Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

so we accept 175k? Not worth it.

He's actually costing us money all the time he's not playing. Different if he has a future with us but at this point I can't see that he does.

• Options
    I'd rather take 175k than lose out on a 100k through wages and get nothing for a fee next year.
  • Options

He's actually costing us money all the time he's not playing. Different if he has a future with us but at this point I can't see that he does.

yer true enough I suppose, imo he has the potential to do well, but suppose if he's unsettled aswell he will have to go.
  • Options
    Not dragging at all things are going well

Mark is on hols with the family and when he returns things will continue

Talks going well not too far away from a decision being concluded
  • Options

Remember he is only 24, still time to improve...
  • Options
    No take what we can get for Dale as we will want to use his wages and fee for someone who wants to play for us. Every penny will be vital and a summer of wheeling and dealing can conjure up a playoff contending squad.
  • Options
    AddickBen said:

Won't make it. Sorry.
  • Options

Not dragging at all things are going well

Mark is on hols with the family and when he returns things will continue

Talks going well not too far away from a decision being concluded

Sounds promising. Cheers nla.
  • Options

AddickBen said:

Won't make it. Sorry.
    He already has.
  • Options

AddickBen said:

Won't make it. Sorry.
    He already has.
    With us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd welcome Bailey back. Can't see it though.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

Three championship clubs have bid for Dundee's Johnny Russell. Would like to get someone like him but at £700k I cant see it.

United

• Options
    I really can't see us spending any money on transfer fees. There are going to be a lot of good quality players released this year because of fair play rules. Add the out of contracts and loans and I think that's where we and lots of other clubs will be shopping.
  • Options
    I really can't see us spending any money on transfer fees. There are going to be a lot of good quality players released this year because of fair play rules. Add the out of contracts and loans and I think that's where we and lots of other clubs will be shopping.
  • Options

AddickBen said:

Won't make it. Sorry.
    LOL! He's lazy and he clearly doesn't fit into our team at the moment, but if you can't see the quality and potential that Dale Stephens has then you aren't watching properly.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wagstaff to Barnsley again
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

AddickBen said:

Won't make it. Sorry.
    LOL! He's lazy and he clearly doesn't fit into our team at the moment, but if you can't see the quality and potential that Dale Stephens has then you aren't watching properly.
    Agree he has everything it takes to be a very good footballer but there is obviously something missing from his make up. Not really progressed with us and in fact I think looks worse now than when he came. My comment about not making it was in respect of not making it with us. Well down the pecking order under SCP now and needs to move on. Not sure what he needs to do to get back on track but I think this close season is a very big one for Dale.

• Options
    Not Charlton related ,but I thought some might find this amusing from FR :

28 May 2013 09:13:30
    Swindon Town will lose another 5 players in the next couple of weeks,

Navaro - Coventry free transfer
    Alan Mckormack - Free transfer Millwall
    Nathan Thompson - Leicester 500k
    We Fodderingham - 750k Middlesborough
    Aiden Flint 300k + Add ons Bristol City.

They have tied up Byrne and Adam Rooney should sign in the next week.
  • Options
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but can't see it anywhere. Not a rumour, but does put one ongoing rumour to bed. Judge has gone to Blackburn. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22691556
  • Options

Damn, I was hoping we'd get Judge.

Blackburn Rovers have agreed deals for Chris Taylor and Alan Judge, Sky Sports understands.

Millwall winger Taylor, 26, and Notts County midfielder Judge, 24, both arrive on free transfers after passing medicals with Rovers and will officially sign on July 1st.

The two deals are something of a coup for Rovers, as both players were being chased by Premier League and Championship clubs.

Taylor joins Rovers having spent just one year with Millwall following his move from Oldham Athletic but he impressed at The Den during his stint and has now sealed a deal with Blackburn.

For Judge, he actually returns to the club where he began his career, and he made two cup appearances for the club before leaving for Notts County in 2011.

He has since emerged as one of the most capable midfielders outside the top-flight and Rovers have moved quickly to bring him back to Ewood Park.

I posted it here May 16th. Sorry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree that is very rational appraisal of both the market and CAFC board... having said that I think the club should sign the right players for the squad to step up... now and in January

re Dale Stephens he must be fairly pissed off as his oppirtunity of a bumper pay day came and went... If his situation cannot be turned round then we shouldn't begrudge a move...I can guarantee he will look better in someone elses shirt!

• Options
    Interesting web site just been looking at is www.transfermarkt.co.uk (market without the "e").

Has amounts paid and received for players. Go to the Charlton section, select transfers and pick the particular season you want. It says what each player supposedly cost eg. Dale cost around £300 k, as did Danny Green. And the club got £990k for Jenkinson.

Who knows if it's accurate.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

That Greek chap looks decent. Goals with both feet and his head. Decent hold up play. Running the channels. Reasonably movile. Hard working and tackling. Probably a load of poop for a story but if realistic then worth a punt. Looks like he'd go well with Kermy and/or a pacy striker

Sorry, just not tall enough.
  • Options

Interesting web site just been looking at is www.transfermarkt.co.uk (market without the "e").

Has amounts paid and received for players. Go to the Charlton section, select transfers and pick the particular season you want. It says what each player supposedly cost eg. Dale cost around £300 k, as did Danny Green. And the club got £990k for Jenkinson.

Site reckons we paid the Daggers £264,000 for Paul Benson, and Woking £246,000 for Ross Worner. Seems implausible.

• Options

Damn, I was hoping we'd get Judge.

Blackburn Rovers have agreed deals for Chris Taylor and Alan Judge, Sky Sports understands.

Millwall winger Taylor, 26, and Notts County midfielder Judge, 24, both arrive on free transfers after passing medicals with Rovers and will officially sign on July 1st.

The two deals are something of a coup for Rovers, as both players were being chased by Premier League and Championship clubs.

Taylor joins Rovers having spent just one year with Millwall following his move from Oldham Athletic but he impressed at The Den during his stint and has now sealed a deal with Blackburn.

For Judge, he actually returns to the club where he began his career, and he made two cup appearances for the club before leaving for Notts County in 2011.

He has since emerged as one of the most capable midfielders outside the top-flight and Rovers have moved quickly to bring him back to Ewood Park.

I posted it here May 16th. Sorry.
    Oops, well behind! Sorry.
  • Options

Site reckons we paid the Daggers £264,000 for Paul Benson, and Woking £246,000 for Ross Worner. Seems implausible.

I'm 99% sure we didnt pay 246k for Worner
  • Options

I'm 99% sure we didnt pay 246k for Worner
    He was a Pardew signing remember
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Worner was signed in the summer when Parky was scraping around for cheap signings, Abbott, Francis etc. Worner was released by Powell the following summer - so there's no way we'd have paid that sort of money on a non-league keeper to use as back up. If we did pay a fee like that he'd have got a longer contract.
  • Options
    Think if the 246k is correct then it would only be based on appearances.

Like the 500k we only paid for Francis Jeffers.
  • Options
    Stop making things up, it was 2.6 million and you know it. ;o)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!