Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I remember the BBC getting bollocking for moving Top of the Pops one night for an FA Cup semi replay.

One woman rang up to complain she couldnt practice her dancing routine for the disco that coming Saturday night. I know this as i was sat next to my mate while she made the call.

Was she being serious? Either way it's hilarious
  • Options
    She wasnt serious but she was always had a deadly serious tone on the call. One of several calls she used to make. That's how we used to entertain ourselves at work before the internet, prank calls.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

That's how we used to entertain ourselves at work before the internet, prank calls.

Indeed. Still chuckle at our wind up getting the desk jnr girl to phone around for Mike Oxlong

• Options
    incredible match going into a fifth set
  • Options
    This is going to be a real late game for the other one then. Everyone will be well ensconced in the pub before it starts.
  • Options
    Del Boy is playing a corker, what a match
  • Options

BBC will love that - perfect late afternoon viewing from their point of view.

Mind you the evening programmes might get affected cue loads of complaints from non-tennis fans.

If they just left Tennis on BBC2 they wouldn't have to move anything.
    True butt then something on BBC2 would be cancelled to somebody's disgust!

• Options
    these two seem to be killing each other good for other semi, also murrary avoids the sun when he starts
  • Options
    Djokovic is looking a bit shaken. I still expect him to win this, but must give Murray hope (as long as he beats Jano).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Isn't Del Potro supposed to have an injury too - great effort from him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a match, can't believe del potro is only 24. He will win Wimbledon if his body stands up.
  • Options
    gutted for del potro, what a match
  • Options

Isn't Del Potro supposed to have an injury too - great effort from him!

I dunno how people like him (and until last year Murray) keep their motivation. He's clearly a very very very good player and he's thrown the kitchen sink at Djok to push him all the way but still come ultimately a little bit short.

I would find that so demoralizing to know I gave him everything I had but it wasn't enough.

• Options
    tremendous match ... overall I think that Wimbledon this year has been the best for a long long time .. helped by quite a few 'names' going out in the earlier rounds both in the men's and women's
  • Options
    he has won a grand slam like murray
  • Options
    nolly said:

he has won a grand slam like murray

Yeah but a good while ago now.

Fair play to the guy, he's clearly finding a way to do, I'm just saying it must be really tough.
  • Options

tremendous match ... overall I think that Wimbledon this year has been the best for a long long time .. helped by quite a few 'names' going out in the earlier rounds both in the men's and women's

Agree with that, have really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    been great with the shocks. the womens has been made miles better by Serena going out
  • Options
    come on JJ
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Murray can't handle his serve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets go JJ lets go.
  • Options

Lets go JJ lets go.

That is the worst chant in the history of sport! And Murray will come back again don't u worry :D
  • Options

Murray can't handle his serve

agreed .. but can he keep up the velocity for at least three sets
  • Options
    rather as it is now 2 more sets?
  • Options
    Might have to take it to 5 again to get through now.
  • Options
    Great couple of games from Murray there. Well back in this set.
  • Options
    Murray on a roll now.
  • Options
    Is the big Pole starting to crack?
  • Options

Is the big Pole starting to crack?

Is getting stroppy like Murray used to.

Murray proving again he is a fighter.
  • Options
    Murray is completely and utterly spot on about the roof.