Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans and Freemasons

Comments

• Options
    This thread has cheered me up no end. I thought the old myths about Masonry had been put to bed, but how wrong I was. That said, there are Freemasons who have joined and are looking for the holy grail. They don't last long when they realise they get nothing out of it other than what they put in. I would never dream of giving work to someone because he is a Mason any more than I would a Charlton .
    Still laughing though, some classic comments.
  • Options
    many years ago I went to a couple of ladies nights in Eltham, but they wouldn't let me wear my frock
  • Options
    masicat said:

This thread has cheered me up no end. I thought the old myths about Masonry had been put to bed, but how wrong I was. That said, there are Freemasons who have joined and are looking for the holy grail. They don't last long when they realise they get nothing out of it other than what they put in. I would never dream of giving work to someone because he is a Mason any more than I would a Charlton .

Well you would say that wouldn't you ;0)

• Options

masicat said:

Well you would say that wouldn't you ;0)

Yep. BTW , anyone on here a bricklayer?
  • Options
    Best dinner-dances that I've ever been to! They do a hell of a lot of good work for charity. Real good piss-ups!
  • Options
    Seriously been asked acouple of times if I was interested in joining (The Welling Lodge, I do believe).
    Don't really think its for me (or me for it).
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I take it UK freemasonery is, still, a male-only set up?

Maisonettes ??!!

• Options
    masicat said:

But surely you really know why you are getting these comments?

If not may I ask a few questions?

Why the secrecy? - why can you not openly let people know what the initiation ceremony involves?

Why does the becoming a freemason page on the ugle.org.uk website not actually tell you how to become a freemason or link to an application process.

Why do you have the 'all seeing eye' symbol as a reminder there is a higher being, yet state you are non religious?
  • Options
    I initiated this post to find other charlton fans who are Freemasons I never expected some of the funny comments which have been posted. And no I'm not off my trolley for linking up with fellow charlton fans. Yes we do a lot for local and national charities and help thousands of children and adults around the country in need. Freemasons are now the second largest organisation to donate to charity within the UK this is from members pockets not from corporations. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but look into what we have done not what we hide.
  • Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoLqfCBwt4

That's all I have to say on the Freemasons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still havent answered the questions.....
  • Options
    I never expected some of the funny comments which have been posted.

Personally I would have been disappointed if there were no funny comments...
  • Options
    And if there's ever a topic for being sent up its freemasonry - ok I accept that you raise a lot of money for charity, but if we can't rip into the secret handshakes, the aprons and bizarre initiation rituals then what can we make fun of?
  • Options
    In this day of exposures every two minutes am surprised the list of members has never been exposed.
  • Options
    Freemasonary at the lower high street end is just a boys club with a few funny bits and pieces that make it a bit more interesting than your average working mans club and possibly they like to see themselves just a bit superior to that. They do lots of very creditable fundraising and that should be applauded.

What I can't quite get my head round is why so many quite important people like judges, top cops (well used to be) politicians and royalty show any inclination to be involved. This top end freemasonry wouldn't be seen dead in 99.9% of the counties lodges but still see it worth their while being members. This is the shady and questionable part of freemasonry that bothers me.
  • Options
    mr wilkes I am genuinely interested to find out more I have checked the internet and found some stuff out any advice you can give via a pm is welcome many thanks
  • Options
    And then there was the strange death of Roberto Calvi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Calvi#Death

Who despite fleeing from Italy in fear of his life he decided to apparently commit suicide according to one inquest.

• Options
    Wasn't the alleged Masonic link to Calvi an illegal lodge?
  • Options

I initiated this post to find other charlton fans who are Freemasons I never expected some of the funny comments which have been posted. And no I'm not off my trolley for linking up with fellow charlton fans. Yes we do a lot for local and national charities and help thousands of children and adults around the country in need. Freemasons are now the second largest organisation to donate to charity within the UK this is from members pockets not from corporations. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but look into what we have done not what we hide.

It's simple. Just answer the questions . If you won't ( which you won't ) don't be surprised about the hostility .
  • Options
    South park - the hair club for men. A very funny freemason reference episode!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was agreed at the last lodge meeting that although it was suspected that one or two non masons had managed to sign up for charltonlife we wouldn't start a thread like this to find out who they are...
  • Options
    I know a few Charlton fans who are masons jjwilkes.

Been on some blinding ladies weekends with some cracking people.

It's not for me personally, but always cracks me up how some people get so het up about something that has absolutely nothing to with them.
  • Options
    " nothing to do with them" ? People are just responding to the initial thread.
    Can't see why it has nothing to do with us . Oh well . If it cracks you up then I suppose its ok .
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Can't see why it has nothing to do with us . Oh well . If it cracks you up then I suppose its ok .

The opening post was asking if anyone else was a mason, not being challenged "I bet you won't" to reveal details of ceremonies and 'secrets'.

Particularly with freemasonry, i've never understand the clamour from those not involved to demand details of things that happen in a private group. You wouldn't expect people to reveal details of work meetings, or lads weekends to strangers, so why this ? Its no one else's business
  • Options
    edited June 2013

The opening post was asking if anyone else was a mason, not being challenged "I bet you won't" to reveal details of ceremonies and 'secrets'.

Particularly with freemasonry, i've never understand the clamour from those not involved to demand details of things that happen in a private group. You wouldn't expect people to reveal details of work meetings, or lads weekends to strangers, so why this ? Its no one else's business
    Then we agree to disagree . If people in public office are masons then I want to know why all the secrecy. I'm not alone in that view.
  • Options

I know a few Charlton fans who are masons jjwilkes.

Been on some blinding ladies weekends with some cracking people.

It's not for me personally, but always cracks me up how some people get so het up about something that has absolutely nothing to with them.

We had a brilliant ladies festival last year in the isle of white. These weekends are a great laugh and for all the family these days the kids love to dress up in either they're dinner suits or evening dresses. We raised quite a bit too that weekend which went to our local hospice for children
  • Options

Haven't really heard much of them since "Uninvited" to be honest so can't pass too much of an opinion.

Top tune that one!
  • Options
    Best we end this thread now before somebody lets the cat out if the bag about the club's nickname really being because of addictor lodge putting up the funds for a group of young lads to bugger off and play somewhere else instead of using the lodge wall as a goal when a meeting was taking place...
  • Options

watch "the man who would be King" its on every Christmas

That is a marvellous film.