Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    the efl help an owner out who has publicly slagged them off - cant see it myself. 

but yes would snap him up send a few out on loan and replace them with proven qaulity
  • Options
    He's welcome if you ask me.
  • Options
    He's walked out and become a free agent after the deadline, so unless i'm mistaken his options are:

1. Go to league 1
    2. Go abroad
    3. Sign for a championship side but can't play until January.

I sense he will end up at a top league 1 side.
    I actually agree he will go League one (werent Sunderland interested in January) but wouldn’t be totally surprised if the EFL allow him to join a Champ club. 

Probably be near Christmas when they decide mind. 
    I am probably wrong, but I thought that the league 1 permanent signing window was the same as premier league / championship, but they kept the loan window open till the end of the month?
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:
    He's walked out and become a free agent after the deadline, so unless i'm mistaken his options are:

1. Go to league 1
    2. Go abroad
    3. Sign for a championship side but can't play until January.

I sense he will end up at a top league 1 side.
    I actually agree he will go League one (werent Sunderland interested in January) but wouldn’t be totally surprised if the EFL allow him to join a Champ club. 

Probably be near Christmas when they decide mind. 
    I am probably wrong, but I thought that the league 1 permanent signing window was the same as premier league / championship, but they kept the loan window open till the end of the month?
    Looks like League One / League Two teams can still buy players

Ipswich this morning have had a bid accepted for that Colchester Right-Back that Charlton and Luton were after
  • Options
    Looks like League One / League Two teams can still buy players

Ipswich this morning have had a bid accepted for that Colchester Right-Back that Charlton and Luton were after
    That's a good local move for the player. He won't even have to move house.

• Options
    If he handed in his notice/intent to terminate the contract pre deadline day, would that make any difference?
  • Options
    If he handed in his notice/intent to terminate the contract pre deadline day, would that make any difference?
    If he can't that's ridiculous because effectively the EFL's lack of action has meant he now has to go another 4 months without pay because he can't go and work until January.

The fact he has walked away leads me to believe he has something lined up
  • Options
    I’m guessing that our interest waned when we signed Leko, Field and Kayal. Hope I’m wrong but I doubt he’ll be signing for us.
  • Options
    Frankly the rules regarding player registration in situations like the Bolton one need to be reviewed and changed. The FA should have no right to insist that Clubs like Bolton in this case, can retain the players registration despite not having paid the player for five months. I don’t see any reason why a player shouldn’t be able to give a months notice and then walk after wages are not forthcoming for perhaps say two months. I also think that contracts terminated in this fashion should be deemed outside any transfer window stipulations. 

In essence the FA is really not fit for purpose in pretty much everything they do. I really don’t understand why the PFA don’t get off their arses and start laying down the law on player rights. A few hinted strikes would soon have the FA running for cover and the biggest clubs applying pressure on the useless twats.  
    Yet some people believe players should ditch their agents and rely on the PFA, madness.
  • Options
    Everyone saying we don't need him forget a few of our players are injury prone, especially JW who he would be a great understudy for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta feel sorry for the guy terrible situation hour him and the rest of the Bolton players to be in and to make it worse we've filled his position
  • Options
    Cullen/Pratley
    Kayal, Gallagher, Field, Williams
    Aneke/Oztumer

Sexy midfield that, and get rid of JFC, Morgan and Lapslie on loan. 

Or use Aneke up top (if we don't get Hemed) and keep either JFC/Morgan. 
  • Options
    So Otzumer has not signed for anyone else today... 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Perhaps he's travelling from Bolton today and caught up in gridlock on the M6, like everybody else?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Perhaps he's travelling from Bolton today and caught up in gridlock on the M6, like everybody else?

Yeh flaming road that is with the smart motorway upgrades still going on, almost as bad as the A30 into the the land of the Cornish  ;).
  • Options

ERHUN Oztumer has quit Bolton Wanderers after ripping up the final year of his contract.

The diminutive playmaker requested a free transfer last month but was turned down by administrators and forced to go to an appeal.

That case was heard yesterday as the club’s future was also being decided in the courts, and the 28-year-old has now been granted permission to start up elsewhere.

Charlton Athletic have been strongly linked with Oztumer’s services over the summer having narrowly failed to land him on loan in January. Sources in South London claim Lee Bowyer is only looking to add a right-back to his ranks before the deadline on September 2 – but news of the former Peterborough United and Walsall midfielder’s availability could now tempt him into an offer.

Oztumer started just 10 games in total for Wanderers, including the opening day defeat at Wycombe.

He scored on debut against Leeds United in the Carabao Cup last season but struggled to fit into Phil Parkinson’s formation in the weeks and months afterwards.

“I felt like I’d given the gaffer something to think about,” he told The Bolton News this summer.

“After a few more sub appearances I came into the side when we started losing games, so it was difficult to adapt.

“I felt like when I came into the team there were a lot of tactical changes. We were trying to work the ball out from the back a bit more but it didn’t quite come for us and I was first in line to be dropped.

“The gaffer was great, very honest. He wasn’t blaming me, or anything like that, it was just that when I played I hadn’t quite had that finishing touch.”

Oztumer picked up a knee injury after the Wycombe game and was not available for the home clash with Coventry City or Tuesday’s Carabao Cup defeat at Rochdale.

His departure leaves Wanderers with just Remi Matthews, Ben Alnwick, Jason Lowe and Luke Murphy in the senior ranks, alongside summer signing James Weir.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Swisdom said:
    If he can't that's ridiculous because effectively the EFL's lack of action has meant he now has to go another 4 months without pay because he can't go and work until January.

He doesn't have to at all. He can still be signed can't he. He just won't be able to be played til January. No different really to an injured player, still paid.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Swisdom said:

He doesn't have to at all. He can still be signed can't he. He just won't be able to be played til January. No different really to an injured player, still paid.
    This where the EFL have to admit some culpability and make exceptions.  They know what was going on and were party to it all, including the non-payment to players and the stipulation that if he left before agreement he would potentially lose his outstanding pay due - so, effectively unable to move...
  • Options
    yes you would think given there was an appeal necessary which took him past the transfer window that he would exceptionally be allowed to sign as a free agent
  • Options
    and guess what if he couldn't play for the club of his choice... he will lose out.... on money !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Confirmed...!
  • Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Options
    Nice little start to the day
  • Options
    So who the heck is our starting midfield ?