Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "Straight Red" Thread.

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

The shoes with the pulled up socks AND suit jacket to go with it. Didn't even look like he was on a windup either.

That is a shooting offence; stuff the red card.
  • Options
    Lager top

Straight red, unmanly conduct

An armchair manyoo fan asking what division charlton are in

STRAIGHT RED

I don't buy cigarettes, I only smoke when I drink

Off ya go
  • Options
    Carter said:

Lager top

Straight red, unmanly conduct

An armchair manyoo fan asking what division charlton are inSTRAIGHT RED

I don't buy cigarettes, I only smoke when I drink

Off ya go

That should be punishable by death. "Why do you support Charlton mate they're shit" boils my blood the ignorance
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

DanDavis said:

Wearing a backpack on both shoulders #straightred

Surely wearing a backback on one shoulder is worse? It's got two straps for a reason...
    Someone didn't go to secondary school in the 90s.
  • Options
    Women wearing Roger Federer earrings
    People who use the words 'classic' or 'awesome'
    Waiting staff who say 'enjoy' when they give you your food
  • Options

When I worked in a resturant my boss would have a go if I didn't say it so it got pummeled into my brain, i'd imagine a lot of other bosses are the same
  • Options
    Blokes who stand there with a hair drier pointing at their chest and gut blow drying their bodies #straightred
  • Options

DeeBee said:

DanDavis said:

Wearing a backpack on both shoulders #straightred

Surely wearing a backback on one shoulder is worse? It's got two straps for a reason...
    Someone didn't go to secondary school in the 90s.
    Haha! He's a two-strapper - never mind the red card, bundle him!
  • Options
    Asian taxi drivers who say "you like football" to which you reply "yes", they follow this with "oh you must like Manchester United. Very good team,
  • Options
    anyone that takes any sort of bike on the trains during rush hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Asian taxi drivers who say "you like football" to which you reply "yes", they follow this with "oh you must like Manchester United. Very good team,

When telling my hostel in Bangkok I was going to a game they were like "oh, you want to go see a Robbie Fowler, yes?" Apart from the obvious, I think he'd been gone about two years.

There were also the standard David Beck Ham and Charlton/Chelsea comments but a fair few were able to have a decent chat as well I'll admit.

• Options
    cafctom said:

The shoes with the pulled up socks AND suit jacket to go with it. Didn't even look like he was on a windup either.

This sort of get-up was quite common in Melbourne during the summer I visited 30 years ago: grown men going to the office in smart jacket, khaki shorts, long white socks and black shoes. No, no, no.

• Options
    People who insist on wearing a tie in hot weather. Or, perhaps, anyone who wears a tie
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Or maybe people who refuse to wear ties even when the occasion demands it, for that matter TMA? :-D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Tie and short sleeve shirt.
  • Options

Or maybe people who refuse to wear ties even when the occasion demands it, for that matter TMA? :-D

I do funerals, weddings and Japan. When else?
  • Options
    The lazy conversion of nouns into spurious verbs: winning athletes speak of having "medalled" in the Olympics. Stop it.
  • Options
    Getting up and standing by the door just as the train pulls out of a station so you can be first off when you get to your station #straightred
  • Options
    Men with fake tan
  • Options

Tie and short sleeve shirt.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013

#straightred
  • Options
    Anyone over 11 in a onesie straightred
  • Options

I do funerals, weddings and Japan. When else?
    Job interview. Otherwise the first two were the other occasions I had in mind too. Didnt realise you need to wear one to get into the land of the rising sun though...
  • Options

Anyone over 11 in a onesie straightred

Oh please don't tell me my onesie has to go as well?
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Off_it said:

Wearing trackies and shoes

tucking your jumper in your trousers ?

Even worse, tucking your jumper into your underpants. #straightred
  • Options

DanDavis said:

Ordering a Fosters 'top' #straightred

Seconded. Add Castlemain and other antipodean pints of dishwater. Excluded Coopers Sparkling Ale and Redback - proof that Australians do know what good beer is, they just choose to drink garbage.
  • Options
    the entire Wimbledon crowd (usually when Murray's playing) breaking out into laughter when, on a big point his first serve goes into the net.

it's not funny.
  • Options
    Just the Wimbledon crowd in general really.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I saw this quite a lot in Sydney - wearing shorts to the office in Australia is perfectly acceptable but you have to wear long socks and a shirt and tie. It might be acceptable but it still looks absolutely stupid. #straightred
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

When I worked in a resturant my boss would have a go if I didn't say it so it got pummeled into my brain, i'd imagine a lot of other bosses are the same
    Bosses who tell their waiting staff to say 'Enjoy' when they give you your food and have a go at their waiting staff when said waiting staff don't p!ss off the customers by saying 'Enjoy'. Don't know about #StraightRed, more like #CrimeAgainstHumanity