Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans and Freemasons

Comments

• Options
    people dissing the masons on this thread might get called into their bosses' office tomorrow morning to learn they no longer have a job due to "redundancies"
  • Options
    If everything's such a big secret then you have to expect the worst.

All I know is lots of authority figures are a part of it such as police and judges.
  • Options
    Thread of the year!
  • Options
    Bromley Addicks AGM

• Options

I would like to be a freemason, how do u go about it

It's a bit like joining the CL clique, you don't apply - they appoint you.

• Options
    You mean bribery and incriminating photos of
    The person who is in charge

Are needed again
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Bromley Addicks AGM

Sold all my freemasons medals and stuff. Not all it was cracked up to be but each to their own. No problem with it.
  • Options
    its à secret.

shhuuttt uuuppp
  • Options
    I got to my great age thinking that I had to be asked, then someone told me that I should be the one asking... if you see what I mean.

Having discussed it at length with a very good friend who is in, I have decided that I am not interested in joining. I don't see the point, especially as anyone in the masons will always tell you that it is harmless... So maybe it isn't?
  • Options
    If your so proud to be a Mason , how about telling us all what goes on during the joining ceremony. I bet you won't .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Freemasons my arse. What a tragic crock of shit.
  • Options

If your so proud to be a Mason , how about telling us all what goes on during the joining ceremony. I bet you won't .

Then he would have to kill us all.
  • Options
    kentaddick-fantastic clip, one of the great Simpsons episodes. My dad was a mason for a bit, anyone here from the Nutfield Lodge?
  • Options

I would like to be a freemason, how do u go about it

Join the police force.

• Options
    NLA when u have done the knowledge join. Loads of black cab drivers are masons.

• Options
    For anyone not allowed into the freemasons, feel free to instead join the Red Panda Cult (and send moneys my way): http://theredpandacult.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/normal-0-false-false-false-en-gb-x-none.html
  • Options
    Cheers D will do mate i fancy a bit of it TBH

• Options
    I did fancy this recently. Wasn't sure whether to bother or not. What are the pros and concs please members?
  • Options
    My Dad was a Freemason, he was also a Millwall supporter, so they're not too fussy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't want to be a free mason if they would have me as a member. ;-)
  • Options

I did fancy this recently. Wasn't sure whether to bother or not. What are the pros and concs please members?

Cons. Cost you lots of money in charitable donations. Money buying Masonic aprons and funny underwear. Time learning word for word out of the bible. Pissing off your partner by spending all your spare time down at the lodge if you want to "get on"

Pros. Now given the above that's the $100000 question.

• Options
    I work with a bloke who claims to be the grand pooh bar and head honcho of the oldest lodge in his manor. He sends out the junior staff to buy snuff to be taken from a ram's head from time to time at their get togethers. Effectively some sort of group of assorted clique ridden selfish public school boys ,coppers and middle managers at places like Debenhams or the Heating and Ventilating Contractors Association .Not for me but a source of good piss taking material .
  • Options

A little disappointed with some of the comments just goes to show how naive some people are

If that's all you ever have to be disappointed with on here, you've had a right touch.
  • Options
    I've been asked in a few times, you have to believe in god/believe in a higher being.
    They're crying out for members, it's like an old boys club now.
    Does have a few perks.
  • Options
    ...newbie posts thread about freemasons then gets a bit shirty about a few sarcy comments...hmmm.
  • Options

...newbie posts thread about freemasons then gets a bit shirty about a few sarcy comments...hmmm.

Are you thinking he's off his TROLLey :-)

• Options
    Freemasonry. A closed shop. Those running it are good mates and rarely let anyone else share the real secrets. Anyone see the irony?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    watch "the man who would be King" its on every Christmas. I asked The Grand Pooba if any of the sayings in it were kosher FreeMason sayings and he said very close.

a greeting " have you met the lady who travels from the East?" etc
  • Options
    Ha Ha, I'm afraid not.