Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Comments

• Options

Thought the programme on Murray last night was very good. Really hope more than ever that he makes it the final this year; as we got tickets for it - in the ballot!

Yes it was excellent. If anyone wants to see it it's available on iPlayer
  • Options
    Anyone know the name of that documentary on Murray so I can catch it on iplayer?
  • Options
    Andy Murray: The man behind the racket.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Sharapova is positively Amazonian!!!!

I'd love the opportunity to make her scream like that!!!
  • Options
    murray can enjoy this wimbledon now he is a grand slam winner he knows he has it, fed must be pleased nadal is out with the record he has with nadal, what a player nadal is never complains such a great sportsman
  • Options

Andy Murray: The man behind the racket.

Thanks
  • Options

Deja vu for Rafa potentially?

Quite funny after reading in the Times yesterday how it was a disgrace Nadal would only be seeded 5th...

Handy for Federer...

nowadays the seedings are done, with agreement from the Pro Tennis 'union', according to current form/world ranking .. Wimbledon used to get a bit of leeway over this, but no longer I think. Nadal has missed a lot of time over the past year or so following his dreadful knee injury and consequently has fewer ranking points than usual

Ironically he'll actually lose points now as he got knocked out in the 2nd round last year.
    t b h I am surprised that Nadal has come back as well as he has. Given the way he plays and his build I thought that his career was finished when he sustained his knee problem. He has been at the top since he was in his mid teens, a lot of games and bodily stress as well as success. I suspect that we have well seen the very best of him. To state the obvious, that is the fate of all sportsmen. Injury or simple old age catches up some day.
    The way Nadal plays, all action, immense body strength and muscles when he was younger, puts great strains on his body. Federer glides around the court, seemingly putting in little physical effort, so hardly ever seems to get injured.

• Options
    nadal will win the french next year and will do well in the us open if he plays far from finished
  • Options
    Laura Robson through. She beat no 10 seed Kirilenko :-)
  • Options
    Watch Dustin Brown .. great win today, the guy plays amazing shots ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenster said:

Watch Dustin Brown .. great win today, the guy plays amazing shots ...

Yeah great game.
  • Options
    Cilic pulled out. Was in Murray's quarter.
  • Options
    Watching Gublis Tsonga, 1 set all. Tough draw for Tsonga
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Murray starting now v Lu.
  • Options
    Now Tsonga's injured. Getting better and better for AM.
  • Options
    Murray 1 set up.
  • Options
    Looking good
  • Options
    Tsonga's out - injured.
  • Options
    Murray's half of the draw is bizarre. Nadal out, Cilic out, Tsonga out already.
  • Options
    People are dropping like flies on the lush grass. If only the tournament was played on last season's barren Valley Pitch :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sharapova in trouble too.
  • Options
    Murray 2 sets up.
  • Options
    Sharapova beaten by Michelle Larcher De Brito in straight sets. Good player and another one easy on the eye.
  • Options
    So the only 2 realistic hopes of a contender to Serena are both out by day 3
  • Options
    And now Federer is 2-1 down! Murray laughing here.
  • Options
    Today had the most retirements on any given day in any of the 4 slams in the open area.

Cilc, Tsonga, Darcis, Stepanek, Isner, Shevdova and Azarenka all retired before or during their games.

Nadal out to world number 135
    Sharapova out to world number 131
    Wozniacki out to world 196
    Ivanovic out to world 66
    Errani out to world 65
    9th seed Simon out
    11th seed Wawrinka out

All by day 3
  • Options
    3 sets and Federer hasn't broken a game!
  • Options
    He doesn't look as if he could break wind at the moment.
  • Options
    This Stakhovsky guy is volleying brilliantly
  • Options
    There ya go