry don't know how to delete that message above wasn't meant for this screen. Proves why old people shouldn't have many windows open concurrently - it should have been an answer to someone on bloomberg.

Damn, you got my hopes up that we were going to sign a Champions League winner
  • Options
    Blackburn paid a fortune just to agents last year in respect of the Etuhu and Murphy deals ( well north of a million, per official FL disclosure ), so they have a fair amount of money to play with - not that it did them much good with their utterly chaotic management structure.
  • Options
    Yeh right !! Norwich turn down £2 million so what makes you think we can buy him.........I don't think you understand - WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY.

anyone we sign will be on a free or for v. little money (less than £250k) unless we sell anyone first

• Options

Yeh right !! Norwich turn down £2 million so what makes you think we can buy him.........I don't think you understand - WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. SOURCE????

anyone we sign will be on a free or for v. little money (less than £250k) unless we sell anyone first

• Options

Yeh right !! Norwich turn down £2 million so what makes you think we can buy him.........I don't think you understand - WE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RIgs3eygo
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Blackburn paid a fortune just to agents last year in respect of the Etuhu and Murphy deals ( well north of a million, per official FL disclosure ), so they have a fair amount of money to play with - not that it did them much good with their utterly chaotic management structure.

Isn't that like lots of things in life ?

Doesn't matter how much you have, it's what you do with it that counts.....

( Cue comment from nla....)

• Options
    Disagree fanny

It certainly matters how much u have to be able to use it properly
  • Options
    Real shame about Alan Judge. Think he would have been good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heart didnt offer £2Million, would help if some people read the article....£2Million is Norwich's current valuation and if they hold out for that amount then it will probably limit it to a Premier League Club or one recently relegated.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Heart didnt offer £2Million, would help if some people read the article....£2Million is Norwich's current valuation and if they hold out for that amount then it will probably limit it to a Premier League Club or one recently relegated.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    evina rejects new deal.

wonder if it had anything to do with that twitter argument about palace with a couple of our fans?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8743016/Charlton-defender-Cedric-Evina-has-rejected-a-new-deal-at-The-Valley

(edit - ahh... I see someone found the evina thread...)
  • Options
    "I have turned down Charlton's offer of a new deal and to be honest I am very disappointed with the club," Evina told Sky Sports.

"At this stage of my career I need more security and unfortunately for whatever reason the club cannot do that for me.

Doesnt sound great
  • Options
    That sounds like very bad news.
  • Options
    Good, don't rate him. Heard big things about fox so hopefully he gets a look in
  • Options
    Oh well. We have Wiggins.
  • Options
    Wouldnt say i dontvrate him but agree with fox
  • Options
    A fully fit wiggins or evina.. Wiggy everytime. If a player dosnt want to stay and fight for a place then totally understand his age now should be a first choice left back.
  • Options
    wont lose sleep over that .....got better with game time last year but would always have been 2 nd choice to RW ...would be very happy to see Fox coming through
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!