Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I heard a rumour
    Erhun Otzumer
    He played for Wanderers
    But they didn't pay
    So he left Bolton
    To play for Charlton
    Please don't take our Erhun away
    Nah nah nah nah nah
  • Options
    How does that Dulwich Hamlet song go? I can only remember one line, I heard a  rumour, Erhun Oztumer. It might catch on.
    To the chap on the other thread who said I was wrong that we were notoriously bad composers, it’s stuff like this that gives us that rep. 
  • Options
    That's brilliant I hope it catches on. It will be a big boost to him if this became a cult song that caught on. Like Williams he is a flair player and they feed off love from the crowd. By the way it would be good if Jonnie had a better song like Lyall has with Just can't get enough.
  • Options

When you need a play
    That'll win the day
    Who you gonna call
    OZ-TU-MER!!

(I ain't afraid of no Scum)

• Options
    Hope this is correct but I feel this is an upgrade on Aribo. Certainly for now.
    I hope so too but he's definitely, definitely not. Aribo is different gravy.
    Think Aribo is on the launchpad of something but right now I think Erhun will be just as effective for us as Aribo. I still think that moving to Scotland was a mistake. He needed Championship football to push on, not more league one standard games. 
  • Options
    How does that Dulwich Hamlet song go? I can only remember one line, I heard a  rumour, Erhun Oztumer. It might catch on.
    To the chap on the other thread who said I was wrong that we were notoriously bad composers, it’s stuff like this that gives us that rep. 

How many truly original songs are there. All football crowds are magpies.
  • Options

How many truly original songs are there. All football crowds are magpies.
    Funny analogy because most off the "new" songs come from Newcastle.

September, don't take me home, even Will Giggs on fire. 
  • Options
    Surely with Oztumer and our soon to be new owners it should simply be “ozzy,ozzy,ozzy,oy,oy,oy”

welcome Erhun, good signing and nice to see a couple of years.
  • Options
    He's the greatest Turk man in the league
    He's only a little 5 foot 3
    He scores them from the left 
    He scores them from the right
    Errrrrhun Oztumer

To the tune of Macarena 

I'll get my coat..

In all seriousness, proper chuffed with this signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard a rumour
    About Otzumer
    He came from Turkey
    To bring us joy
    He's 5 foot 2
    He's pink and blue
    Please don't take our Erhun away

He was at Dulwich for their 2-2 draw with Concord Rangers today, btw.
  • Options
    That's very good but @ Henry Irving's lyrics just shade it.
  • Options
    We're off  to see the wizard,
    the wonderful wizard of Oz.......tumer.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    The plan was Erhan in and Albie out on loan
    Did anyone else try reading that to the tune of "Hokey Cokey"?

No? Just me then ...
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Good signing but maybe we could sign some defenders?
    We need a Right-Back but thats it in Defence
    We have no right or left back cover from what I can see? Page won't be playing.

Sarr and Oshilaja are all we've got.
    I imagine we'll either find someone who covers both Right and Left Full Back positions (Like what RedChaser suggests)

Or if both Purrington / Page are injured then we'll switch to three at the back and play slightly differently
    This and if Hemed doesn't get to play we need someone else up top because on Tuesdays showing and his own admission Bonne is not ready. Five full backs is definitely a luxury we can do without.
    We have two fit full backs at present - not sure why you're going on about five? Page can't be relied on. We only have Sarr and Oshilaja as back up and they are primarily centre backs.

Bonne had next to no service against Forest Green so it's ludicrous to judge him on that. He would have won the game for us if JFC hadn't insisted on taking and missing the penalty.

We will struggle in the Championship if LB doesn't make defence more of a priority. I'm not convinced three at the back is a viable option with the players we have.
    Maybe his plan is just to score more goals than we let in.
  • Options
    The guys on CL who thought he could be included straight away have no idea about fitness in the modern game. Good to hear Bowyer sensible words about getting Erhun up to speed. If it takes two or 3 weeks before he is sharp enough to make the bench, then so be it. The Bolton situation would have affected his mind and well as his fitness.  Bowyer will decide when Otzumer can join the 18 man squad.
    RE: His fitness I think what most were unsure of was whether he'd had enough of a pre-season @ Bolton
  • Options
    It helps when the first eleven are playing well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench for the Forest game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It helps when the first eleven are playing well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench for the Forest game.
    I would be, Muttley.

Bowyer said last night that he needs to assess Oztumer's fitness, make sure his head is right after his Bolton debacle and integrate him properly into the way the squad plays.

There's no rush right now and that he won't be considered for the Forest game. Or something like that.

Check the OS, VP or SLP/London on Line for actual quotes. 

• Options
    Suspect both Kayal and Oztumer will be ready after the international break.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Ah the super fun international break. About the only good thing with league one was still having a game on. 
    What's the problem? England have two mouth watering home games against Bulgaria and Kosovo...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Ah the super fun international break. About the only good thing with league one was still having a game on. 
    You are forgetting the Chekatrade trophy!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Except, of course, we had a break every international break last season, due to international call ups!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Except, of course, we had a break every international break last season, due to international call ups!
    Haha, true! 
  • Options
    The guys on CL who thought he could be included straight away have no idea about fitness in the modern game. Good to hear Bowyer sensible words about getting Erhun up to speed. If it takes two or 3 weeks before he is sharp enough to make the bench, then so be it. The Bolton situation would have affected his mind and well as his fitness.  Bowyer will decide when Otzumer can join the 18 man squad.
    He played in Bolton's first league game this season so i guess most people thought he was already match fit. 
  • Options
    He played in Bolton's first league game this season so i guess most people thought he was already match fit. 
    Not Charlton fit ;-)