Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    Good stuff! Wonder when we last had a woman in the last 16 at Wimbledon?
  • Options
    Well done girl !
  • Options

Sue just just 1998 was the last time we had a man and woman in the last 16. Tim Henman and Sam Smith.
  • Options

1998 - Sam Smith.

Sue just said on BBC.

• Options
    Andy's forehand and backhand are faster than a year ago...Djokovic's are slower. Only in the last match did Andy get into second gear and that was only for the final two games.
  • Options

1998 - Sam Smith.

Sue just said on BBC.

Brews a wicked pint to.
  • Options
    Come on Laura!
    4 - 4 in first set.
  • Options

1998 - Sam Smith.

Sue just said on BBC.

Not as long ago as I thought it would have been!
  • Options
    Kanepi beats Robson in straight sets.

Great performance by LR over the last week though - she wasn't outclassed.
  • Options
    As soon as she said she had her eye on someone in the quarter finals I knew she'd lose it. One match at a time. Schoolgirl error. She should be punished. Over my knee...

Ooooer - what happened there, I got a bit sidetracked

Joking aside she's done brilliantly and made more of a name for herself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    She'll be kicking herself. She had the break to go 5-4 to serve for the first and got broken straight back (over excited, inexperienced mistake to make). Then got well ahead in the tie break and again lost it.

Fair enough, she's 19, she's going to make those sorts of mistakes, hopefully she can learn from that.
  • Options
    Well done her, looks like it could have gone either way on the updates and im sure it will make her stronger in the future for it.

give it a couple of years and she will be challenging, similar to Murray she will win a a slam though
  • Options
    What a crazy year.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Love that. Lisicki through against Williams. Genuinely bawling her eyes out in post match interview.
  • Options
    FFS it's only the 4th round love, imagine what she'd be like if she wins it
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Love that. Lisicki through against Williams. Genuinely bawling her eyes out in post match interview.

Smashtastic ! Lisicki (I'm in love) beats Serena Williams in a wonderful match.

Sport is just great !
  • Options

Jaddick said:

Sport is just great !
    The best form of reality TV.
  • Options
    She looked down and out in the final set. Great comeback and showed real character. Love that Lisicki.
  • Options

Jaddick said:

Sport is just great !
    Match was great. So glad she turned it round and gave Williams a game in the final set. Would love her to get to the final, great to watch for a number of reasons.
  • Options
    Murray is a fine tennis player you have to accept that regardless if you like him or not some of his shots are amazing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    97% return of serve in for murray thats phenominal really

• Options
    The last 2 winning shots were top draw

Sereena looks like LA got his wicked way with
    Her in this press report
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Lisicki does it again .. she was 4-2 down to Williams .. big shock is this result
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Just in and watching her interview. Lovely to see how much it means and how happy winning has made her. Nothing false, just a really genuine grin and quite infectious. I know these guys are well paid, but it's nice to see a sportsperson who is so happy about a result.
  • Options

The last 2 winning shots were top draw

Sereena looks like LA got his wicked way with
    Her in this press report

Destroyed her. Left her a gibbering mess last night. Sorry - Should have told you so you could all lump on her opponent.
  • Options
    You left her looking raggid looked like you wrestled until sunmission
  • Options
    Laura Robson playing in the mixed doubles on the red button now
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Laura Robson playing in the mixed doubles on the red button now

They're out, Robsons partner Colin Fleming was absolutely dire - never seen that many foot faults in a professional game before !
  • Options
    One for the hottest other half competition. Thomas Berdych...........................you lucky b'tard.

• Options

You left her looking raggid looked like you wrestled until sunmission

I conquered her. It was an epic struggle - but I prevailed.