Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erhun Oztumer (pg.24 on loan to Bristol Rovers)

Comments

• Options
    Players will be well chuffed. 

Not paid for 5 months, forced to stay, can't imagine they'll be giving their all come the first game of the season.

Can they not just refuse to play until they're paid?
    They already have and may well do so again.
  • Options
    Oztumer has left Bolton this morning. Thing is, would he get in our team now? I doubt it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oztumer has left Bolton this morning. Thing is, would he get in our team now? I doubt it. 
    Does he need to wait until January to join a club? Or will he just go and join a scottish/foreign/league 1 side?
  • Options
    Does he need to wait until January to join a club? Or will he just go and join a scottish/foreign/league 1 side?
    If he still hasn't been paid maybe his contract and therefore registration can be deemed to have ended months ago and he might be free to join us.  But doubt it.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Frankly the rules regarding player registration in situations like the Bolton one need to be reviewed and changed. The FA should have no right to insist that Clubs like Bolton in this case, can retain the players registration despite not having paid the player for five months. I don’t see any reason why a player shouldn’t be able to give a months notice and then walk after wages are not forthcoming for perhaps say two months. I also think that contracts terminated in this fashion should be deemed outside any transfer window stipulations. 

In essence the FA is really not fit for purpose in pretty much everything they do. I really don’t understand why the PFA don’t get off their arses and start laying down the law on player rights. A few hinted strikes would soon have the FA running for cover and the biggest clubs applying pressure on the useless twats.  
  • Options
    I'd still take him
  • Options
    I don’t think we really need anymore attacking midfielders, I’d much rather use those wages for Lyle Taylor’s contract
  • Options
    I really hope we do sign him. Far better option right now than a good handful of our players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could use Oztumer as the CAM and Aneke up top. 
  • Options

Moo said:
    Another local lad who was at Wembley and the playoff games. He obviously cares for the club and would give everything.  

No idea why Bolton signed him. Doesn’t suit their style of play at all.  On a free he is about the best we can get. 

He might not now but it's only August. By the end of September, he'll be needed.
  • Options
    No news on where he’s going though 
  • Options
    Wonder if we moved on (hence signing Kayal) what with this dragging
  • Options
    cant sign him as was a free agent after deadline. 
  • Options
    Kayal and Oztumer are completely different types of players 
  • Options
    cant sign him as was a free agent after deadline. 
    Might be an exception seeing he'd handed in his notice prior to the window closing
  • Options
    Sollied said:
    But if we dont have the budget for both...
  • Options
    Would be ironic (and not beyond the realms of possibility) that @Redhenry was correct all along and it is a done deal..... and we were just waiting for him to exit Bolton when we can sign him as a free agent. With his goal scoring record pre Bolton, I reckon he would be seen as a number 10 option off Lyle rather than an alternative to our midfield core 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sollied said:
    But if we dont have the budget for both...

We're not signing Callum Harriott so maybe there's a couple of quid left......
  • Options
    We are bound to pick up injuries / players lose form, i hope we sign him.
  • Options
    I wonder if the reason he featured in their first game and not after that was that the first game was before the transfer window closed. It may be that he didn't play after that in order to keep himself available to move to any club when the paperwork was all sorted.
  • Options
    Read elsewhere that he could be signed till 2 Sept, no idea if this is correct 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I think we’ve got more chance of signing him rather than Hemed, do it Lee!
  • Options
    Given the mess at Bolton, non-payment of players and contracts 'frozen' until ownership resolved - there must be special allowances for players to find new roles outside of the window, especially if they were not allowed to move inside the window.
  • Options
    Poor old EFL with all this pressure on them from the Hemed and Oztumer transfers to deal with  >:).
  • Options
    He's walked out and become a free agent after the deadline, so unless i'm mistaken his options are:

1. Go to league 1
    2. Go abroad
    3. Sign for a championship side but can't play until January.

I sense he will end up at a top league 1 side.
  • Options
    Would be a great option to have as something different, and let us loan out Albie to get far more first team football somewhere else. Guess we can't register him though unless we signed and instantly loaned him out til Jan?

Got a lot of midfielders, but most are on loan so would be good to have someone permanent on the books
  • Options
    He's walked out and become a free agent after the deadline, so unless i'm mistaken his options are:

1. Go to league 1
    2. Go abroad
    3. Sign for a championship side but can't play until January.

I sense he will end up at a top league 1 side.
    I actually agree he will go League one (werent Sunderland interested in January) but wouldn’t be totally surprised if the EFL allow him to join a Champ club. 

Probably be near Christmas when they decide mind.