Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EAST KENT ADDICKS

Comments

• Options
    I might pop down to the next meeting, but fear I will be "black balled" just like poor Del Boy when he was denied entry to the Masonic lodge
  • Options
    Dont drag up the masons thread again.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Due to the secrecy pledge signed, I cannot confirm or deny that at meeting (which may or may not have happened) of the Forest Hill Addicks society (which may or may not exist) with RD last night.

First rule of Forest Hill Addicks is you never talk about Forest Hill Addicks.

BTW RD can't half talk. Could hardly keep up with the note taking but I'll email them to you to check before I stick them up on here.
  • Options
    What goes on in Kent, stays in Kent.
  • Options
    Can't somebody Tweet Andy Hughes and ask him what was said at the meeting last night?

Although it's confidential about what he said to Cameron Stewart.

• Options
    MASSIVE ORGY'S
  • Options
    I reckon no-one goes. It can be the only answer

Ashfordaddickted and the guests every month, keeping it real

• Options
    This thread is brilliant. It's like one of those films where you're never quite sure if it's for real or not. In a minute Nicholas Cage will turn up and start singing.
  • Options
    all very weird
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i dont even care about all the secret ITK shit, would just be nice to hear what andy hamer and pope said and any stories, how they feel about the new keeper coming in ect
  • Options

Tbf, I went to meeting, took a few photos if anyone is interested:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b616/jcraiglbs/eastkentaddicks_zpsad9da118.jpg

Were you eyes wide shut ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

now im in Sittingbourne ive seen plenty of cafc shirts/car stickers in the town and also on the isle of Sheppey is there any supporters club round here as ashford is still tricky to get too on a week night, anyone on here from Sittingbourne, Sheppey rainham (len glover I know you are near rainham) Whitstable ect know of anything?

I second this! Supporters club meeting nearer sittingbourne please? :-)
    Wasn't there a Medway Branch once upon a time or have I made that up?

I remember attending an evening with Garry Nelson years ago when he was promoting one of his books and dear old Les Fell spoke and showed us his FA Cup medals too. Maybe that was organised independently by Garry's publishers thinking about it.
  • Options
    Can't believe all the guff being spouted on this thread. EKA as far as I know don't use this site as a vehicle to publicise their meetings, they don't owe anyone on here anything and if they choose not to do a right up of a meeting with players so be it. In the grand scheme of things does it really matter?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

now im in Sittingbourne ive seen plenty of cafc shirts/car stickers in the town and also on the isle of Sheppey is there any supporters club round here as ashford is still tricky to get too on a week night, anyone on here from Sittingbourne, Sheppey rainham (len glover I know you are near rainham) Whitstable ect know of anything?

I remember attending an evening
    with Garry Nelson years ago when he
    was promoting one of his books and
    dear old Les Fell spoke and showed us his FA Cup medals too. Maybe that was organised independently by Garry's publishers thinking about it.
    I'm not sure if there was or not, but I think there might have been. only lived in Sittingbourne less than 4 years, however I was thinking more Swale than Medway, sittingbourne isn't in medway really.
  • Options
    I knew i should have gone , probably lots of stuff discussed about our new takeover.
  • Options

I knew i should have gone , probably lots of stuff discussed about our new takeover.

I heard RD unveiled eleven new Belgian signings there.
  • Options

Can't believe all the guff being spouted on this thread. EKA as far as I know don't use this site as a vehicle to publicise their meetings, they don't owe anyone on here anything and if they choose not to do a right up of a meeting with players so be it. In the grand scheme of things does it really matter?

Well no its doesn't mate, but the effort thats been taken not to tell us the main just of any info they could have just told us!
  • Options
    One day mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps I've been at work all day and haven't had a chance to write out a massive spiel yet?

Patience ladies and gents....
  • Options

really? think you will find a substantail thread when they were promoting their Back to the Valley Dinner recently. You know, the one Slater attended.

• Options
    Ross said:

Perhaps I've been at work all day and haven't had a chance to write out a massive spiel yet?

Not good enough...
  • Options
    thanks LD
  • Options
    Ross will be producing an account of last night's meeting on behalf of East Kent Addicks when he returns home from work later this evening.
  • Options
    Ross said:

What's your eta Ross?
  • Options
    Thanks, Leaburn's Daddy. Sounds like a cracking evening.

And look forward to Ross' write up too.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

LenGlover said:

dear old Les Fell spoke and showed us his FA Cup medals too. Maybe that was organised independently by Garry's publishers thinking about it.
    I'm not sure if there was or not, but I think there might have been. only lived in Sittingbourne less than 4 years, however I was thinking more Swale than Medway, sittingbourne isn't in medway really.
    Medway CASC was the original supporters' club satellite branch, set up by Mick Everett, and it was the most successful for many years. As is often the case, however, it was over-dependent on one person and it suffered after Mick went to work for the club in the mid 90s, despite the sterling efforts of Julie Meadows, no doubt among others, to keep it going. It didn't help that CASC collapsed from the centre.

Faversham is in Swale, I believe, so I guess Boughton might be too. Perhaps not brilliant for Sittingbourne and Sheppey, but probably no more of a compromise than it is for Thanet. My only issue with Ashford is that it is unrealistic to imagine many people in Thanet and along the estuary travelling there, but he's quite right that it's up to people living there to do something else. I'm up for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

LenGlover said:

Medway CASC was the original supporters' club satellite branch, set up by Mick Everett, and it was the most successful for many years. As is often the case, however, it was over-dependent on one person and it suffered after Mick went to work for the club in the mid 90s, despite the sterling efforts of Julie Meadows, no doubt among others, to keep it going. It didn't help that CASC collapsed from the centre.

Faversham is in Swale, I believe, so I guess Boughton might be too. Perhaps not brilliant for Sittingbourne and Sheppey, but probably no more of a compromise than it is for Thanet. My only issue with Ashford is that it is unrealistic to imagine many people in Thanet and along the estuary travelling there, but he's quite right that it's up to people living there to do something else. I'm up for it.
    I would like to help too but majority of the help I can offer would be doing things from home as I have 2 kids with special needs, but plugging online, writing letters, number crunching, answering queries, making arrangements etc etc I can probably help with.