Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans and Freemasons

Comments

• Options

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10851935

MrOneLung said:

The head of the uk grand lodge says in an interview on bbc website that you have to have a belief in higher being so being an atheist is a no no.

So how do atheists like me get in?

By lying.
    Nope.

The trouble with secretive organisations - be they Bilderberg, the Freemasons or Bromley Addicks is that it makes those who insist on playing secret squirrel look as though they are hiding something important and exclusive. Or it makes them total dicks, you decide.
    Bromley Addicks ? WTF. Is that a joke ?
    Course it's not a joke. You don't think Henry wears cardigans for fun do you ? It the Bromley Addicks equivalent of the Masonic apron.

• Options

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

The head of the uk grand lodge says in an interview on bbc website that you have to have a belief in higher being so being an atheist is a no no.

By lying.
    Nope.

The trouble with secretive organisations - be they Bilderberg, the Freemasons or Bromley Addicks is that it makes those who insist on playing secret squirrel look as though they are hiding something important and exclusive. Or it makes them total dicks, you decide.
    You obviously have passed the third degree...

• Options
    again i refer you to Nigel Brown, general secretary of The United Grand Lodge of England in article on BBC WEBSITE from march 2012

The prime qualification for admission into Freemasonry is a belief in a supreme being. Having some form of religious belief is the one thing that all Freemasons have in common, whatever their backgrounds might be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17357150
  • Options

masicat said:

Riviera said:

masicat said:

MrOneLung said:

By lying.
    Nope.

You obviously have passed the third degree...

I doubt he has passed any degree with that question!! FFS!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

again i refer you to Nigel Brown, general secretary of The United Grand Lodge of England in article on BBC WEBSITE from march 2012

The prime qualification for admission into Freemasonry is a belief in a supreme being. Having some form of religious belief is the one thing that all Freemasons have in common, whatever their backgrounds might be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17357150

Yep, and? We all have our own religions and our own beliefs. Mine doesn't happen to include a 2000 year old fairytale where an Arab who looked like Robert Powell got himself nailed up on a cross. My own religion is the belief that you can lead a moral life and expect no reward for that morality. Freemasonry is not a religion, but there are many Freemaons who see it as a substitute as they themselves do not believe in God. Of course having to say you believe in a Supreme Being is a stumbling block for some, but when the ambiguity of that question is realised, the answer can be yes ( with tongue in cheek ).
  • Options
    Where does one join?
  • Options
    Nigel Brown:

The prime qualification for admission into Freemasonry is a belief in a supreme being. Having some form of religious belief is the one thing that all Freemasons have in common, whatever their backgrounds might be. As humanists do not believe in any form of higher power they cannot fulfil that prime qualification.
  • Options
    FFS, I'm out.
  • Options
    masicat you have tried to reason with them, not worth it anymore, half the reason don't bother with this site anymore people just wish to shot you down in flames, or mock topics, hardly a fans forum.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    'Chacun son gout, Rodney...'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guys,
    you have the USA and GCHQ reading your mail and listening to your phone calls, while oil companies and supermarkets get together to control almost every aspect of our daily lives - and you are getting worried about a few handshakes and some aprons.

Do you really think that a collection of plumbers, bus drivers and dentists from Welling are running the world ?

Smashie and Nicey told us all we need to know about freemasons:

"They do a lot of work for chariddeee, but don't like to talk about it"
  • Options

Where does one join?

I am not a buffalo, i am a pukka mason! Secret hand shakes, initiation ceremonies, the works......
  • Options

masicat you have tried to reason with them, not worth it anymore, half the reason don't bother with this site anymore people just wish to shot you down in flames, or mock topics, hardly a fans forum.

I dont think most are shooting him down in flames, just questioning certain things such as the official line re religion etc from the top guy in the masons, and how it doesnt tally with being an atheist which Masicat has said he is.

• Options
    http://www.examiner.com/article/do-you-have-to-believe-god-to-be-a-freemason

You would like to think I have better things to do...
  • Options
    Jabulon. he's the kiddie aint he?

Each to their own i say.

I have laods of pals in it and have been on many a tour of the innder temple in Long Acre and ladies nights but i just wont join - it aint for me but i have seen it make people all the better for being one - its a power for good i'd say/
  • Options
    I can take the silly comments and smartarse remarks. What drives me nuts is having to keep explaining the same bloody thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Explain why you are an atheist yet a primary requirement for membership is a belief in a "supreme being"
  • Options
    Perhaps some Freemasons pretend to believe in a 'supreme being' so that they can join. No-one would know if they were lying.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I can take the silly comments and smartarse remarks. What drives me nuts is having to keep explaining the same bloody thing.

Do you have to show the judge your nipple to get off a speeding fine?
  • Options
    what is the deal with the rings?

are you only meant to where them at meetings/events etc or is it up to the individual?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Explain why you are an atheist yet a primary requirement for membership is a belief in a "supreme being"

NO
  • Options

are you only meant to where them at meetings/events etc or is it up to the individual?

What rings? Your not on David Icke as well surely?
  • Options
    masicat said:

What rings? Your not on David Icke as well surely?
    yeah, what rings ;-)

• Options
    I've lost my ceremonial ring and as a result can no longer attend Bromley Addicks meetings...
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I've lost my ceremonial ring and as a result can no longer attend Bromley Addicks meetings...

I lost my ring at a Bromley addicts meeting.........

Only joking, no one from BA has ever touched me in my special place.
  • Options
    David Icke ---theres a man that knew the truth about the masons----lizard people.
  • Options
    Serious question:
    Can a Catholic join the Freemasons masicat ?
  • Options
    What are the " mysteries and privileges of Freemasonary"?
  • Options
    Do you have to be Belgian or Moroccan?
  • Options

Serious question:
    Can a Catholic join the Freemasons masicat ?

I think the answer is yes.

But you may find that should a Catholic join the Freemasons, they could be excommunicated.

In short, if you want to be a Catholic and a Freemason, you may be better asking a priest.