Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katie Hopkins slagging (and bizarrely from p.7 enneagram profiling of lifers)

Comments

• Options

I think you are all giving her the publicity that she clearly desperately craves....

Indeed. I didn't even know that This Morning was still going! Great publicity for the show. She's a similar act to Adrian Durham on Talksport.

I make her right about Tyler though.

• Options
    I do cringe at some of the names parents give their kids but what she is she saying is ridiculous. So funny about not liking geographical names and then she's got a kid called India. Moron.
  • Options
    Controversial for controversials sake, ITV and others know she's |"good value"

An abhorrent waste of oxygen.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Genuinely laughed out loud to this comment:

"We had a Pakistani boy called Ahsan Bhutt at my old school"
  • Options
    We all make snap judgements about people based on their name, clothes, hair, face, accent... Whether or not that's right it seems perfectly natural. It's informed by prejudice and experience. Snap judgments are just that though. They become more informed as you hear what someone says, and how they interact with others.

Therefore, having seen her on this and on the apprentice and other programmes, it is no snap judgement to declare that she is a turd of the highest magnitude.
  • Options
    The longer that went on the more I could relate to her. I would never say the things she did, and I wouldn't judge a child from it's name, but I would imagine some children's background can be deduced very quickly from the name that their parents give them.

I don't have an issue with my son's friends as he hasn't been to a school where he would meet the kind of families that Katie seems to scared of, but I wouldn't choose a young lad that was into shoplifting, stealing, bullying and swearing as my son's role model friend.

I would prefer my son to have friends that behave well, do their homework, treat their peers and adults with respect, say please and thank you and 'play nicely'. That does make me a snob, I know. It's not all about money and class, but wanting what's best for your loved ones.

Katie is, despite wanting the best for her children like I do, a complete bitch. The reports about her in the press have already made that clear.

Rob, in response to your comment, she did actually win the Apprentice when she was on it, but she turned 'round and declined the offer. She had slept with one of the other contestants along the way (presumably to her advantage) and used the Apprentice as a stepping stone to go onto better things. I believe I read that she also 'took' a married man from his wife and children.

A horrible individual, for sure, but as SheffieldRed has said I suspect there are far more that agree with her than would ever admit it, even if only in principle.

Cracking TV though!
  • Options

The longer that went on the more I could relate to her. I would never say the things she did, and I wouldn't judge a child from it's name, but I would imagine some children's background can be deduced very quickly from the name that their parents give them.

I don't have an issue with my son's friends as he hasn't been to a school where he would meet the kind of families that Katie seems to scared of, but I wouldn't choose a young lad that was into shoplifting, stealing, bullying and swearing as my son's role model friend.

I would prefer my son to have friends that behave well, do their homework, treat their peers and adults with respect, say please and thank you and 'play nicely'. That does make me a snob, I know. It's not all about money and class, but wanting what's best for your loved ones.

Katie is, despite wanting the best for her children like I do, a complete bitch. The reports about her in the press have already made that clear.

Rob, in response to your comment, she did actually win the Apprentice when she was on it, but she turned 'round and declined the offer. She had slept with one of the other contestants along the way (presumably to her advantage) and used the Apprentice as a stepping stone to go onto better things. I believe I read that she also 'took' a married man from his wife and children.

A horrible individual, for sure, but as SheffieldRed has said I suspect there are far more that agree with her than would ever admit it, even if only in principle.

Cracking TV though!

Isn't that exactly the point though ? Someone should be judged on their character and not their name or class ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Isn't that exactly the point though ? Someone should be judged on their character and not their name or class ?

Sadly se9 there is a significant correlation between class and/or wealth and poor parenting. Poor parenting is more likely to lead to bad behavior in children, and that is, ultimately, what she is looking to avoid.

She is probably right, sadly, that a greater proportion of children with certain names are going to be brought up by less conscientious parents than children with other names. I don't agree with her, but if you are going to make irrational decisions/judgments about children from almost no knowledge about them, their name is as good a place as any to start.
  • Options
    Surely no one would want their children to mix with children that are into shoplifting or stealing etc, but your name does not define you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't have an issue with my son's friends as he hasn't been to a school where he would meet the kind of families that Katie seems to scared of....

