Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• I'd sign him at all cost personally as I think he'd really improve us and I think he really cared.
  • I heard about a month ago, and think I posted on here, that we had talks with Whitehead albeit from an unreliable source
  • I heard a rumour this was a rumours thread, then I opened it and realised it was the 1000th shall we get Bailey back thread, and the closest thing to a rumour was that Stoke have released some players and a few people would like us to sign them!
  • I heard a rumour this was a rumours thread, then I opened it and realised it was the 1000th shall we get Bailey back thread, and the closest thing to a rumour was that Stoke have released some players and a few people would like us to sign them!

Source?

The closest thing to a rumour was probably the Twitter rumour that Bailey had signed for Charlton.
  • edited June 2013
  • Well I did see Bailey in Nandos in Greenwich Village about a month and a half ago. But that means nothing.

It means he likes over-rated food in New York
  • Pennant chipped in with the most assists for Stoke in the Prem.

During his two appearances? Really? Surprised they didn't play him more.

I think we've had enough players living off the back of a poor champions league final with the mickeys. At least Djimmi won his.

I think we've had enough players living off the back of a poor champions league final with the mickeys. At least Djimmi won his.

Pennant played a lot more than 2 games for Stoke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jaddick said:

I'm sure you mean CM rather than CH, but he couldn't get a single game in his year at Bolton in a pretty mediocre team. Went out to Bury on loan and then couldn't even make the Bolton reserves when he went back. I wasn't impressed when we were linked with him when he was still at rangers and even less so now.
  • 06 Jun 2013 06:28:17
    Cheltenham are ready to throw a lifeline to left winger Salim Kerkar, who has just been released by Charlton.

06 Jun 2013 03:41:16
    Oldham set to sign the following players by the end of next week:
    Ryan Lowe (mk dons)
    Bradley wrightphillips (charlton)
    Gavin Williams (Yeovil)
    Korey smith (Norwich)
    Brian murphey (qpr)

05 Jun 2013 22:18:43
    Oh nicky bailey! signing a 2 year deal with charlton when he comes off holiday! danny hollands to swindon and stephans 1.4 mil to aston villa, mark gower already signed

• 06 Jun 2013 06:28:17
    Cheltenham are ready to throw a lifeline to left winger Salim Kerkar, who has just been released by Charlton.

06 Jun 2013 03:41:16
    Oldham set to sign the following players by the end of next week:
    Ryan Lowe (mk dons)
    Bradley wrightphillips (charlton)
    Gavin Williams (Yeovil)
    Korey smith (Norwich)
    Brian murphey (qpr)

05 Jun 2013 22:18:43
    Oh nicky bailey! signing a 2 year deal with charlton when he comes off holiday! danny hollands to swindon and stephans 1.4 mil to aston villa, mark gower already signed

All seems credible until 1.4 million for Dale Stephens to Villa.

• Wayne Bridge signing for Reading..

Really? You should write to the BBC and the FA to tell them they've got their stats wrong. How did you work out he was their top assist merchant, or was that just pure guesswork?

Former Arsenal winger Pennant, 30, who was once a £6.7m signing for Liverpool and played in the side beaten 2-1 by AC Milan in the 2007 Champions League final, joined Stoke from Spanish side Real Zaragoza.

He initially joined on loan, in 2010 and played in their FA Cup final defeat by Manchester City in 2011.

But he made just two appearances for the Potters last season - both in August - and spent three months of the campaign on loan with Wolves in the Championship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22798467
  • The Daily Mail says Norwich are interested in Shelvey.
    dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337134/Norwich-City-enquiry-Liverpools-Jonjo-Shelvey.html?ico=sport%5Emostread
    Would we be due any sell-on money if that were to happen?
  • edited June 2013

Pennant chipped in with the most assists for Stoke in the Prem.

Really? You should write to the BBC and the FA to tell them they've got their stats wrong. How did you work out he was their top assist merchant, or was that just pure guesswork?

Former Arsenal winger Pennant, 30, who was once a £6.7m signing for Liverpool and played in the side beaten 2-1 by AC Milan in the 2007 Champions League final, joined Stoke from Spanish side Real Zaragoza.

He initially joined on loan, in 2010 and played in their FA Cup final defeat by Manchester City in 2011.

But he made just two appearances for the Potters last season - both in August - and spent three months of the campaign on loan with Wolves in the Championship.

He was the top assist maker for Stoke in the Premier League since he arrived with 14. So in the time he was at the club nobody else made more assists that doesn't mean that last season he was the top assist maker.
  • Heard Parker is a big Target for Sunderland.
  • edited June 2013

Pennant chipped in with the most assists for Stoke in the Prem.

Pennant played more than one season at Stoke. :-)

It would be possible if we really wanted him but I don't think Powell is likely to be interested.
  • Sponsored links:

Opta stats. I'm not talking about just last season, I'm reffering to his Stoke career.
  • So opta stats suggest he's got the most assists for Stoke in the Premiership?

Seems unlikely, but I'm not saying he's not a decent player.
  • He also got the most assists in the league when he played for brum, which is why liverpool signed him, I believe.
  • Not a single player on that list is on our shopping list I'm sorry to say.
  • DJCambell would be good and Gary ONeil if Solly gets pulled.
    Perhaps Millwall will take Hulse')-
    or Palarse Bostock...
  • Not a single player on that list is on our shopping list I'm sorry to say.

Why? Fuller was released from a Prem club. No reason why we might not be considering another older player like him, or a young player that couldn't break into the first team.
  • Scoham said:

Not a single player on that list is on our shopping list I'm sorry to say.

Why? Fuller was released from a Prem club. No reason why we might not be considering another older player like him, or a young player that couldn't break into the first team.
    So was Mark Gower....
  • Forgot Frazer Richardson was at Southampton - would have him back if the unthinkable happened, would prob still be on L1ish wages.
  • Simeon Jackson and Danny Simpson would be good. Big wages and lots of competition I would think.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!