Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• edited June 2013
    cfgs said:

just noticed this on Twitter, according to his bio the bloke saying this is a journalist for the Telegraph...

Duncan Castles @duncanscastles 1h

Big season for Chris Powell at @CAFCofficial. Gower in and potentially Forrester and Obika to follow suit shortly #cafc

Is Harry Forrester any good?

nice find btw.
  • cfgs said:

just noticed this on Twitter, according to his bio the bloke saying this is a journalist for the Telegraph...

Big season for Chris Powell at @CAFCofficial. Gower in and potentially Forrester and Obika to follow suit shortly #cafc

nice find btw.
    Whenever I have seen Brentford he has come off the bench, as for the find.... it was easy, it was the cafc #.

• cfgs said:

nice find btw.
    I've heard Forrester can be excellent on his day.

• cfgs said:

Sorry to burst the bubble here (as acutally I quite rate Forrester) but I think this is a fake account - the correct account I believe is @ducancastles and he works The Times
  • Bubble said:

cfgs said:

Sorry to burst the bubble here (as acutally I quite rate Forrester) but I think this is a fake account - the correct account I believe is @ducancastles and he works The Times
    Yeah I believe you're right. Saying that Palace are going to pay £18 mill for a player was a small clue :0)
  • cfgs said:

Can't find that anywhere ?
  • edited June 2013
    sammy391 said:

cfgs said:

Can't find that anywhere ?

Looks like it is a fake account though. A bit weird if you ask me. Here's the real bloke: https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles

A bit more digging shows this: scroll down to see it's fake.
  • Love that Bubble realised it was a fake account then said "Sorry to burst the bubble here....."
  • cfgs said:

Love that Bubble realised it was a fake account then said "Sorry to burst the bubble here....."

:)

Least he put some effort into our tweet - Steve Clarke to Bayern Munich!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:

cfgs said:

Love that Bubble realised it was a fake account then said "Sorry to burst the bubble here....."

:)

Least he put some effort into our tweet - Steve Clarke to Bayern Munich!
    to be honest I saw the cafc tweet, his bio and nothing else. Note to self quantify any tweet by looking at others by the same individual
  • Some stuff off the twatter:

Football Agent Jim ‏@agent_itk33 5h
    I'm being told Charlton have signed Nicky Bailey. #CAFC

FL Rumours ‏@FL_Rumours 6h
    Chris Solly is being looked at by numerous championship and premier league clubs, I presume he will not go for cheap #cafc
  • Mark and nicky are great pals i will ask him
  • Scott Wagstaff signing for Bristol Rovers apparently...
  • I know some on here dislike Bailey because of that penalty, however he has played at this level for four years and would bring that experience to our squad. The only thing that annoyed me was his rolling on the floor like a Bayern player.

Doubt it is true.
  • His Mrs' is laughing at rumours that Bailey is coming back, she says they're still up in Boro
  • I wont bother asking then well done deebee
  • Would take NB back in a heartbeat. One of the few players of his era with us to come out with any credit. So he missed a penalty. Every penalty taker does. Would add quality and goals. I don't however believe a word of it.
  • Would take NB back in a heartbeat. One of the few players of his era with us to come out with any credit. So he missed a penalty. Every penalty taker does. Would add quality and goals. I don't however believe a word of it.

This.

4 goals in 98 appearances since joining the boro. Not that impressive really is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Playing as a dm there. Think we've moved on though and can't see it happening.

4 goals in 98 appearances since joining the boro. Not that impressive really is it?
    To be fair, playing in a very defensive role under Mowbray.
  • I'm not sure about Bailey. I'd be happy enough if he re-signed but i also wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't. As people have said his goal tally at Boro is down to a different role played there. He would add goals to our midfield and if his defensive capabilities have improved then all the better, but does make yo wonder why Boro let him go. Scored some cracking goals for us when he was here before. i was just disappointed more with when he left than the penalty miss.

Mate of mine who is a Leyton Orient fan said he was close to signing for them. He told me that 4 days ago. I doubted that at the time also.
  • Not interested in Bailey at all. Boro can keep him.
  • Not interested in Bailey at all. Boro can keep him.

That's that then who shall we run down next Ronaldo ?
  • 4 bowman said:

Not interested in Bailey at all. Boro can keep him.

Already been done on other threads. Messi is the only untouched player

• Messi is too small
  • 4 bowman said:

Not interested in Bailey at all. Boro can keep him.

Hardly running him down. I agree with TRR. Bailey was Bailey but we and he have moved on.
  • Bailey was fine for Charlton. It was a step up for him when he joined and he was one of the few players in the Pardew/Parkinson relegation season that looked up to it. He carried the goal-threat for the team the following season and I couldn't give a rub about one penalty in a shoot-out. He was a major factor in getting to the play-offs in the first place.

Boro changed his role (which seemed weird to me at the time) but apparently he adapted to it pretty well. IF he were to return to Charlton, he could play left-mid, if we wanted to keep it narrow but still offer a goal threat or he could play as one of a central 3 in midfield with say Gower and Jackson.

Somehow we do have to squeeze a few more goals out of our midfield, in case Jackson gets injured or loses form.
  • Simonsen said:

Bailey was fine for Charlton. It was a step up for him when he joined and he was one of the few players in the Pardew/Parkinson relegation season that looked up to it. He carried the goal-threat for the team the following season and I couldn't give a rub about one penalty in a shoot-out. He was a major factor in getting to the play-offs in the first place.

Boro changed his role (which seemed weird to me at the time) but apparently he adapted to it pretty well. IF he were to return to Charlton, he could play left-mid, if we wanted to keep it narrow but still offer a goal threat or he could play as one of a central 3 in midfield with say Gower and Jackson.

Somehow we do have to squeeze a few more goals out of our midfield, in case Jackson gets injured or loses form.

Very good points, Simonsen, and I recall his cracking volley from well outside the box at home to Wolves. But it worries me that Boro - who are no great shakes - are letting him go.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!