I've just re-read that, and all I can say is that I have a cousin who lives in Kings Hill who I suspect has gained a higher state of self importance just from moving from Blackfen to there. You've done nothing to change my suspicions about people who live there. I may have read too much into it, and it may be the way you've worded it, but still. If we're going to judge people by their names, let's do it by area too!
  • Options
    I really do love you Suzi.
  • Options
    You can't be drunk already. It's 11.30am!
  • Options

Cracking TV though!

Just going on what a Facebook friend said as I don't watch the program, but I'd suggest she failed by appearing on the show in the first place
  • Options

I don't have an issue with my son's friends as he hasn't been to a school where he would meet the kind of families that Katie seems to scared of....

I've just re-read that, and all I can say is that I have a cousin who lives in Kings Hill who I suspect has gained a higher state of self importance just from moving from Blackfen to there. You've done nothing to change my suspicions about people who live there. I may have read too much into it, and it may be the way you've worded it, but still. If we're going to judge people by their names, let's do it by area too!
    Kinda know where you're coming from, suzi and have to agree with the sentiments you state.

• Options
    She is clearly a few sandwiches short....but lets flip it for a sec. If your son came home from school and asked for his friend rupert st john smythe round for tea, would you guess at what sort of family he was from? And i know for a fact some here would think 'posh twat' before anything else!

So to an extent, maybe someones name does give an indication to their background. But it wouldnt say whether they are a good person or not.
  • Options

Cracking TV though!

Surprised someone on here "went there" and, for what it's worth I agree with much of what you have said.

I don't expect this to make you popular though :-)

• Options
    There's something in the book "freakonomics" about names. There is correlation between how "poor" your name is and your outcome in life, but the cause is socioeconomic rather than the name itself. Names don't tell the whole story
  • Options
    Glad I'm called Robin so that I can mix it and be popular with all classes!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

There's something in the book "freakonomics" about names. There is correlation between how "poor" your name is and your outcome in life, but the cause is socioeconomic rather than the name itself. Names don't tell the whole story

There is. Good book that. He also explains how names like Chardonnay are at first fashionable and seen as high status when used by "stars" but when then copied by others they quickly go out of fashion and are seen as "low class".

KHA used to talk to me when he thought my name was Henry but when he found out it was Ben he snubs me : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree that it is probable that people make snap judgements based on peoples names. I just don't agree that anyone should 'nip their childs friendship with these children' based on their names, without finding out a little more at least? Poor kids. Invite the Tarquin's and the Pinot's round together first I say.

• Options

I agree that it is probable that people make snap judgements based on peoples names. I just don't agree that anyone should 'nip their childs friendship with these children' based on their names, without finding out a little more at least? Poor kids. Invite the Tarquin's and the Pinot's round together first I say.

Too right Sausage!

; )
  • Options
    There was a girl in Waterloo Road called Sambuca ! Yes, she was a chav :-)
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Too right Sausage!

; )
    ha :-)

• Options
    Her whole argument is flawed though because she says she wouldn't let her kids befriend certain kids based on their name then says she hates names after places and refers to Brooklyn.

So she expects us to believe that if her son/daughter came home from school one night and wanted to invite Brooklyn Beckham round for tea, she'd say no way. I somehow doubt it.
  • Options
    Well I agreed with her...

Nah :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013

McBobbin said:

There is. Good book that. He also explains how names like Chardonnay are at first fashionable and seen as high status when used by "stars" but when then copied by others they quickly go out of fashion and are seen as "low class".

KHA used to talk to me when he thought my name was Henry but when he found out it was Ben Dover he snubs me : - )
    I'm a name snob, we should never sign anyone called Iain Dowie (feckless idiot
  • Options
    She didnt win The Apprentice, she withdrew before the final three.

I never judge anyone without knowing them and I wont start for that rubber faced, horsey looking, living caricature of a middle class idiot.
  • Options
    Idiot woman. Her children are called Poppy (a dog's name) and India and she didn't realise India was a country. Idiot. Plus, Holly is fit, so I'm taking her side.
  • Options
    Holly? So she was named after a bush then!