Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t you see?  He signed for us, done deal, due to be announced shortly, at the training ground, 4 weeks ago and then again 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Apparently Bolton players can walk this week if not paid. According to Alan Nixon Sun 

Bolton are due a Premier League payment on August 1. About 375k. That goes into the pot. Do they get paid to play this weekend? Would they play? They won’t get back pay until there’s a takeover. But if NOT paid those who put in notice can walk at end of week.

Surely the administrators will ensure that contracted players are paid something as a priority to ensure they cannot just walk away.
    They need to be paid up to date (in full) to keep their contracts alive and Bolton don't have enough money to do this.
  • Options
    Is he hanging around at Bolton in the hope of getting paid his outstanding monies? Surely he can claim whatever he’s owed even once he has left? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Is he hanging around at Bolton in the hope of getting paid his outstanding monies? Surely he can claim whatever he’s owed even once he has left? 
    Think he is only allowed to leave this week. If Bolton go bust he won’t get anything. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If Bolton are getting a Premier League payment of £345k and it is reported they owe one player £500k in unpaid wages, i'm not sure how he or any other player is going to get what is owed. I don't know, but I assume the club can't pay everybody it owes and if you want your money in full, you may need to be as high up the list as possible. Still being an employee of the club may put you higher up the list.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Bowyer should nonchalantly ask Roland to cough up the unpaid £50k to speed up the transfer. The old bastard would probably have a seizure on the spot 😀. 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    se9addick said:
    Think he is only allowed to leave this week. If Bolton go bust he won’t get anything. 
    A right, thanks, for some reason I thought a player could walk away if they hadn’t been paid for two weeks or more.
  • Options
    To be fair to Oztumer would you leave one sinking (sunken) ship to go to a club with an owner like ours?
  • Options
    Bowyer should nonchalantly ask Roland to cough up the unpaid £50k to speed up the transfer. The old bastard would probably have a seizure on the spot 😀. 
    £50,000 doesn’t even cover half of what Oztumer is owed by Bolton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    To be fair to Oztumer would you leave one sinking (sunken) ship to go to a club with an owner like ours?
    Yeah I would. RD is a whole heap of things - but he does pay the wages
    At the moment. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    £50,000 doesn’t even cover half of what Oztumer is owed by Bolton.

Great. Tell him that afterwards to finish him off. 
  • Options
    As others have said, this positoon seems like it could be legally challenged ie fpr the period he was owed money for he was a football creditor
  • Options
    Yeah, don’t think in any other industry you could go 5 months without being paid and still made to work. 
  • Options
    Problem for Erhun and Josh is the fact that if they cant leave the club before the window closes then they've surely got to stay @ Bolton until January

After all no other club will be allowed to sign them as they'd have been contracted players when the window closed
  • Options
    But surely if they are not paid in full, the contract is void.
  • Options
    Problem for Erhun and Josh is the fact that if they cant leave the club before the window closes then they've surely got to stay @ Bolton until January

After all no other club will be allowed to sign them as they'd have been contracted players when the window closed
    An excellent point, and one I assume they will be making.
  • Options
    Well exactly, its bolton breaking the contract, not them.
  • Options

I agree in theory but I think something will be done. There will be uproar if a precedent is set here that you can not get paid and be ‘blackmailed’ or forced into staying to get your money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    I hope his notice period expires before next week in which he moves he moves on and his pay dispute becomes a retrospective albeit ongoing matter. If it doesn’t, something will need to be done as this cannot surely be allowed to happen. 
  • Options
    Employment and player registration two different things
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    If he gets his Bolton thing “sorted” eventually, presumably we can sign him up after the window has closed as a free agent?  Might get him just in time for Jonny’s first injury. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I wonder if this would then be the next Bosman type "unfair football employment" case? Potentially I can see a challenge to the transfer window rules preventing Bolton players from playing for another club if Bolton hold on to their registrations until after August 8th
  • Options
    Employment contact, sure thing.

Registration, no idea, would seem not.
  • Options
    If he gets his Bolton thing “sorted” eventually, presumably we can sign him up after the window has closed as a free agent?  Might get him just in time for Jonny’s first injury. 
    You need to be a free agent when the window closes, if you're released after, tough luck.
  • Options
    You need to be a free agent when the window closes, if you're released after, tough luck.
    Cheers. I hadn’t realised that. He’s basically stuffed then. Hope his lawyers sort something. 
  • Options
    Players will be well chuffed. 

Not paid for 5 months, forced to stay, can't imagine they'll be giving their all come the first game of the season.

Can they not just refuse to play until they're paid?