Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    FR tonight,Conor Henderson again.

23 May 2013 19:42:53
    i used to go to school with conor henderson at colfes before he left and he said that he was interested in charlton but he oculd just have been being polite
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Transfer news: The agent of Thanasis Papazoglou has refused to rule out a move to Charlton but has confirmed the striker is seeking a move away from Greek Super League club OFI Crete.

It is understood that the Addicks are one of a number of clubs that have shown an interest in the 6ft 4ins 25-year-old former Greece Under-21 forward, who has been compared West Ham target Andy Carroll.
  • Options
    Three championship clubs have bid for Dundee's Johnny Russell. Would like to get someone like him but at £700k I cant see it.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22656986

"Three clubs from the top half of the Championship are believed to be interested in taking Dundee United striker Johnny Russell to England.

United chairman Stephen Thompson met representatives of a leading Championship club last week.

A bid of around £700,000 has been mooted and United expect the club concerned to return with a definite offer in the weeks ahead.

Russell has a year left on his current contract at Tannadice."
  • Options

Transfer news: The agent of Thanasis Papazoglou has refused to rule out a move to Charlton but has confirmed the striker is seeking a move away from Greek Super League club OFI Crete.

It is understood that the Addicks are one of a number of clubs that have shown an interest in the 6ft 4ins 25-year-old former Greece Under-21 forward, who has been compared West Ham target Andy Carroll.
    I've just been watching some highlights of his goals on Youtube. Looks like he could be a useful addition to the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRoBWw_jYw
  • Options
    25 May 2013 14:54:07
    Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez wants to sign experienced midfielder Mark Gower after his release from Swansea. Things may change though if the Spaniard leaves the club to move elsewhere.
    It is also thought Charlton Athletic are chasing his signature.

FR
  • Options
    26 May 2013 21:26:52
    If Andrew Davies returns to Middlesborough then Bradford will sign Ignasi Miquel on a season long loan from Arsenal. Bradford also may make an ambitious bid to bring in Serge Gnabry also on loan but he is also attracting interest from Charlton and Peterborough.

FR
  • Options
    That Greek chap looks decent. Goals with both feet and his head. Decent hold up play. Running the channels. Reasonably movile. Hard working and tackling. Probably a load of poop for a story but if realistic then worth a punt. Looks like he'd go well with Kermy and/or a pacy striker
  • Options
    Also looked strong as an ox. Keen to take the ball from a throw in and shield it while waiting for support.

And a decent first touch
  • Options

Wigan Athletic manager Roberto Martinez wants to sign experienced midfielder Mark Gower after his release from Swansea. Things may change though if the Spaniard leaves the club to move elsewhere.

FR

we do want him not sure about wigan tbh , but I know we are very keen to get the deal done

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And he was quoted in the SLP recently as saying he wants to sign for a club in London or Essex.
  • Options

FR

we do want him not sure about wigan tbh , but I know we are very keen to get the deal done

Are we dragging our feet a bit then nla? Or maybe it's down to the length of contract we will offer? Or maybe he is waiting to see what's the best offer on wages?

Will understand if you can't breach confidences.
  • Options
    Like the look of Papazoglou from those clips. Under Pardew I would have assumed that YouTube was our preferred scouting network, but know that's not how Chris Powell works! ;-)

Would be happy with him and Gower as the first two additions this summer.
  • Options

Not a chance. If Villa couldn't afford him then Huddersfield won't be able to.

Udders got £8million last summer...................
    That was the total fee with add-on's they never got anything like that, 4.5 is nearer.
  • Options
    Think we may have to wait until July 1st to gauge how skint we are.
  • Options

26 May 2013 21:26:52
    If Andrew Davies returns to Middlesborough then Bradford will sign Ignasi Miquel on a season long loan from Arsenal. Bradford also may make an ambitious bid to bring in Serge Gnabry also on loan but he is also attracting interest from Charlton and Peterborough.

FR

Gnarby's a very good player. Tricky winger. He's played Premier League and Champs League for Arsenal though so I reckon he'll be in their squad next season.
  • Options

I've just been watching some highlights of his goals on Youtube. Looks like he could be a useful addition to the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoRoBWw_jYw
    Reminds me of Martin Pringle!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've been trawling through twitter for some rumours (believable or not)..
    Agent 33. #ITK ‏@agent_itk33 20m

#Charlton Athletic are lining up deals to sign former midfielder Nicky Bailey, and #Norwich striker Simeon Jackson. #Cafc #Ncfc #Addicks
  • Options
    Football Latest ‏@LatestNewsFooty 16m

Charlton are interested in Blackpool forward Gary Taylor-Fletcher #CAFC #blackpoolfc
  • Options

I've been trawling through twitter for some rumours (believable or not)..

Agent 33. #ITK ‏@agent_itk33 20m

#Charlton Athletic are lining up deals to sign former midfielder Nicky Bailey, and #Norwich striker Simeon Jackson. #Cafc #Ncfc #Addicks
    Implies there is money if true. Doubt it is.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loco said:

That was the total fee with add-on's they never got anything like that, 4.5 is nearer.
    And their not in a great position financially due to worse than expected attendances this season. No doubt Stephens valuation has dropped since the Villa interest, but no way can Hudds afford what I hope we would want for him.
  • Options

Loco said:

And their not in a great position financially due to worse than expected attendances this season. No doubt Stephens valuation has dropped since the Villa interest, but no way can Hudds afford what I hope we would want for him.
    350k ?

• Options

Loco said:

350k ?

Surely we want 5 times that?
  • Options
    Villa only offered the same amount of cash as we paid for him, the rest were add ons. I don't think we will get a large fee for him
  • Options

Loco said:

350k ?

Want yes. Get, not a prayer. I would think we would be lucky to get an offer for the 350k. Might get half that up front with some add ons.

• Options
    I think we would take 350K - there is a relatively small window of opportunity to get a fee, although I guess that Dale could go out on loan, impress and then we might get a fee in the January window.

Chris Powell will want some certainty around the position, I'm sure
  • Options

Loco said:

350k ?

Want yes. Get, not a prayer. I would think we would be lucky to get an offer for the 350k. Might get half that up front with some add ons.

I wouldn't take that though, whats the point?
  • Options
    We need money?
  • Options

Loco said:

350k ?

I wouldn't take that though, whats the point?
    I think Dale wants out and he has not really featured in Chris Powells recent teams. Can walk for nothing in a year and is blocking up wages if you assume he won't feature that much.

• Options
    so we accept 175k? Not worth it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!