Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon /Andy Murray

Comments

• Options
    Well that was a stormer.
  • Options
    Federer out! Come on Andy!!!
  • Options
    Get in , well done steakhouse!
  • Options
    Wow
  • Options
    Damn Federer! Sharapova out, Nadal out, Federer out, no Roddick.

I might have just watched my last game already!
  • Options
    It's looking good for Murray, but he'll have to get past Nowak Djokovic at some point.
  • Options
    Blinking heck, that Sharapova sounds like a bleeding banshee, stick a sock in it love.
  • Options

I think it's good to see some new faces doing well. Just a shame it looks as though Serena has another win under her belt
  • Options

Blinking heck, that Sharapova sounds like a bleeding banshee, stick a sock in it love.

Or something else.
  • Options
    Just watching this sharapova match highlights. The pair of them sound like the rutting foxes in my back garden. Horrible noise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are Murray and Djok on different sides of the draw?
  • Options
    Talal said:

I think it's good to see some new faces doing well. Just a shame it looks as though Serena has another win under her belt
    Agree with the sentiment but I guess everyone has their "favourites" don't they? Incidentally, Murray is not one of mine.
  • Options

yes can only meet in the final
  • Options

Seeded one and two - so yes.

• Options

Yes seeded 1 and 2 so can only meet in the final
  • Options
    Ah ok. Ta.
  • Options
    That Brown is a character isn't he! Really bizarre stroke on him but great to see someone unventional!

Not stereotyping but he looks like he's got a reefer on the go - so laid back
    Great to see
  • Options
    Wow - still stunned (and delighted) that Federer is out and was completley outclassed by a serve/ volleyer. End of an era?
  • Options

Wow - still stunned (and delighted) that Federer is out and was completley outclassed by a serve/ volleyer. End of an era?

Nope. Bloke made 36 consecutive quarter-finals. Bound to have an off-day once in a while.
  • Options
    Centre Court no longer his second home - after today and Olympics - and both times strong crowd support for his opponent...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One thing I've learned is to never right 'The Fed' off , sure he's not at his peak, and is much more beatable than he used too, but he always comes back stronger , expect him to make the US Grand Slam Final.

• Options
    Press are going to really put pressure on Murray now - can he cope?

Probably be ok - although he is prone to the odd injury himself!
  • Options
    That's my fear. After celebrating how well these last couple of days have gone for Murray, I realised that the media are going to heap a lot of pressure on him. But he is a grand slam champ now and very experienced at handling it.
  • Options
    Was going to camp over tomorrow and go on Friday but its supposed to be pissing it down so not sure what to do now.
  • Options
    Great to see 2 players going for it, playing a serve volley game (Brown and Stakhovsky) and doing so well with it. Watching the highlights of the Sharapova game afterwards seemed very one dimensional.

In a funny way, this makes little difference to the pressure on Murray, except that potentially he has an easier path to the final. He'll still have to face the World Number 1, who will be the favourite.
  • Options

Andy Murray: The man behind the racket.

Thanks
    Surely you mean racquet not racket. Or has he been proved guilty of match-fixing or something?
  • Options
    That geezers missus was unreal.
  • Options
    Admire Murray, great US Open win and a real chance at Wimbledon. Just wish a fellow countryman could win. Will the great proud home loving Scot move somewhere else for tax reasons like his fellow Scot loving mate Connery who lives in the Bahamas? Scotland will need to borrow a few quid from both when we get our 19 billion £ back !"
  • Options
    If I had the money Connery had, i'd move to the Bahamas too!
  • Options
    masicat said:

Admire Murray, great US Open win and a real chance at Wimbledon. Just wish a fellow countryman could win. Will the great proud home loving Scot move somewhere else for tax reasons like his fellow Scot loving mate Connery who lives in the Bahamas? Scotland will need to borrow a few quid from both when we get our 19 billion £ back !"

Pathetic, give it a rest mate.