Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs, and the demise of.

Comments

• Options
    You don’t seem to be proving much of an attraction Elfie :-) 
    He wouldn't get a look in with Les Dennis being in town.
  • Options

@talalsrightfoot would not approve, also equivalent of two pints totalling £1.80
    He'd walk out :)
  • Options

@talalsrightfoot would not approve, also equivalent of two pints totalling £1.80
    He'd walk out :)
    No i would drink there. As its foreign i can come back to the UK and speak to neighbours and co-workers with an air of superiority that i went somewhere authentic. I would however buy a couple rounds for everyone so they knew money wasnt an issue for me.
  • Options
    https://www.ft.com/content/ecc6f2ef-b4ea-4c82-b909-4ac17eebc703

I found this a good read so far though only half way through. What does wet led actually mean? 

I’m lucky that I now have two decent locals with the Star and the Herbert both thriving. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I found this a good read so far though only half way through. What does wet led actually mean? 

I’m lucky that I now have two decent locals with the Star and the Herbert both thriving. 
    Probably keeping them going single handed B.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I can’t access that article but “wet led” means a pub where the majority of sales and the main objective is the sale of alcohol, as opposed to “dry led” where food is the main driver of revenue (and hopefully margin).
  • Options
    The Vanbrugh in Greenwich is back as... the Duke of Greenwich 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CunIU8DsMEr/?hl=es
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    The Vanbrugh in Greenwich is back as... the Duke of Greenwich 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CunIU8DsMEr/?hl=es
    Always good to see a pub come back to life.

But not sure about the name change. Too similar to the "Prince of Greenwich" really, which was also a name change to try to pick up and play on the "Greenwich" name - although at least that one is in Greenwich!

Anyway, good luck to them!
  • Options
    Charlton has never been the most inspiring of places to live.
  • Options
    how long did you live there?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    R0TW said:
    how long did you live there?
    Never, the nearest I got to living there was in '75, lived on Lee Church Street off Lee High Road.  For a period 30 seconds from Richie Bowman.

• Options
    So in that case why comment you fucking moron.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    R0TW said:

No need for the poor language you nasty person.....and the insult.
  • Options
    The insult started with you slagging Charlton off.
  • Options
    R0TW said:

I did not swear and a personal insult, that always loses the argument.  Anyway, I was brought up in Catford and realise that is a toilet and would not get on the defensive.
  • Options
    R0TW said:

I did not swear and a personal insult, that always loses the argument.  Anyway, I was brought up in Catford and realise that is a toilet and would not get on the defensive.
    Tbf mate, you do need swearing at sometimes.
     :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you live the best part of your life in an area, have many friends and family who live there, plus a team you support that come from there, it gives you a sense of pride.
    Coming from the Ferrier, the place is a heaven for me.
    Just a degree of patriotism.
    Sorry if you feel offended, but have had many good times in Charlton, and seen a few good men pass.
    You touched a nerve, nothing more sinister than that.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    R0TW said:
    When you live the best part of your life in an area, have many friends and family who live there, plus a team you support that come from there, it gives you a sense of pride.
    Coming from the Ferrier, the place is a heaven for me.
    Just a degree of patriotism.
    Sorry if you feel offended, but have had many good times in Charlton, and seen a few good men pass.
    You touched a nerve, nothing more sinister than that.

I was not offended, conversations should be kept civilised.  Although @clb74 was not altogether wrong with his post.

@ROTW, I accept your apology, friends again :)
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    R0TW said:

I come from Catford and now you've insulted me #metoo 😁

Well, tbf I was brought up opposite Catford nick, that is strictly Bellingham.  The posh end of Catford ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    R0TW said:

No need for that fella. 

We all have a deep affection for Charlton. But equally some of us can plainly see it's not paradise.
  • Options
    A lot of people are very defensive of where they live or come from , I don't see a problem.

• Options
    Bloody hell I didn’t know that place existed?! I’ve just read the reviews. I won’t be getting my glad rags on to stroll down Westmoor street. Sounds a right rip off. 

• Options
    clb74 said:
    A lot of people are very defensive of where they live or come from , I don't see a problem.

Shut it.
    Palace mug.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Shut it.
    Palace mug.

He's loving living in Shirley.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Shut it.
    Palace mug.

He's loving living in Shirley.
    Shirley’s a bit sore though