Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Inverness Calley preseason friendly 27th July at home

Comments

• Options
    ian rush says that if I don't drink lots of milk then i'll only be good enough to play for inverness caledonian thistle... inverness caledonian thistle, who are they?

EXACTLY!!!
  • Options

IF theClub has no plans to stage a money raiser for Lee Rigby or help for Heroes, can't "we" arrange something for the day of the ICT friendly ?

A bucket collection ( if permission could be obtained) would be simple but surely we can come up with something that requires a bit more thought and a bit more work for a potentially better monetary result ?

Off the top of my head , how about 11 mascots to walk out with our lads at the cost of, say £50 per head ( considerably less than the Club charges!) Then a penalty shoot out at half time against perhaps Bob Bolder and Nick Pope using both ends of the ground at the same time in a knockout format with the most successful 2 meeting in front of the Covered End for a decider. Could charge £25 or so per person competing with a maximum of 8 at each end ....I'm sure there are plenty of Addicks who would love the chance to get on the pitch legally !

We could also ask each Charlton player in the matchday squad to donate a signed item for auction on here in the week following the match.

And in addition, a bucket collection could still take place so that everyone has an opportunity to contribute.

Just a thought....

Better to do it with a proper crowd?
    Fair comment, Airman.

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

Potentially a loss maker for the club however it's priced, but will meet the objectives of avoiding a (significant full recovery) police bill, reasonable opposition and a work out on our own pitch. Lucky to get 5,000 paying customers, I would think, although they will likely give thousands away.

Potentially a fair few ICT fans will make the journey down, in their eyes they could see it as a day out in London as well as a footy game....
    I can't see them bringing more than a few hundred, but I don't know much about them. Bearing in mind you need to look at the financials on a cautious basis, I wouldn't be relying on more than 3,000 paying home fans if they charge £10/£5 (more than that would just be silly, but who knows!?). Even with aways that's about £20k net if you're lucky. You may squeeze out a bit more revenue at a flat £5.

Out of that you've probably got to pay a minimum 150 stewards with on-costs to meet the safety certificate requirements just to open the east and west stands, more if you use the Jimmy Seed. Then you've got to pay for traffic management, street cleaning, etc, plus any police presence, including outside the ground for this game. Plus any appearance fee the opposition can command. With this sort of opposition, that might be based on profit, which removes the risk.

All this is why the club is very cagey about home friendlies, but in the end there is a football requirement - and of course the attendance assumptions may prove pessimistic.
    Should have got Barca, Juve or Bayern like previous seasons.Prothero better pull his dick out of his ass.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    From the ICT Forum:

"Gutted we aint playing our red and blue brothers Crystal Palace tbh!! South London is theirs ;) "

Hmmmm...

Even better, from a chap called Eagle4Caley:

"Just found out that Caley are in London on the 27th July for a pre-season friendly against Charlton (who have the same 'pikey' tag as that lot from Dungwall) so I'm going to get myself down there! (I might have to invest in an away shirt) "

Lovely....
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

ian rush says that if I don't drink lots of milk then i'll only be good enough to play for inverness caledonian thistle... inverness caledonian thistle, who are they?

EXACTLY!!!

PRESACTLY!
  • Options
    Wait. What's the history between Inverness and Palace?
  • Options

Hope the local police are aware of this.

Expect OTT restrictions for home fans exiting The Valley....

• Options
    I'm looking forward to it. I'd rather see a team that I probably wouldn't otherwise get a chance to see that a fixture against some humdrum Prem team.
  • Options

Palace copied Barca's kit.

ICT is a merger of two teams who adopt Barca's kit.

That is it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Glad some knoblets from Palarse might be there.
    scene-----------------in a boozer a few ICT peeps there in their colours several with English ascents
    me/us/you " Your not Palaese are you ?" --------------their whole life drops out of their underwear and they suddenly forget where SE7 is AGAIN.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's no connection with Palace.

Poor sods I know have booked a place in Woolwich to stay!
  • Options
    Of all the Scottish teams we could of picked we get the one with Palarse sympathies.....

So they like Palarse coz they have the same kit?

Dagenham play in red and blue but Im not seeing much love for them from ICT fans.....
  • Options
    ICT fan in peace. 1st, absolutely no connection with Palace. The guy quoted from ICT fan site is a Palace fan with a soft spot for ICT. A few have booked up already with many more looking into it. But with rip off London prices, it may put some off. So any pointers on cheap and cheerful digs nearby would be good. As well as pubs obviously as we will spend more time there than the ground. There should be no need for any Policing of ICT fans. All we do is party ie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhRu-dCLqLs
  • Options
    Welcome stuarty,

The Antingallican is the "away" pub and also has rooms but all the pubs welcome friendly fans. Rose of Denmark lays on a red carpet for visitors

Liberal club is CIU. Cheap and cheerful.

Better pubs in Greenwich (2 miles and 3 train stops away plus some culture for any tourists.

There is a holiday inn not far away from the Valley and near the O2

Enjoy the trip

• Options
    Yes welcome Stuarty. There is a Premier inn in Woolwich, about 20 mins walk from The Valley. Agree with Henry that Greenwich is your best option for pubs for the evening. The Mitre and The Pelton Arms both have rooms.

Looking forward to your visit. You will be made very welcome.
  • Options
    Hi Stuarty, hope you enjoy your day, go easy on us!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    "Rip off London"?

Simple answer to that one, don't come down then my sweaty amigo!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Says the man who started the £5 pint thread!
  • Options
    Shhh!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ive got 'eye of the tiger' on as i type this message!

READY!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am only coming from Yorkshire so, cheap coach, found very reasonable digs in Crystal Palace with £2.00 a pint in the bar apparently, so I'm happy. Having seen some of the characters that are going down, most of whom are in the video, I can see some fun being had.
  • Options
    you will have fun with crystal palace alright... crazy nights.
  • Options
    stuarty said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I am only coming from Yorkshire so, cheap coach, found very reasonable digs in Crystal Palace with £2.00 a pint in the bar apparently, so I'm happy. Having seen some of the characters that are going down, most of whom are in the video, I can see some fun being had.

Why are you staying in Crystal Palace? It's miles away.
  • Options
    let him be...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Off_it said:

stuarty said:

Not to mention it's a dump.

• Options
    CAFCdamo said:

Off_it said:

stuarty said:

Not to mention it's a dump.

As the birds flies its only about 10 miles but when you factor in how sh*te London transport is itll seem like triple that....
  • Options
    Why Crystal palace? I am Scottish, its Cheap. ;-) Cheap digs = more beer= result!!
  • Options
    It's not very close to Charlton at all - you'd probably have to get a train into London Bridge and then back out again to Charlton. Despite it's postcode it's not really in South East London
  • Options

Glad some knoblets from Palarse might be there.
    scene-----------------in a boozer a few ICT peeps there in their colours several with English ascents
    me/us/you " Your not Palaese are you ?" --------------their whole life drops out of their underwear and they suddenly forget where SE7 is AGAIN.

You know they will drink in Lewisham :-)
  • Options
    stuarty said:

Why Crystal palace? I am Scottish, its Cheap. ;-) Cheap digs = more beer= result!!

Morning Stuarty.
    Where about in CP you staying ? I ask because I live in Sydenham, which is far too close to the nigels for my liking.