Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EAST KENT ADDICKS

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, no report from us as we didn't go. We won't be going again as we are not happy with the secrecy stuff.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

any stories?

Would be nice - but last time EKA had a meeting it was 'silent' afterwards...!

Their choice.

They didn't plug the meeting here so no obligation to follow up here either IMO

Personally I think that is missing a trick as if people get a feeling of what these meetings are like then they are more likely to attend next time.

Also one of the club's aims of sending players out to these meetings is to build better relations between the Club/players and the fans so reports afterwards help to spread to more than just the people there.

But the supporters' groups are all independent and, quite rightly, can do things their own way.
  • Options
    I'm going to set up a Proper East Kent Addicks (not Ashford) branch meeting in Ramsgate, with former chief executives and directors as guests. But I'm not going to tell anyone about it ... Damn!
  • Options

I'm going to set up a Proper East Kent Addicks (not Ashford) branch meeting in Ramsgate, with former chief executives and directors as guests. But I'm not going to tell anyone about it ... Damn!

I know the general manager at Ebbsfleet. I could ask him if he'd let you have a meeting room cheap.

• Options
    We were told not to tell..
  • Options
    Was it Slater's leaving do?
  • Options
    JT said:

We were told not to tell..

Shame...and quite pathetic, really.

• Options
    No doubt some things said last night were in confidence.

But surely there was much that can be told - the banter, dressing room and training ground stuff, and of general player, team and club interest?

Using their discretion, the other supporters groups manage to do so.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

now im in Sittingbourne ive seen plenty of cafc shirts/car stickers in the town and also on the isle of Sheppey is there any supporters club round here as ashford is still tricky to get too on a week night, anyone on here from Sittingbourne, Sheppey rainham (len glover I know you are near rainham) Whitstable ect know of anything?

I second this! Supporters club meeting nearer sittingbourne please? :-)
    Sittingbourne is rather far, nice little "Con club" in Minster would welcome the custom ;)
  • Options
    they can't say anything as they're special and a proper clique
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't get it, why say all Charlton and football fans welcome then keep it hush hush? If it were an exclusive ticket only thing I'd understand, strange!
  • Options

I know the general manager at Ebbsfleet. I could ask him if he'd let you have a meeting room cheap.

Fanny might not like that ...
  • Options
    Creepy way for adults to behave IMHO.
  • Options

Sorry, no report from us as we didn't go. We won't be going again as we are not happy with the secrecy stuff.

Back to Boughton Golf Club?

I thought that was a good venue that was feasible for most people living in Canterbury, Dover, Swale and Thanet, as well as practical for guests, as it's about 40 minutes from the M25.

No disrespect to Ashford people, who have done well, but it's not for them or the club to decide what happens in East Kent as a whole regarding supporters' groups. I'll help out if there is interest.
  • Options
    Maybe they were unhappy about the way the last meeting was reported.

As I said it is up to them. I think more well managed publicity would only benefit them as a branch but they don't tell us how to run Bromley Addicks so I'm not going to tell them how to run East Kent Addicks
  • Options
    Was only joking lol
  • Options
    it's East Kent, what do you expect?

they're probably all still locked in a room counting each others finger and toes.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

they're probably all still locked in a room counting each others finger and toes.

It only took me until three this morning, so nah nah nah nah nah!

• Options
    Our Committee have already done the hard work associated with building a group up from scratch and unless others based in East Kent are prepared to come forward to do likewise, ours will continue to be the only Supporters Branch located in the East Kent area. However, I think that it should be made clear that if others were to come forward and wish to form a new Supporter's Group in Thanet or any other part of East Kent, our Committee would be pleased to stand aside and revert to representing Ashford and Shepway only.
  • Options

Our Committee have already done the hard work associated with building a group up from scratch and unless others based in East Kent are prepared to come forward to do likewise, ours will continue to be the only Supporters Branch located in the East Kent area. However, I think that it should be made clear that if others were to come forward and wish to form a new Supporter's Group in Thanet or any other part of East Kent, our Committee would be pleased to stand aside and revert to representing Ashford and Shepway only.

So how was the meeting?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Fair play for getting off your arses and setting up a supporters group but why the secrecy about the meeting though?
    Any anecdotes you would care to share?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    All East Kent Addicks Meetings are open to all Charlton Supporters and everyone who attends is totally free to post exactly what they like on here or any other forum. Perhaps "Still Addickted" would like to consider attending in future as a representative of Charlton Life and she will then be able to post to her hearts content.
  • Options
    yeah.....but.....what happened at your meeting last night?
  • Options
    So weird.
  • Options
    Just seems childish
  • Options
    edited January 2014

All East Kent Addicks Meetings are open to all Charlton Supporters and everyone who attends is totally free to post exactly what they like on here or any other forum. Perhaps "Still Addickted" would like to consider attending in future as a representative of Charlton Life and she will then be able to post to her hearts content.

That's good to hear but you were asked what happened at your meeting.

If you'd prefer not to say then fine but I think you should at least give that answer rather than ignoring the questions.

You are a member of Charlton Life as are other committee members. Why can't/won't you post what happened? How many other people were there who could have posted?

• Options
    this is bizarre
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Due to the secrecy pledge signed, I cannot confirm or deny that at meeting (which may or may not have happened) of the Forest Hill Addicks society (which may or may not exist) was held with RD last night.